NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

Kinda Out of Contents: I'm trying to learn making "old paper" look, but I'm not getting wrinkles right :(

Edit: Every profession has at least two skills it can study. Warriors for an example require basic fighting to study either: advanced fighting, Basic Sword/shield/Armor. Healers and druids need basic herb knowledge to study medicine and/or advanced herb knowledge and/or basic alchemy.

looks good- you can also use the 'clouds' effect to start with.

or turn down the 'opacity' on your smudge tool.

What about when you get something like I just got--25% skinning. I presume this is a subset skill of the hunting skill and it is very limited in scope. So if I did more training in hunting, would that override this limited knowledge (i.e. the 25% skinning is removed when hunting is learned) or something similar?

Well that went well considering i just ordered Gurtak to rest. I approve of this update :D

Yeah, I think I underestimated the severity of the disease. Lost respect, lost my banner (wtf?), and lost precious, precious strength. What a mess.

At least my followers are okay.

Shrug. Stoll needs more education points... who needs magic when you have E=MC^2?!

I like that old paper look. The dark parts look like it's been folded and crumpled. I did something similar before, using the 'clouds' effect, and it didn't look good. I know there's a way to do it, but I can only make things hideous. BAWWWW

What about when you get something like I just got--25% skinning. I presume this is a subset skill of the hunting skill and it is very limited in scope. So if I did more training in hunting, would that override this limited knowledge (i.e. the 25% skinning is removed when hunting is learned) or something similar?

Yeah, I think I underestimated the severity of the disease. Lost respect, lost my banner (wtf?), and lost precious, precious strength. What a mess.

At least my followers are okay.

You gained right to carry a banner in Battle of Many Broken Bones. I asked you to find yourself an image that you wish to have on your banner but :blush: Well anyhow now you lost it. You just lost one level of strength tho and you still have one point in strength. You also rolled a 1 and a 2. And remember what that sickness did with your rolls, I'd be glad you survived :p

Shrug. Stoll needs more education points... who needs magic when you have E=MC^2?!
Education is general knowledge of this world and how it works. Not like ShakesBear (trademark) poems of "Lust of Gord" - altho most books contain knowledge and will improve your education. More you know about this world, more easier it is to converse with others, convince them to see stuff your way or even escape from traps and ambushes alive. It also improves your learning ability.

Update part II has been posted, STATS WILL BE DONE BY MONDAY.

Also there are some changes on First page of this thread :).

EDIT: I noticed I did not reply one question.

Fishermen that knows advanced spear-fishing is equal or worse compared to fisherman who knows basic spear fishing and basic netfishing. Like more things you know about your proffession = better for you.

Hunting = finding pray, waiting for moment to strike, striking, coming back alive.
Trapping = Knowing how to make traps, know how to set up traps, know what bait to use, etc.
Skinning = Taking skin from animal, preserving it while hunting, cleaning it and also includes basic tannery.
Leather Working = advanced tannery and turning leather hides into items.

Builders

Proposal 1: Building of carpentry hut: This proposal is in fact long overdue. For our village to grow quicker, carpentry hut must be built to facilitate cutting,treating, and carving wood to various shapes and sizes ideal for craftind and building purposes.

Completion of the Mines: As we have all noted before, the humans possess technological expertise years beyond us. To catch up to their ability, we must build a mine as quickly as possible as to have a steady source of ore. This proposal will require much wood to be used as palisade protecting the miner's camp.

Building of Boar Stockade: easy enough.

Training Grounds: Because the last one went kabloooie.

.................................................................................

Crafters:

Well, I am certain that they have much to take care of. Some more fur coats and boots for the coming winter would be nice, and also those trap lines need to be repaired quickly.

.............................................................................................

Farmers:

They have to harvest food this fall, so I expect them to be pretty busy.

................................................................................................

Shamans

Could your excellencies keep on eye on the undead or, if possible, find their intent?

Woodcutters

We require more wood. We need much more than "few" villagers to gather the amount required. Therefore, some of the immortals leading the people to cut down trees would be welcoming.

I agree with the above proposal. I will lend my services to aid the woodcutters and to help construct a carpentry hut.

3 messengers arrive just before end of summer:

We offer to loan you 25 of our warriors and 5 shamans to Destroy this abdominion monolith rock in your village and look for more around your village. We can not risk that more demons will spawn. We also demand you not to pass onwards this demon releasing art to anyone. We cannot risk god-wars as they do much damage (even tho Raj-Tol would be victorious).

We hear that our kin has learned how to release gods from their prison. We wish to study your monolith stone and listen to descriptions of how you freed your god from his prison. Price can be discussed. We our first offer would be 20 livestock cattle or 40 sheep, we could also offer seeds, gold or weapons and armor. We ask you not to destroy monolith stone and we ask you to not make this godly and important art a secret.

We offer 20 young warriors to help you with wiping out undead military outpost.

OOC: These are just first of requests that arrived to you, elders assume that many more requests are on their way

From Chill,
To my fellow immortals and friends,

Firstly,
The nasty business of the followers of Bor, their loaf-about ways, their parasitic consumption has finally grown from being a mere nuisance to a genuine threat. We must re-examine this faith within our society. Perhaps there is no real room for it and the dangers its represents.

Secondly, the formation of the leather-blades worries me. I do not like seeing our village divided within itself. The formation of a subset of villagers who are loyal to a sub-group within the village is damaging to our unity and our strength. Our loyalty should be to one-another and to the elders of our tribes. Division is weakness. Union is strength. While i do not oppose Gaarth or others attracting a loyal cadre of men-at-arms, their ultimate loyalty must always be to the village. And so... i simply present those thoughts that worry me with the hope that others can and will assuage my worry.

Thirdly, In the matter of the BloadOak clan representative, if we make this matter a vote, i would vote that we work in conjunction with our brothers and allies and agree to their request. They are willing to bleed and pay the price in soldiers and shamans to do what is right. We should be only too thankful for their generosity and work with them to destroy the monolith and search for others.

Fourthly, we must diplomatically and with all kindness rebuff the Greenleaf clan.

Fifthly, we must determine if the undead are at all dangerous to us so close by. We know that all it takes is a mean-spirited and powerful necromancer to turn that force, even if peaceful now, into a mindless army of destruction. We cannot allow that to happen. At the same time, we cannot simply ignore these people or assume they are a threat. More diplomatic contact is required.

Sixthly, the goblins are traders and caravan-masters, a resource we require and which strengthens us. Additionally they have protected us and stood by us in the Battle of Broken Bones and so i consider them friends. But do friends spy on one-another, hide in the forest and steal (whether it be goods or knowledge) from one-another. We must demand an explanation without damaging our trade relations.

Seventh, When are we expecting the goblin caravan? Do we have trade goods to provide to them? I would really like to buy a saw for our lumber mill.

Eigth, with regards to how our energies should be spent this year:

Builders must focus on
1) the construction of a saw-mill, preferably on the river's edge using water power to turn the mill. If we can learn to use the river to apply its power to cutting lumber, perhaps we can use it to grind our grains and save our people so much time in producing valuable flour.
2) the construction of our mines and associated supports.

Crafters must focus on:
1) supporting the builders by providing the equipment and support they need to speed the construction of our saw mill and mines.
2) ensuring we all have adequate winter clothes.

Farmers:
must harvest our crops

Shamans:
Support our military in preparing us against threats, spying on the undead, locating monoliths, and ensuring they are prepared should the devil-god Bor return.

Woodcutters:
Cut wood, work with builders in developing saw mill for their needs.

Hunters:
Provide the leather we need for winter clothes but once that its accomplished, focus on providing leathers to trade to the goblin traders when they finally arrive.

Soldiers:
Search and destroy, along with the forces of the Bloadoak clan and our shamans and bloadoak shamans the devil Bor. Also, ensure protection against further incursions by goblin spies or others.

I myself would like to volunteer to counter-spy on the goblins and ensure that they not invite danger to us by sharing with other, potentially dangerous groups, the recent release of a god from the monolith. Perhaps i can do so diplomatically.

According to the stats sheet, one of our PCs is affiliated with the Bor religion, so you will have to determine what should be done with him.

Nwolf--did a trade caravan pass through that update? Can it be assumed one passes through each update?

To Chill
From Maxwell

Not to be disrespectful, but I find it interesting that you suggest a huge effort to hunt down the demon which did serious damaged and is very dangerous to anybody who comes across it, and then you volunteer for a job with much less risk leaving the rest of us to hunt it down.

Personally, I think dealing with the demon is job for the shamans. They know most about this kind of thing. But they also have the right to recruit wariors and anybody else when they are needed. How ever, if this is not accepted, I volunteer to be one of the party going after the devil Bor

From Chill,
To Maxwell,

You would do well to remember where the source of this blight originated before you begin making those sort of allegations.

And to make it clear, Chill would also be accompanying any effort to end the threat from the demon/Bor in addition to speaking with the goblins.

To Chill,

The axe was given to me for my heroic deeds in battle, but when there was the slightest suggestion that Cruxbane might have been the cause of this curse, I submitted it to the shamans. Needless to say, I suffered for it in the purification process.

However, I don't deny that I had a hand in this ordeal, and that is why I am prepared to join the party to go after the Bor devil to put things right.

Very well. Let us unite our efforts against common threat. This should be the way of our people.... always. And if we bicker it is only because we are a people with fire and courage in our blood.

Speaking of which,

To the Leathersomething faction:

The tannery is a village property. I refuse to give you sole access even to a small portion of it.

Overseer Stoll, Gaarth, Others

Your words are wise but let us consider a compromise situation. Should the, er, leatherblades, wish to continue manufacturing leather-goods for the good of, and to become communal property of the village, including themselves, they should be able to make use of village resources.

If, however, they wish to make supplies only for themselves, they must then purchase any foods, winter clothing, living space or protection supplied by the village. If such is the case and they find themselves so rich as to be able to additionally pay for the use of the tannery, i suggest we consider it. I warn Gaarth and his many followers to not adopt this path however. The precedent it sets is dangerous.

Top Bottom