NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

We, the Whisperwind clan, chose more peaceful way even when our shamans were killed by the Empire. We moved away from our old lands towards Northern Coast, just before gnolls went on rampage and destroyed most villages there and found new settlement upriver, I belive you know the place from our stories. When our last surviving trickster saw the fighting what was going on in the magical realm, he casted forget spell on us - so neither Knossos, his allies or anyone else could find us by searching life and mana lines. You see, when memories are erased, lines that connect person to this world are cut to minimal and thereby chance that someone finds us by searching the mystical world are minimal.

We chose not to follow The Horde as they were incompentent, weak and insane - attacking much larger and stronger enemy without provocation and killing human children while they could have used them as bargaining tool. Back then, The Horde was no match to the Empire - in not in training nor in equipment or even raw numbers. Only thanks to the fact that Empire's Northern Army was busy battling with Knossos, The horde managed to beat back Empire attacks on South and West coasts and organize themselves into what they are today.

We payed taxes to the Empire when Knossoses forces finally found our village and Empire defended us against Knossos and his (mostly) undead servants. We heard no news other than human victories from tax collectors and we kept as low profile as possible, despite of that we attempted to send messengers to the clan and our old allies. Alas, None of our messengers, returned. That means we do not know anything about The Clan, other than what it was and what Bloodoak clan has told us. We still belive that paying taxes to The Empire would have been better choice than attacking them but as we do not own our own clan anymore, we do as you say.

This really does shine new perspective on things, no?

Ho ho ho, for me, I would much prefer to believe our old allies the Whisperwind clan. However, we did attack the Empire, so what to do...

By the way, I really do wondere what happened to the Whisperwind Messengers. Chill Bill, did you know any of this?

We take it as offense, that you, our brothers - even dare to think that we might be hurting you. We would rather look at Bloodoak clan and their lame religious fanatics to find cause of this curse. All of our warriors who trained you are sick too. Do you think we are fools and sicken our own. Even if we would have done that, what would be our purpose?

Ah, I see. I apologize for that.

Speaking of which, where are the followers of this...marsh god...? I wonder what they have to say in matter of the Plague.

We take it as offense, that you, our brothers - even dare to think that we might be hurting you. We would rather look at Bloodoak clan and their lame religious fanatics to find cause of this curse. All of our warriors who trained you are sick too. Do you think we are fools and sicken our own. Even if we would have done that, what would be our purpose?

Ugag did not mean to offend, nor imply that you intentionally gave anyone sickness. But Ugag not leave any rock unturned, and was merely thinking out loud.

By the way, I really do wondere what happened to the Whisperwind Messengers. Chill Bill, did you know any of this?

No, Chill does not.

I HAVE NOT UPDATED UPDATE/FIRST PAGE YET But I am working on my excel spreadsheet and then move onto update/first page.

Battle +6 sick immortals (Chill Bill, Luke, Gaarth, Maxwell, Ugag, Gurtak).
Sick (roll-1)
2 respect military
1 respect commoners
+2 fame

Stoll + 2 fame, -shaman respect, + crafter respect, loses 2,5 followers, -respect among commoners
Ugag +1 fame +3 followers, personal banner, + respect builders,
Maxwell - Battle Axe 'Cruxbane', personal farming plot (flax)
Gaarth - 4 followers pregnant, 1 sick, 1/2 crafter follower
Luke - Luke gains 2 followers, respect among Holy Wind faction, 1 follower 1/2 archer.
Shurzurn - gains (dam) Iron Chain Mail and (dam) Iron Helmet (medium, not full face covering; with horns), + respect builders, + follower
Magog - + builders respect, +strength, +50% basic archercy,
Xialo - 25% advanced fishing, + fishermen respect, follower learnt mining
Gurtak - learnt basic fighting.
Aiken - loses popularity, loses respect, loses one education (education goes into negative)
Wotepchu Broadhand - Gains 2 units of healing herbs, 50% basic medicine, gains shoulder bag, Respect among cult of fog,
Gartog - lost commoners respect, gained nickname of "sheep-lover", learned basic animal husbandry
Chill Bill - gains basic charisma skill,

Village:

+large house
+ small house
+ medium house -> converted into healing hut
+ 35 units of leather
- 8 units of leather (due to sunlight and rot)
+ 5 crafters
- 5 commoners
+ normal food field

Sacred wind
+ Secure position (shrine)
- followers (military)
+ followers (farmers and woodcutters)
Prophecsy of Good and Evil fighting over control of the skies

Cult of fog
+ More secure position (due to mushrooms they have quite a bit what to get high off and don't have to worry about life problems or their families hating them.)

Pop
+32 sick warriors
+16 sick commoners
+6 sick immortals (Chill Bill, Luke, Gaarth, Maxwell, Ugag, Gurtak).

By the way, since Igained 50% basic craftsmanship, that means I have Basic Craftsmanship skill now, correct?

OOC: Does this mean sickness is random based on die rolls?

No, it means all rolls you do are What You Rolled -1. and one may roll a zero. If 1 is bad imagine what zero is :) For me it's more fun.

If you guys pick 2 objects (or groups) to check out and succeed - meaning one of those two objects/persons/whatever is the source of the Plague, then you'll all get cured (the roll minus one thing disappears).

I think if you roll a 0 while trying to "examine" a group of people, you may find your character trying to analy probe them.

And then dead shortly after.

If you guys pick 2 objects (or groups) to check out and succeed - meaning one of those two objects/persons/whatever is the source of the Plague, then you'll all get cured (the roll minus one thing disappears).

My guess is that it could potentiallly be the battleaxe 'cruxbane' or the coin we stole.

OOC: so it gives us a -1 to our dice rolls? In that case I'm going to submit a series of Not orders, for instance "Gaarth works really hard to NOT find a big friggin' pile o' gold" and "Gaarth works really hard to NOT have his wimminz give birth to quintuplets"

My guess is that it could potentiallly be the battleaxe 'cruxbane' or the coin we stole.

There were few warriors and commoners who got sick during winter too... Of course, humans may have been around your camp way before - your guards were nice and all (judging by the fact Bloodoak missionaries spoke about Holy Wind for quite a while before being noticed by military (or elders) )

RPAdvantage said:
Gaarth works really hard to NOT have his wimminz give birth to quintuplets"
Gaarth works really hard and succeeds - his "wimminz" do not give birth to quntuplets. Instead they give birth to family of firehound puppies, who first drink their mothers blood (and turn bigger thanks to natural very-rapid-growth rate). Once done eating their mothers and their aids, they set entire village of Gor into flames. Gormadash orcs try to run for the armory but several pups (now grown to large wolf's size), with their burning skin, block the path to armory. Several smaller hounds head for sleeping houses and healing hut. When someone screams that Healing hut is burning, real chaos brakes loose. Huge fire attracts several flying dragon-like creatures, who circle around village and kill as many fleeing orcs as possible. Few braver orcs suicide-wrestle-kill firehound "puppies" blocking path to armory. But worst yet is to come - entire ground shakes and village is torn, literally, into two halves - the half that had armory and granary on it falls deep into depths of earth. But this is not all, when a sound of undead feet marching echoes from the depts of earth, many orcish brothers suicide while others pray harder and are killed by lighting bolts of angry god or dragon-creatures. Out of freshly torn canyon, entire army of undead rabbits and boars emerges, accompanied by only few undead skeletons see the burning chaos of Gor' they scream: "YOU WILL BECOME SLAVES OF KNOSSOS AND FIRST SACRIFICES FOR HIS REBIRTH" and ... Do you want me to continue?

(Just to show what could happen if you give me very stupid orders)

Forgot miners, sorry.

MINERS

Miners discover suitable site for building a mine, that might contain iron, copper, silver or many other ores. However they have no prospecting knowledge so they do not know what's hidden in Mountain of Horrors, until they dig a hole into the the ground. They did not prospect for possible salt mine location.

Builders: Build shaman's hut, lumbermill, carpentry hut (for builders and crafters), build tannery.
Hunters: rebuild traps, hunt pigs, explore caves.
Craftsmen: Craftsmen have plenty to do; focus on developing new tools for the builders.
Farmers: plant seeds, cultivate lands.
Fishermen: fish, explore new fishing sites (with guards for protection)
Warriors: train themselves- increase quality of forces for now, not quantity, some guard fishermen
Miner: 60% develop mine referenced in post 393 40% prospect and develop salt resources if available.
Commoners: 70% Help farmers as is there role in spring and fall. 30% train as builders- we need more builders.

Gartog addresses the other Immortals:

I am name Gartog. I come to fellow greenskins with bad news. I know some of you not like how I watch sheep all day, but it not because of what you think. I watch sheep to learn how to take care of them better. It seem to me that Gor's sheep are starving. They lick dirt and the younglings are dying. Grown-up sheep not very happy or healthy, either. Sheep need more pasture and grass, or we lose all sheep. Losing sheep is bad for greenskins, sheep give us fur for coats, leather for armor, meat for food. If all sheep starve, we starve, freeze, and get killed by pinkies. You can call me sheep-friend, but I'm not that way, I only want to help fellow greenskins to not die, so this is the news I bring. Hopefully you other greenskins and the greenskin leaders will do something about starving sheep.

Note on Warriors and the Plague

Most, if not all, warriors are sick. I do but believe that all the warriors can use a break this one season, no? I believe that the warriors should rest to expediate healing, healthy but weak warriors are preferable to dead warriors after all.

To Gartog

Hmm... What kind of help do you think you require to save the sheep?

Do you need people to transport much grain to you, or do you think sheeps are... Friendly enough... To you for you to take out of the pens without escaping?

I think we move sheep from pasture to pasture, have people watch sheep make sure no wolves or bandits take sheep, and protect sheep while they eat one pasture then move to next, give other pastures time to grow, and sheep not starve. Maybe even more sheep will be born and Gor' can gain more wool, meat, and leather. This would be good for village.

Also, just so you can know, Gartog not owner of sheep, I just watched sheep to learn about them to help farmers... they did not understand but they simple-minded and superstitious, so that not a big deal to me. Next, I plan to go to forest and observe boars...maybe can find the reason there are so many running around now than before. Maybe even Gor' can have a few pigs to raise for food, too.

To Overseer Stoll

Magog thinks important to have happy shamans and therefore building them the next house is good. Magog supports the construction of a building for the shamans.

To Shamans

Magog think you should get building next and has asked overseer to make decision.

@Bestshot

You guys could build movable pasture. Sheep are quite wild still, but they won't travel far away from chained central ram (male sheep).

@Everyone who support Shamans having their own personal hut

We are glad that our clansmen see that the path of the life is long and knowing what lies ahead is important, however we will not claim small hut to usselves unless Overseer or majority (at least 5 immortals) agree on giving the hut to us.

------------------------
I am still working on updating first page, but these are changes I'm going to do on the first page. If there are any mistakes or something missing, please let me know.

NB! Please note that you guys have one small house that be converted to almost anything with low costs. Small house is enough for sheds or shaman hut and like, unless you are planning to store huge rocks (for creating golems, modern art or whatever)...

Village changes
Spoiler :

+ large house -> sleeping house
+ small house
+ 35 units of leather
+ 5 crafters
- 5 commoners
+ 11 children
+ 6 children grow up

Supplies estimated income
Water: irrigation 100 meters from village
Food: low to medium income from Trap line, none farm, irregular small-medium hunting income, low to medium income from fishing
Wood: low-medium
Bars: none
Ores: None, some rocks could be Carried from river

Stocks

Water: Irrigation 100 meters from village
Food: 30% of what is needed to survive Winter.
Wood: very low
Bars: 10 iron bars (1 bar=1 item)
Ore: quite many rocks piled into village square

Granary stocks:
1/3rd full - 30% of what is needed to survive the winter.

Gormandash-Goro population changes
- 6 kids (grew up)
+ 10 kids (will mature by next spring)
+ 5 crafters
- 5 commoners (become crafters)

+ 4 rookie warriors
- 4 commoners (become warriors)
+ 12 normal warriors
+ 8 trained warriors
+ 3 veteran warriors
+ 3 farmers
- 3 Commoners (become farmers)

Fallen in Battle of Many Broken Bones
- 12 commoners
- 5 hunters
- 3 rookies
- 3 warriors
- 2 trained warriors
- 1 immortal (Gorrik)

Factions decisions

Up to overseer

Builders: Do not know what to build (Enough supplies to build avrg: 3 small, 2 medium, 1 large house)
Hunters: Want to hunt wild boar, do not want to go into caves, ask for tannery
Craftsmen: Craftsmen have plenty to do, ask for crafters hut
Farmers: Want to tend plants, want to gather herbs, want tool shed
Fishermen: Want to continue fishing, ask for fishing traps
Warriors: Ask more volunteers to train against new possible enemy, ask for new training grounds or repair old training grounds.
Miner: Want to re-prospect Mountain of Horrors, found one suitable spot for mine and want to build level zero mine there.

Commoners:
some would go with hunters,
few would chop wood,
few would fish,
Some would help farmers
few would help builders
very few would do only as much as they need to
Some would gather herbs

Village gains
+ large house -> converted into sleeping house
+ small house
+ 35 units of leather

Immortals changes
Spoiler :

Stoll: + 2 fame, -shaman respect, + crafter respect, loses 2,5 followers, -respect among commoners, + respect among commoners,
Ugag: +1 fame +3 followers, personal banner, + respect builders, sick, 2 respect military, 1 respect commoners, 2 fame
Maxwell: Battle Axe 'Cruxbane', personal farming plot (flax), sick, 2 respect military, 1 respect commoners, 2 fame
Gaarth: 4 followers pregnant, 1 sick, 1/2 crafter follower, sick, 2 respect military, 1 respect commoners, 2 fame
Luke: Gains 2 followers, respect among Holy Wind faction, 1 follower 1/2 archer, sick, 2 respect military, 1 respect commoners, 2 fame
Shurzurn: gains (dam) Iron Chain Mail and (dam) Iron Helmet (medium, not full face covering; with horns), + respect builders, + follower
Magog: + builders respect, +strength, +50% basic archercy,
Xialo - 25% advanced fishing, + fishermen respect, follower learnt mining
Gurtak - learnt basic fighting, sick, 2 respect military, 1 respect commoners, 2 fame
Aiken - loses popularity, loses respect, loses one education (education goes into negative)
Wotepchu Broadhand - Gains 2 units of healing herbs, 50% basic medicine, gains shoulder bag, Respect among cult of fog,
Gartog - lost commoners respect, gained nickname of "sheep-lover", learned basic animal husbandry
Chill Bill - gains basic charisma skill, 3 small wooden statues of Raj-Tol, Scar of Raj-Tol, Sick, +2 respect military, + 1 respect hunters and +1 respect military (for creating a battle plan), 1 respect commoners, 2 fame (battle), 1 fame (for representing Gor')

LOOT

Equipment:
7 (Med) Short swords
12 (Damaged or poor quality) Short swords

Armor:
5 (Med) Iron shields
8 (Low) Iron Shields
9 (Damaged or poor quality) Iron Shields
4 (low) Wooden shields

5 (Low) Iron chainmail
2 (Med) Iron chainmail
8 (Damaged or poor quality) Iron chainmail
4 (Med) Leather armor
5 (Damaged or poor quality) Leather armor

Misc:
4 units of Cloth, (uncolored, 1 unit = enough for tent to fit 3 people)
3 small wooden chests
1 small iron chest
320 imperial coins – imperium uses these to pay wages, convert rate to The Horde Coins is 0,75 imperial coins for 1 The Horde coin.
5 units of leather
30 units of metal-scraps – It represents metal scraps that were considered 'too broken' to be used. Skilled smith could restore quite many weapons/shields/armor from these scraps, while one can simply smelt them back into iron bars.

These supplies will be added to Village Supplies, unless Overseer says otherwise
Battle of Many Broken Bones claims
Chill Bill gains: (Med) Short sword and a (Med) Leather armor
Luke gains: longsowrd, (med chain mail)
Gaarth gains: Longsword, (med) iron shield
Maxwell gains: Iron shield and a (med) short sword
Ugag gains: (Med) iron shield and (Med) iron chainmail
Gurtak - (andis-1) no claim?

To Shammies
From Stoll

Of course I approve of you people having the small house! Just be sure to find the cause of the plague... Speaking of which, could one of you fine folks please help us treat those infected? Your medical knowledge would be very valuable.

To Wotepchu
From Stoll

The same goes to you pal! Your medical knowledge would be valuable in saving lives. Could I expect to see you in the infirmary?

To Everyone

Hmm...there seems to be a certain shortage of warriors now that almost every one of them is sick, I believe that we should build a new training ground to expediate training of new generation of warriors and a bloody archery range outside the town. I am looking at yoooooou Bill.

Top Bottom