NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

cool lake.

Done. Rather pathetic grammar tho, sry, I have jinxed miners and always manage to (somehow) delete their part of the update.

Chill Bills Visit + miners added to the update.

Chill Bills one-eyed companion suggested going in under cover of searching monolith stone knowledge, finding out who knows this secret and then sneaking into the village and killing everyone who knew something about monolith stones.

i like the way this guy think. I'm going to baptize him and give him a name: "Garrote, the one-eyed"

EDIT: ignore my PM- it was asking about this.

EDIT II:
@Andis

Pst...Gurtak Strongfist:
I think we have the information we need. Wanna kill 'em? We're orcs. We've been insulted. Its time to be orcish.

i like the way this guy think. I'm going to baptize him and give him a name: "Garrote, the one-eyed"

EDIT: ignore my PM- it was asking about this.
Already replied to PM.

Garrote the One-Eyed, Reference to something? Few lines about naming Garrote Garrote or something like that'd be great :D

Aiken Orders:

1.With others construct and run Pig Unit. We want lots an lots of piglettes! Working with other Gor Ranchers. Where-ever I can help, I will be there. Offer to help pretty wimminz where possible also. Increase reputation with Ranchers.

2.Go out and help collect in wood, even if it is just dragging it back to camp once others have used those sharp and dangerous axes...

Did I gain nothing with the Ranchers?

I do but believe you "accidentally" released a few of the boars, making you disrespected among the ranchers.

Already replied to PM.

Garrote the One-Eyed, Reference to something? Few lines about naming Garrote Garrote or something like that'd be great :D

Its cause he wants to use a garrote to murder the goblins. A garrote is a length of wire or leather that u can use to wrap around someone's neck when you sneak up on them and strangle them quickly and quietly. A very stereotypical assassin's weapon.

Garrote likes garrotes :)
so does chill.

That was Gartog.. I didn't lose anything.. i'm Aiken

@Abaddon
Aiken also worked at feeding boars. He did not do "as well" as Gartog did, but he earned a fair pay of 6 gold - mostly that high thanks to the fact, that he saved several young boars from being eaten by older boars - one of the females gave birth and Aiken noticed that, saving baby piggies before others could hurt them. Wild boars often hurt their children when inprisoned into tight space. This utmost care that Aiken proved - for village and it's property and for small baby animals (read: not yet ready food) attracted one young female ranchers attention. Aiken gains follower. Aiken gains 6 gold, He also has chance to claim himself a personal young boar (one of female boars gave birth).

Is it so hard to use CTRL + F?

@Immac
I was hoping for bit more historical reference. I know what Garrote is from Hitman series. Altho that is an interesting killing method for orcs, who prefer just smashing faces.

To Chill:
It's time to behead some goblins... how satisfying.

ooc: Northen Wolf: I assume my follower is with me guarding the caravan?

I am very aware of that paragraph. However I noted in my orders to try and gain respect at a Faction Level, and so was looking more at the second part of the update..

To Chill:

Yes you both have your followers. You'll always have your followers, unless you specify going alone ... or I specify that for you.

EDIT: @Abaddon TOo many orders for single orc, you have one orc one order - you chose to tend boars, be happy you did not get few boar sabres into your characters back. Many have gotten their "sitting area" harmed. If you continue helping ranchers and do not roll 1 you prolly gain reputation/respect among them

To Chill:

Umm, I know that you are there and I am here so I can't do anything to stop you or anything or tell you any of this or eavesdrop on your righteous plot to destroy the evil gobboes and bring honor to the village, but how many goblins are you planning on killing? :eek:

Oh ok. :)

Umm, I know that you are there and I am here so I can't do anything to stop you or anything or tell you any of this or eavesdrop on your righteous plot to destroy the evil gobboes and bring honor to the village, but how many goblins are you planning on killing? :eek:

They camp was not big, maybe 60 souls all together with maybe 20-30 scouts out attempting to learn secrets or steal items that belong to others
that makes it about 80-90.

Well, The "Seeing Eye" (you know what I'm talking about) shamans use Telepathic methods to talk with animals and see through their eyes. In theory they could contact with Gurtak or Chill and talk with them, learning all magical effects or curses they would have on them in the progress. However this method would stop you from using all other scouting functions of shamans.

PMs to Seon and hbar are on their way.

@andis

Immac has more accurate values. Goblins are roughly 2/3rds of the size of a normal orc. They are 1/2 weaker than orc, but usually well armed.

OOC: We have no intention of killing them all. Just their leadership. I have sent some diplo to those who might sponsor this attempt. We will not attempt to strike at them without sponsorship of the appropriate sort; i have no intention of Chill Bill killing himself... but a well-planned, well-executed surgical strike upon a portion of the enemy, especially if they can be appropriately isolated... well... that's a different matter entirely.

And whats the point of being careful in a NES...? This is a time for heroes and without heroic attempts to right injustice, there will be no heroes.

Heroes must rise!

I want to be involved in the attack, I need some fame.. sick of dragging rocks and sticks to little benefit!

Ugh yeah, Abby, you will get your turn. I promise.

Abaddon:
May i suggest trying to get the various enemies around our tribe to fight each other? We have lots of local enemies (or potential enemies) that have no association, love or hate for each other. Stoke that hate between them. Force a confrontation between the mermaids and the gnoll necromancer. Between the undead village and the necromancer...

... then when both are weakened, strike!

Also, i think the army of archers alluded to in the update and which no doubt the shamans spoke about will provide some opportunity for fame.

though i wish we had a few more to attempt our attack... CAN you get here?

I want to be involved in the attack, I need some fame.. sick of dragging rocks and sticks to little benefit!

Unless Seon decides to contact Chill Bill, your character has no knowledge of Chill Bill and Gurtaks actions. Even if Chill Bill Sends a message via goblin runners (wolf runners to be correct), your character will take ages to reach Chill Bill - at least a season. However you may have several fighting opportunities if you decided to attack:

Undead under Gnolls Leadership,
Meremen,
Possible ambush of random or nearby creatures (some of you know what lurks where ),
Wolves,
Floating eyes perhaps?

You should try to learn some fighting - your character has only been working for half an year (two updates IIRC). As each update covers 3 months it takes atleast 2 actions in 1 update or 2 actions in separate updates to learn basic fighting. This NES is not "fast", it's slow, so your characters grow slow.

Nothing you can do about it, perhaps only using money to buy private training lessons or something.

Top Bottom