NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

While I LOVE that idea, Ugag, it also happens so that some goblins watching the thing from afar was able to duplicate our method.

It is a rumor. Whatever their method works or not or if they even have a method is not known.

My orders include investigating that- just so y'all know.

You give the leatherblades your hides, and our craftsmen will turn 2 of the hides into a masterwork quality suit of wolf leather armor. It will be nearly as effective as Chainmail with added bonuses to your stealth and since you will bear similar colorings to your wolf pup, it will also be easier for you to train it and gather more wolves to your kennel.

Magog finds this acceptable and agrees.

Regarding the Monolith stones, I say we sell the info to everyone and let the others mess with it, unless our shamans will share with us a reason to try and take possession of the stones for ourselves.

Gaarth votes to Ask the shamans the best way to proceed, if we don't get an answer from them then we should sell the information to all.

Chill votes against that idea, "Your greed will get us all killed Gaarth."

Gaarth and his Followers

Gaarth and his wimmins were touring the outskirts of the village. All of the wimmins nearly to bursting with child. Gaarth was very proud of them. He asked them about their friends in the village and in the leatherblade faction and made sure everything was allright.

Gungala, the eldest of the wimmins had some opinions. "I like that wolf-orc," she said referring to Magog, "he has a way with animals that goes beyond what normal orcs know. I am glad that you found a way to help him out to greatest advantage, and the other 3 wolf pelts will make 3 exceptional winter suits"

Shin-ah, the most voluptuous of the wimmins had a different opinion, "Why Gaarth, do you continue trying to fairly deal with the orcs who refuse to join the leatherblades? What purpose does it serve if we aren't better than them in trading?" Gaarth looked at Shin-ah in the eye, "You stupid trollop, the village is who we deal fairly with. When the village does good, we all prosper. As it is, we've procured the means to support every leatherblade in gainful work throughout the cold wintry season, and while they work they make higher quality goods. We continue to give villagers great deals so word gets out and more traders come. We charge the traders a fair price, but not as good as we give the villagers, that way traders remain outsiders to the village, but can't avoid us because our quality is unsurpassed."

The wimmins were confused by Gaarth's fiscal acumen and long term plan. Gaarth continued, "Our children will grow up here, they may fight for this village and die for this village. They first need to love the village if they are to have success. They will only love the village if it is the best."

The orcs then walked home in silence, visions of the future in their minds as the autumn sun set behind them, casting long silhouettes as a carpet of shadows towards the village.

Chill, what is your proposal then?

Greed nothing, I want the village prepared for winter, I want the village safe from the outsiders. If the goblins are selling, as is rumored, we should sell too, we can blame it on the damn gobbos, AND we can purchase the equipment we need to get the mine operational. If our shamans can show a power greater than wealth to be gained, we should do that instead, and give it to the leaders of the village.

Right now we have:

The bovine creatures
The angry human creatures
The nice trady orcs,
The shady trady gobs,
and a village made up of undead pioneers

As I see it, only 1 of those 5 factions is trustworthy, we may as well rip off the other four.

By the way would anyone like to volunteer to mount a diplomatic journey to the undead village?

Orders are due today. Or do you need more time?

I'd be surprised if I can get them in within 12 hours after we've been waiting weeks for the update...not a complaint, just being honest?

Chill Bill will be investigating the goblins who 'stole our methods for unlocking gods'; he will not be available to lead a diplomatic effort this season.

In regards to Chill's opinions, i don't think more gods/demons running around is a good idea. If the gobbos manage to unlock a few more gods, then there is little we can do to avoid that (though we can try). if we sell the plans to everyone, then all the demons/gods will fly around and bring war to the land. Less is better.

"I agree with Chill Bill, the world is already a dangerous place. Why unleash hoards of Gods and Demons upon this world?"

Shurzurn's Orders:

Help the woodcutters, either chopping trees or carrying the wood.
Help builders construct a carpentry hut.

Followers Orders:
Help carry wood

OOC:
@NorthenWolf I don't feel as if the village has come to a consensus on some very important issues, and we haven't heard from our overseer. I'm willing to send in my orders today, but it feels like we're in a bit of disarray, and I'm going to be away from the computer for the next 10 hours.

@SeonYour leadership has been lacking this round. None of us started discussing the issues after the update - it is up to you to start that discussion and remind everyone of what needs deciding. We're all at fault, but you're the boss, so I blame you.

Sorry for the nanny-rant, but it feels like there's a lot of important issues that need further discussion.

IC:
@Raj-Tol priesties: Ugag say thanks for windy-storm, make farms give plenty food. Ugag not know much about gods and demons, and would like to hear your thoughts on escaped Bor-god.

@Sha-mans: What you think of undeadies? Ugag think we have plenty enemies, maybe you can help understand why they peaceful. Would you accept a mission to visit them under heavy guard?

@Chill: Ugag trust Bill, he make smart decisions before. We should sit on monolith knowledge for at least this season until we know more of gobbos intent.

Aiken Orders:

1.With others construct and run Pig Unit. We want lots an lots of piglettes! Working with other Gor Ranchers. Where-ever I can help, I will be there. Offer to help pretty wimminz where possible also. Increase reputation with Ranchers.

2.Go out and help collect in wood, even if it is just dragging it back to camp once others have used those sharp and dangerous axes...

Yes, yes Ugag, I know...

In that spirit I would like to request 24 hour extension while I organize the tally and the things that must be done this season ie: harvest, and also how to deal with gobbos.

I will first agree with Chill Bill's proposition. We will remain close mouthed on the issue with the monolith while Chill Bill completes his recon.

I will also raise a new issue: What to do with the demon? Killing him is probably out of the question, an immortal reported that it killed a horde of wolves in a blink of an eye. If it can do that, than I don't know what else it can do.

Therefore, I suggest that we send a tracker to follow it. This will give us some knowledge on what in the name of Raz Tol the demon wants. As an additional bonus, it would relatively be low-cost operation.

Orders due date is now Thursday. This should be plenty of time time to discuss most village related things.

@Abaddon and everyone else, I'm sorry for being slow updater. I'm trying to do my best and keep this NES as fast paced as I can (without sacrificing much social life). So far I've been trying to follow bi-weekly update cycle. Sorry for taking longer last time.

Economic Policies for today!

Spoiler for village property :
Food: 40% of what is needed to survive next winter.
Wood: very low!
Gold: 120 Horde Coins
Ores: some stone,
Bars: 10 poor quality iron bars (1 bar=1 item), some rocks piled in village square
Crafts: Why would you need crafts?
Misc goods: 30 crafts

Equipment
Hunting equipment: 20 (one per hunter) (short bows and arrows, javelins)
Crafting equipment: 30 (one per craftsman)
Building equipment: 25
Fishing equipment: 10 fishing spears, 10 fishing nets
Woodcutting equipment: 25 axes (suitable for self-defense too)
Arms: 80 spears, 15 poor-quality short swords, 14 med quality fighting axes,
Armor: 10 small wooden shields
Valuables: 3 bags of pearls, 15 amulets, 5 bags containing many small statues of orcs sitting, 30 crafts
Misc:
48 units of leather (mostly small-critters and boar, few sheep hides)
140 winter suits (only workers and warriors who wear a suit can go outside during winter - suits are clans property and everyone has right to use them.)

Animals
37 sheep
15 untamed boars

Village property

3 large sleeping houses (each designed to fit 50 orcs but can fit 80 orcs in times of need),
1 small sleeping house (each designed to fit 15-20 orcs, but can fit 40 orcs), used by Elders only. Stoll uses this house to sleep.
Medium healing hut
Medium tannery
Shaman hut
1 poor quality house that functions as granary + tool shed.
Medium-sized, medium-quality Stockade (used for herding sheep and boar).
+ Scary looking pikes, sharpened stick and sharpened bones around the village (to defend against bird creatures, but makes village look more "scary")
Broken Monolith Stone
Archery range
50% of mining camp

Equipment
6 (Med) Short swords
13 (Damaged or poor quality) Short swords

Armor
5 (Med) Iron shields
8 (Low) Iron Shields
9 (Damaged or poor quality) Iron Shields
4 (low) Wooden shields

5 (Low) Iron chainmail
2 (Med) Iron chainmail
8 (Damaged or poor quality) Iron chainmail
4 (Med) Leather armor
5 (Damaged or poor quality) Leather armor

Misc
4 units of Cloth, (uncolored, 4 units = enough for tent to fit 3 people)
3 small wooden chests
1 small iron chest
320 imperial coins – imperium uses these to pay wages, convert rate to The Horde Coins is 0,75 imperial coins for 1 The Horde coin.
45 units of leather
30 units of metal-scraps – It represents metal scraps that were considered 'too broken' to be used. Skilled smith could restore quite many weapons/shields/armor from these scraps, while one can simply smelt them back into iron bars

Now we obviously don't need 320 imperial coins, I don't see any use we have for them aside from trophies. Therefore, I suggest we convert it to 240 horde coins. That should give us some money to buy several items of importance.

First off! Axes: As a horde economic manager may say "We require more lumber." Having more axes will enable us to equip more loggers which will give us more wood!

I suggest we use 100 village gold to buy 5 new axes from the caravan.

Next are mining tools; we have a nearly completed mining outpost near the mountain, but we have no mining tools. I suggest we use another 100 gold to acquire 4 mining equipments.

Next up, I suggest we buy some chickens. Chickens are useful, you can eat it, you can eat its eggs, you can kick it for entertainment, and finally you can race them with each other. Perhaps we should use 60 gold to buy 4 chickens?

I am open to suggestions on what to sell to the caravan.

Top Bottom