1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Northen Wolf, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

OOC: Nice use of communist flag, Immaculate :p.

To Chill Bill

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the matter of compromise. If the leather err blades make leather products for the good of the village, they will of course be allowed to use village supplies.

However, the leatherblades' goal is, as I read, to control the entire leather industry of our village. And to do that they had the audacity to actually ask the VILLAGE to give them sole access to 1/3rd of the tannery. Village does not simply consist of leatherblades, there exists many unaffiliated leatherworkers who work for the good of the village. Leatherblades' demand to gain sole control of a part of village property is akin to your left hand asking for permission to punch the right shoulder.

2. hbar

hbar Constant

Ugag speaks to immortals and villagers

Friends, we gots problems. We gots angry Bor god in woods, we gots undeadies in zombietown, and we gots fish-ladies in the river. Ugag may have lost his banner, but he still war-chief. Ugag will lead warriors against enemies, but need to know which to fight. Ugag think Bor biggest threat, but also a God. To have chance, Ugag think we must accept Blookoak's proposal. Also, Ugag think we accept the Horde's proposal to wipe out undeadies. However, they lower priority, at least until they get means.

Ugag not sure what to think about leatherblades. If they help village, Ugag not care what trinkets they make; if they help themselves, Ugag think they stealing. Ugag wonder, what is third of tannery worth? Mebbe we charge them rent, money goes to village, and they can make their trinkets?

Gobbos sneak and gobbos steal, much like how piggies oink and piggies squeal. but we need gobbo trade. We deserve either discount or cut of profits for 'giving' gobbos secret of rock-smashy. Maybe they give us secret of their own, like how to make warg-mounts, like in the pretty painting?

About the buildings; Ugag want new training grounds for warriors, but Ugag know that village have other pressing needs, and we have no shortage of foes to practice on. Ugag agree with many others that we need sawmill, but urges Chill Bill to consider this: If sawmill is built on river, it need always be guarded against fish-ladies. We have many enemies and no training grounds, we are stretched thin, like skin on drum. One hard strike and we may snap.

3. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Have not read through new stuff yet.
    EDIT:

Map will come by monday. As will be updated first page.

4. Northen Wolf

Actually, starting from next update, you all will buy stuff from village - no more free stuff. You do not have to worry about paying taxes - It's calculated from your income, so if your orc trains for two actions straight, he'll probably be spending money rather than earning.

Leatherblade faction also generates trade goods - something that normal crafters, who work for village, do not do. They pay taxes for their profit tho. Both in their production and in money. They function same as normal "crafters" faction with focus on leather trade. One may ask either crafters or leatherblades to do leather-related tasks (like creating leather armor) and both would do it.

Leatherblades goal is to control entire leather industry. Crafters goal is to control entire production of everything in this village. And they have not done that good job, hence why Leatherblade faction feels that separate faction is required to actually create some trade goods.

Goblins
    You do not know if these goblins are from Dim' clan. You know that some goblins are selling the secrets of how monolith stones can be released to anyone who is willing to pay. You know goblins were spying on you as your hunters found tracks.

Goblin caravan will arrive on autumn (next update)

Factions and money
    There will be update 6,5 that will introduce both Faction system, aswell as money system. You cannot send orders for that update and some of you will start off with significantly larger sums of money than others.

5. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Interesting development, Northen Wolf.

6. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

To the orc brethren:

On the leatherblades, the goal of our group is to not be divisive. Rather, we noticed that our population is swelling to over 220 orcs, yet we only have winter gear for 140 of them. We did not want to see over 1/3 of our brothers and sisters freeze, or be cooped up inside like last winter. Remember the quarreling and the disease?? By clothing everyone we only lessen these 2 major problems.

Yes, we also make leather crafts to trade, this is so we can afford to train more leatherworkers and make our current leatherworkers better. If our village gains a reputation for quality goods, the traders are more likely to deal fairly with us and pay us more for the same goods. By consolidating leatherworking under one banner rather than many smaller cliques, our entire community benefits.

We are not ripping the village off in any way. We are paying our taxes, giving the majority of the time available in the tannery to others, and instructing young orcs how to be fruitful and multiply.
    Additionally, our leathercraftsmen get the opportunity now to share techniques with one another. Ways to harden leather so we can use it for armor that is quieter than metal armors humans wear. (we can surprise creatures we hunt for food and for war). Ways to make leather more pliable for stronger bowstrings. Ways to cause leather to shrink after wrapping, providing useful building material for weapons and homes. We've already found that the sinews of boars are much lighter and stronger than our current plant-based lashings, and we can braid it into a very useful cordage.

We must take note that now outsiders will attempt to take advantage of us in our newness to this world, and we do not wish for that to happen. We encourage all the skilled craftspeople to bond together in their own groups to work side by side with the Leatherblades.

As for my character, you saw me fight the humans and lead orcs, you saw me face the plague by attempting to improve my fighting ability so I could die for this village. To this point I've provided talented wives and mistresses to several young orcmen. Why wouldn't they wish to follow me?

7. Massive Attack

Massive Attack Warlord

To Overseer Stoll:

Magog would like Overseer Stoll's approval and support for asking shamans to take Magog's wolf pup and making into Worg.

8. Northen Wolf

Map, turn 6
    Spoiler :

OOC: Does anyone have knowledge of how much is cost difference of leather torso armor (I think it's called "cuirass") vs production of fine sword (simple, not some high nobleman sword).

9. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

(the leather armor should cost 2/3 of a sword approximately)

10. Northen Wolf

I have Real Life and it's annoying mean. Meaning I'll give myself next date to update first page and that'd be thursday. Update that explains factions, gold system and much more will come on monday.

I hope it's good enough. Sorry for delays and being slowbro (pokemon reference). Thanks to everyone.

11. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

again, take your time just keep 'em coming :D

12. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

its understandable- quality is worth the wait.

13. Anonymoose

Anonymoose KING OF MEESE

The consistency in quality is why we're still here. If you are committed to bringing on the updates whenever you can, I'll stay committed to bringing on the stories whenever I can. We're like a dynamic team of greenskin story tellers. :)

14. Northen Wolf

Thanks (L) You

First page - immortal stats should be updated. Please point out any mistakes! Working on village stats next.

[B]EDIT:[/B] ETA for update 6,5 is next Saturday. You can not send orders for that update. I'll try to get it done before, but I got term ending and a lot of schoolwork to do before it (otherwise I'll be kicked out of school).

15. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

Did my preggers wimminz have their babies yet?

16. Northen Wolf

Not before winter, I've been awfully busy with school. Sorry.

17. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

no problem, just checking in.

18. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

How's school going NW?

19. Northen Wolf

Update coming slowly, been working on my excel file mostly - I'm not as skilled as RPAdvantage or You (Immac) are, so it takes quite a bit of trial-nd-error to make something work on this spreadsheet. Altho first page is bit more updated again.

20. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Whatever is cool man, we patently wait :D