1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Northen Wolf, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Yes, you gain additional 25 % skinning skill, making your total skinning skill 50%.

We'll see in update part II :D

2. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

They should have unless the leatherblades rolled a 1

3. Northen Wolf

4. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

The Undead Trade Proposal

The undead have been growing a lot of food lately, more because of habit than need, that rots away because they do not need to eat. They have offered to give it to us, if we are to procure several trinkets for them from the caravans that pass through the village often. I say we agree to this deal.

5. hbar

hbar Constant

Ugag very wary of proposal. If we accept undeadies proposal, two things happen:

a) We place ourselves at risk of poison, magical or otherwise

b) We become dependy on other village for our food, so if we decide we don't like undeadies, we have to starve for few seasons after they're dead. Er, re-dead. Un-undead? ...

Ugag think this proposal might be good thing, but we need to be careful. Ugag suggest we only use the food as trade good or animal feed until we know more about undeadie plans and motivations.

6. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

c) we become forced to protect them if they are attacked since we'll want to secure our food sources.... forcing us into wars we might not want.

7. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

I think not. They claim they fought back Knossos and the gnoll necromancer before.

8. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Well then, lets see if they want to aid us in ridding the world of the gnoll necromancer? If they do, then they will have proven themselves in the greatest of orcish traditions.

9. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

They can't venture away from their village. if they do so, they become mad as a hatter, whatever that means.

10. Heraclius49

Heraclius49 Emperor

This should be a priority in think. They are clearly preparing for war, which makes them very dangerous. We should contact the Horde for help on this one.

I say we should leave this group of undead alone for now. First of all I don't want to mess with a monolith stone knowing how the last one went. Second, we are not fully aware of the mechanics about how the undead function. They could turn hostile at any second. We should be wary of them.

11. Northen Wolf

Update part two postponed until Friday. I'm sorry, I know I'm slow.

I just got three rolls to do but I'm too tired and don't think I have energy or patience to write something before Thursday.

I don't mind if people quit beacuse of slow update pace, but I want this to go atleast until update 15 with similar pace.

Sorry again.

12. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I'm cool with it northen; quality is better then quantity.

13. hbar

hbar Constant

Slow is actually good for me - I've got too much other stuff going on to worry about weekly orders.

14. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

I agree. As long as this doesn't stop, slow is fine :)

15. Northen Wolf

Factions doings

Builders
    Builders did what builders always do. Thanks to great help they got from several workers, including Shurzurn, they managed to complete some of the overseer’s wishes/demands. They wanted to construct a medium chicken coop together with boar pen, but after seeing how boars treat those who got too near to the sheep stockade and how many sheeps (and orcs) were wounded in the progress, they quickly dumped this idea. Instead they constructed a small boar stockade and small chicken coop. Both were nicely decorated and can withstand more damage than human “orderly” constructions.

Village of Gor' gains Small Boar stockade.
    Village of Gor' gains Small Chicken coop.

Total costs: 50+50 = 100 coins.

It is not simple to build chicken coop that protects chicken, does not allow them to get out, does not kill them, can withstand arrows, fire and animal attacks and that looks awesome, but our brothers in CaB finally managed to do it!

Hunters

Hunters continue with their usual hunting habit – wild boars are still deep in their caves but packs of wild elk seem to be traveling from West to East, just like during previous year, hunters managed to separate several small groups of elk and drive them into ambush. Surprisingly, not counting few orcs who were severely wounded by being trampled underneath several hoof-carriers, hunting was extremely successful. Never before have Gor' hunters returned with as big loot as now. Those who come from other villages, say that never before have they seen so many animals move in so small amount of time. Is this move part of natural food or are these animals trying to get away from something? Nevertheless hunters manage to kill many elks and even few wild boars who, for some reason, were either chasing some of them villagers or did not enter into their caves. Construction of tannery greatly increased leather income and crafters got a lot to do.

++Food
    +72 units of leather

Trap Line
    Trap line was almost completely negated by hunters, who were all filled with hunt(blood)lust. This results that only single young hunter tried to reset the trap line, but he alone could not do much. Besides, it seems that most ferrets and bunnies have already been captured and trap line for catching small animals is not that effective anymore, or maybe it only seems so?

Some traps just get old

+5 units of leather

Craftsmen
    Craftsmen got new power from having a competition and tried to do their best at competing with New faction called “Leatherblades”, as winter was approaching, they both were itching to create new winter clothes, however they were rather unlucky and made many many wrong cuts. Nevertheless they managed to convert some furs into fine looking winter coats.

+48 winter suits

Portraited: human slave displaying goods of a rich merchant.

Leatherblades
    Leatherblades, the new faction that has still to prove it's worth, was an opposer to the Guild of CaB. And surprisingly they did not do that bad. Infact, Leatherblades, despite the problems with low membership and practically no respect from other factions, managed to secure their leather income - a tanner or two often traded their tanned leathers with Leatherblades. A Crafter, who was focusing at creating legendary coat from leathers that Magog had, did rather good work too, but he had to sacrifice one of the hides in the progress.

If leatherblades focus their actions and recruiting or maybe teaching their skills, it seems that it may be possible for them to increase their crafters numbers.

Leatherblades faction gains 5 gold as payment fees from its members.

Village gains +12 winter coats
    Leatherblades gain +4 legendary quality quality wolf fur coats, which – Gaarth claims – makes one more powerful among wolves.

Fishermen
    One day the orc-fishermen were attacked by Merman who were armed tridents and nets... As always, village of Gor' fishermen usually get their fish from river and as they had found out that merepeople were edible they ate a few during last season. That kind of a behaviour angered the mermen which lead to an frontal assault. Meremen were fierce on their attack and even though the fishermen had some soldiers with them, few fishermen were hurt, two of them lost their life and so did a young warrior. Mermens’ losses were few – only a single body could be found, yet the warriors believe that at least two of them got leathally injured. They can’t be sure in that, but from now on the orc fishermen have to be a lot more careful where and when they cast their nets.

+ Small amount of Fish
    - 2 fishermen
    - 1 normal warrior

Altho humans prefer to view meremaids and meremen as intelligent and beautiful creatures, orcs have slightly different opinion. Food. Yes, that is an opinion.

Woodcutters
    Altho, woodcutter numbers were nowhere near the limit they could have, Woodcutters did awesome job. Much of this thanks to Overseer’s orders and several volunteers – Aiken for an example. By the end of autumn, some woodcutters reported increased sightings of Wolves in forest.

Village Wood supplies increase from “very” low to “low-medium”.

Soldiers
    Besides getting wounded and being especially careful about undead AND getting trained by Ugag, nothing much happened. Many of the village youth enjoyed the training tho and should Ugag keep this up, few new recruits may join the ranks of the militia.

Shamans
    Tried to use their powers to see through the eyes of the animals. Unfortunately, what they saw made them rather scared. And more they tried to look, more scared they become. They whisper words of war party and maaaany archers, but they do not tell anything to commoners. A PM sent to village Overseer and Warchief.

Farmers
    Thanks to the highly important (threatening) efforts of the Overseer Stoll, all fields got harvested and even some fields were re-dug, so they would be easier to be redug during spring. Maxwell would have gained total 10 gold worth of flax seeds + flax plants worth some more, but as he appears to be disappered, this was put into village granary instead.

++Food

Miners
    Orcs miners started to build a stockade abound the camp to protect it. With hard work and little help from village itself, they managed to finish it. After that they started to dig deeper and finally the Village of Gor` has its own mining camp.

EVENTS

Shamans troubled
    Whatever shamans saw when they were scouting through animal eyes, makes them scared. Very scared. So scared their scared-ness is visible to commoners. This silence makes commoners fear. Some think about joining military, while others think if they should perhaps leave like Chill Bill and Gurtak.

Whatever shamans saw, scares them. If something scares shamans, who are not afraid of gods nor demons, its probably rather scary.

Wolves (re)Appear

Woodcutters and hunters report that elks have once again moved though the woods and wolves are reappearing into woods in large packs (20) that usually brake into smaller groups (5-7). While boars have gone back into the deep underground. Wolf meat is not as good as other animals, but their fur is worth a bit.

Village trades with the Far North Trade Caravan

Many villagers trade with Far North Trade Caravan. Overseer Stoll is troubled, he has only 20 gold to buy 4 chickens. So he begins to negotigate with the Caravan master and with the Guild of CaB. He eventually manages to save and gather enough money to buy 3 chickens. (OOC: For NESing purposes chickens don't need roosters to lay eggs, lets just say there always is a rooster or two among chicken herd.)

Village gains 3 chickens

Gor' elders one step closer to Glory

Stolls fine decisions, great barter skill and very strict orders were just what villagers wanted – and needed. Finally both overseer and warchief are proving their skill and making their word pay (or smashing those who do not listen). But will Gor' survive the upcoming horrors?
    +Stoll Respect, 25% leadership skill
    +Ugag Respect, 25% leadership skill

Odd Lucky Village of Gor'

For this season there were almost no fatally wounded orcs. There were almost no complete failures. There were almost no failed attempts to do something. Villagers feel themselves more secure under their elders orders. Everything seems to go well. And none of the Very Important Orcs suffered a odd curse, also known as arrow-into-the-south-end-of-north-going-horse-syndrom.

Village of Gor gains extra 30 gold as taxes.
    Village of Gor gains total 160 gold.

Unusual luck indeed

The lake of thousand eyes

Orcish miners, who had just finished surrounding their camp at "Mountain of Horrors" with stockade, started making a way deeper into the moutain. They discovered a mysterious cavern and found a spacious opening inside. The cavern was hiding a lake and moss covering the ceiling which generated weak light- nothing else. But lake was filled with creatures, size of a fist, that look like swimming eyes that someone had once ripped from their owners' skulls.

No one had any idea what to expect. Should they flee in fear or could they carry on without a worry? Was there any danger lurking around the corner? Did the eyes have a mind of their own or were they controlled by someone? No one had answers to these questions. They couldn't even examine the moss more closely as it was way too high to reach with what they had to use. To the miners the moss had to stay a mystery at least until they figured out a way to get to it. Even though they were eager to explore the cavern a bit more the miners were distracted by several floating eyes. The eyes came to surface for some reason and it didn't seem to be such a good idea to stay for too long or until it's too late to leave so the miners chose to leave instantly, to flee from what ever was coming while they were still alive to do so.

Miners complete building mine. Lake of thousand eyes found underneath the Mountain of Horrors, miners can close it down forever but they are not sure whatever they should do so. Miners find possible traces of Iron cluster or two and several large Zybrid clusters. Zybrid is a cheap metal that is used for decorations and general purpose tools, it's rather weak but bit stronger than bronze. Not very good weapons come out of it, but good enough to create a hammer or two that lasts for a year or two.

The recreant ragmen goblins and Bills Discoveries

Chill Bill followed the Far-North Trade Caravan in his quest to find and eliminate all those who spy on Gor' and, as he had said once before - are threat to entire Baimora. His journey to goblin lands was not a difficult one, but the hard part was finding those goblins who were, supposedly, selling the secrets of Gor'.

It took several days and several coins (taken from the wage of "Caravan Guard" he got) to listen to rumors and walk from one village to another. Chill had never seen goblin villages. Unlike orcs and humans, goblins build tight villages - half of the houses deep in the ground while others stand on "chicken feet" and tower over the "enterances" of the lower houses. While this building style is "odd", it is fairly secure and allows large marketplaces-workshops to be built underneath of the villages. Chill visited several of these kind of marketplaces and he was often under constant "love" by goblin merchants who attempted to sell many things - from love potions to well crafted weapons to even slaves. It was not hard to barter for info, but it was hard to do so quietly. But Chill had natural talent and he managed to find location of those who sell Gor' Secrets without arousing much suspicion.

Little out of contents, but Many of the orcs admired "scar of Raj-Tol" that Bill had gotten from visits to Raj-Tol priests. Yet some of the shamans, especially the "see-ers" shamans avoided Bill, just like he'd be devil himself. They locked themselves up and did not exit before "The one who bares the signs of the devil and is host of ultimate evil, is gone from this village". Chill Bill could not figure out why were the see-er goblins afraid of Raj-Tol Sign or why did they insult him, but he had enough self control to not to bash in their doors and smash in their faces.

Eventually, after several days of trip, Chill Bill finally reached outskirts of rather poor camp that was said to haggle with "Secret of Monolith stones". While sneaking around the village outskirts, He witnessed several warriors accompanied by several carriers, who wore sign of Greenleaf clan on their left arm, leave the village. He made sure that this village is temp. encampent for small rather disliked goblin group. They were disliked for stealing, spying and swindling secrets and property of others. They camp was not big, maybe 60 souls all together with maybe 20-30 scouts out attempting to learn secrets or steal items that belong to others. It would be difficult to wipe them out alone, Chill knew that, but he also knew that many surrounding villages hate these goblins. Maybe some of the villages could be convinced to launch a massive strike against this village of swindlers ? Chill Bill knew, he had plenty of time to attempt to organize an attack against the village, he knew he had to be silent. He knew he had to use his money to convince only few elders of several villages to support the idea... He thought it may be possible. Chill Bills one-eyed companion suggested going in under cover of searching monolith stone knowledge, finding out who knows this secret and then sneaking into the village and killing everyone who knew something about monolith stones.

Clan changes
    Village changes
    Food supplies to 90% of what is required to survive the winter.
    Wood supplies to low-medium.

----

Moderator rants:
    Stats will be done (hopefully) Wednesday.
    Sorry for typos/grammar mistakes.

16. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

YES!!!!

Leatherblade distribution

1 Wolf Coat to Magog per our deal
    1 Wolf Coat to Gaarth as Leatherblade leader

1 Wolf Coat available to a master builder or immortal who wishes to join Leatherblade faction.
    1 Wolf Coat for sale.

17. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Fantastic, sad i've not got involved in any of the different factions yet..

18. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

What about my stuff with tracking the gobbies... i thought that would be in part II of the update?

19. Northen Wolf

I somehow always manage to lose miners + stuff underneath them. Will be editing as I write this.

20. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

cool lake.