NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

Good job on the assault everyone. I will take 1 long sword and 1 med chain mail please.

I think that the Goblins are trustworthy enough when they are paid. For now we can trust them, but in the future they may be on another payroll.

@Abaddon
Everyone who participated in battle are free to pick two items from the loot.

I think the rest is put in village storage and is distributed to those who need it on a temporary basis.

@Abaddon: No, whatever loot is left should go to the village supply, not to some nanny boy who can't even bother to gather food, but impressing kids and learning herbs while everyone else is fighting and gathering supplies and food.

Action 1: Practice Herbal Lore. Seek appropriate tutor if available and offer to help to curry favor etc.

Action 2: Find some impressionable youths. Do some silly but not deadly things. Try and impress them with stories etc. Try and make them followers.

I'll accept that, but, what actual difference is there it it's mine or the villages?

If it belongs to the village, in a case of defense, or needing more troops for a large battle, or in emergency, it would be better for all, as opposed to you hoarding the ill-deserved loot.

Why assume I would hoard it? I wanted it so that I could train with it.
With your logic, everyone should turn down the option to take some of the loot, and instead donate it to the village. Why do you need to hoard your loot?

Except instead of fighting, I knew my talents would be better fishing than fighting. And of course, you should have noticed I never asked for any loot.

If it goes into the village supply, you can use it for training, and none of us will run the risk.

Those who fought and BLEED for the village DESERVE loot. You, and myself as well as others did not.

Well I am neither a fighter nor a fisher, I have an interest in herbs and desired to increase my knowledge of that. With my knowledge I could heal the wounded in the battlefield. A bit of basic protection would not go amis. By all means those involve in the battle should claim all they desire, but those that can make use of anything spare should have access to it.

And claiming 5 ores, 2 weapons, and armor counts as "basic"?

And why do you need weapons now? You are a herb gather who probably won't see battle for a while. Not only that, once you do see battle, you can use public equipment.

I was to beat the scraps into bowls, I picked one weapon, one shield and one light armour. As nice as practicing medicine would be, you also need to be battle prepared. I feel practicing swordplay without becoming used to movement with armour and shield would be useless. There is many of the items I requested, anyone who wants them will find them strewn across the battlefield. The items I picked would not restrict any others choices.

Again, why have them yourself? Why not use from the public supply which should give it to you to train if you wish.

@Abaddon.

No, you may not have the scraps of iron until I am satisfied that you are skilled enough to make something out of it (IE: Basic Craftsmanship)

No, you may not have the weapons and armors.

Yes, you may borrow the weapons and armors for training purposes and training purposes only.

@ cull: Have you ever worn leather armour? It takes a while to mold to your body. If I have to grab a random set it won't be as well fitting. That's rashes, infection and generally bad stuff! Also, I do wish to beat some scraps of metal into bowls... So that's something I'd need access to.

Over all though, I'm sick of debating it with you alone. We have piles of the stuff and I honestly thnk I have a use for it which will benefit the village. Unless everyone is staunchly against it, it's the plan I will go with.

i have no problem with (abandon's character) using these things but as a healer, i expect him to focus his efforts in the near future on the sickness that has beset us. Is that fair? To each their strengths and to each their responsibilities to the village.

Why not ask the craftsmen to make bowls for you? The odds of your character making a useful bowl out of metal scraps with no training in this NES are about the same as the odds of Ugag becoming the next Shakespeare.

Also, there is not enough armor to equip the warriors and hunters. Shouldn't they get first pick? They have a greater need for it than you do.

@Seon. They are scraps of metal. If I fail to make anything, it's still scrap metal. How can I gain skills without the basic materials?

@Imma. Thankyou. Indeed, my intention is to brew healing broths which will cure pustule wounds and steel the backbone of our men once more.

Why not ask the craftsmen to make bowls for you? The odds of your character making a useful bowl out of metal scraps with no training in this NES are about the same as the odds of Ugag becoming the next Shakespeare.

Also, there is not enough armor to equip the warriors and hunters. Shouldn't they get first pick? They have a greater need for it than you do.

I didn't realise I could ask someone else to craft bowls for me... I have nothing to give in return (as of yet)

There is enough armour and weapons to share beyond the immortals, warriors and hunters... Even if they all want it... Also, I always said that they should get first pick.

I would like to take and iron sheild and a med quality short sword.

Nice fighting, everyone.

Luck favors me at last! Sort of.

I'm sure Northen Wolf can give a more detailed explanation, but asking the crafters to build/repair something is a time-honored tradition in this NES. It takes an action, is usually accompanied by an offer to help or learn, and is subject to a dice roll. A good roll gets you an item, possibly some skill, and maybe even some respect. A bad roll results in a poor-quality item, a wasted action, and possibly some disrespect.

Just for the record, I'm not against you using some scrap yourself, but I would be very surprised if you succeeded. And since we don't have a forge to re-melt items, it is entirely possible that you can mangle the scrap beyond uselessness. I'm just making sure you know what your options are.

About the armor, I still think that it should be for community use. If you spend several actions training for armor use, or write a story about your 'lucky armor' that saved you when you were gathering plants, then I can totally see justification for your ownership.

I would like to claim a Longsword for my initial charge being very successful.

I would also like to claim a (med) iron shield

I propose the coinage be distributed evenly among the whole village to pay for families of the fallen and give the immortals an equal amount to begin with. (This should be something to start bartering with)

I further propose that all other non-battle goods be put in the stores for skilled craftsorcs.

Finally, we should send a party of scouts and a party of shamans to try and locate the source of the sickness.

Top Bottom