1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Northen Wolf, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Does it take an action to start a faction (Slaver's Guild)?

2. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

It took a lot more than an action for the leatherblades.

3. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

I like the way you are thinking :)
    It takes a story, at least one action and at least 2 turns, unless you roll all three rolls a 5 or 6. RPAdvantage used several turns and a story to build his own faction. As some of you have understood, stories are great way to make profit in this NES. Sometimes they negate all negative rolls tho. But back onto the topic - If you want to enslave goblins, there's nothing wrong in that in Orcish book (well ... code, as there are not many "books") of laws and you could hire few goblin watchmen to help you with transporting slaves. Goblins don't like buying goblin slaves tho, so selling them to Orcish lands, 'specially in Greenleaf or Flamingrock clans or Tauren Lands, altho Taurens can just kill you and take the slaves, would make some nice profit (20-50 g per slave).

Edit: I'll only allow to start factions in Gor' tho.

4. Northen Wolf

Stats Updated
    Please point out any mistakes.

Problems to deal with
    Meremen
    Floating Eyes
    Some of you claim to know about Tauren armed party
    Undead village
    Gnoll Necromancer camp
    Wolves
    No rumors from Great Bor (or demon who claimed to be him)

EDIT: Everyone who have faction relations higher than +4 can join that faction

5. Anonymoose

Anonymoose KING OF MEESE

Wotepchu Broadhand was in the shade of one of the larger trees near Gor'. A craftsman had come to him with a couple of broken fingers. His pain was not an issue, but the immobility of the fingers was aggravating his craft.
    Spoiler :

Wotepchu set the bones as well as he could and gave the craftsman a bundle of herbs to brew into tea when he got back to his domicile.
    "You make tea and not work for ten moons," Wotepchu ordered.
    The craftsman did not like the prospect of such a long furlough, saying,
    "I no want to not work!"
    "You will make that tea and not work, or I will break more fingers. You know I only want to help."
    The craftsman, knowing this to be true, payed Wotepchu and grumbled back to his hut.
    Wotepchu sat in the shadow of the tree, which had almost become his expected location when anyone became injured or ill. He had been sitting here so often that he had worn a bald spot in between two of the tree's large roots.
    He was waiting on more patients to come by, but today was relatively slow, and he began to doze. His patients were nice enough to wake him if they needed care. He had a frightening dream, all dark and foggy, with a great bridge surrounded by menacing trees.
    Spoiler :

He crossed the bridge into the deeper dark and found a withered doppelganger of himself. The shriveled Wotepchu said to the plump one, "What you want?!"
    Wotepchu was proud that he would look so menacing when he grew older, and was even more proud of the grace and tact with which he could handle a conversation.
    "Nothing, I think I just dreaming."
    "Yes. NOW CHOOSE!"
    The doppelganger threw sand into Wotepchu's eyes, and when he finally cleared them, withered Wotepchu was gone.
    "Choose what?"
    Another voice: "Wake up, Broadhand."
    Wotepchu awoke with a start and noticed one of the shamans leaning over him.
    "Choose." is all he said.
    Spoiler :

6. hbar

hbar Constant

Ugag wonder, does river freeze in winter?

Ugag think meremen least of our threats, as they stuck in water. We deal with them later. If Bull-mans threat passes, we should send some militia to mining camp to investigate floating eyes and guard miners. The undeadies friendly for now, Ugag think we accept their proposal for food in exchange for caravan liason. But, we not eat food - either trade it or feed it to animals, at least until Sha-mans have good look at food in case of curse or poison.

Gnoll necromancer will be dead by end of spring. Ugag train militia for this purpose.

Village patrols keep wolfies at bay, also protect woodchoppas. How do hunters feel about hunting wolfies for skins?

We watch for Bor-sign while we patrol, but 'Gor have many troubles - fretting over invisible god last on Ugag's list.

7. hbar

hbar Constant

Ugag's Orders

1) Organize militia - Ugag tired of militia, Ugag want army! Split militia into three squads, and have one sleep, one train, and one patrol (includes guarding of woodchoppas) at all times. In each squad, find orc with best leadership and at least some common sense and promote to seargent - have them in charge of squad's duties. Also, select sneakiest two warriors in each squad and have them train as scouts/lookouts.

2) Train militia - train squads in combat, both in hand-to-hand and formation fighting. Use wardrums to coordinate movements.

F) Followers train as Ugag's elite guards.

8. Northen Wolf

It gets some ice chunks, but it usually never freezes completely - as In Ice never gets thick enough to support human (or orc) weight.

Just like they felt on previous winter season, wolf furs are good enough to trade /and/or make coats out of 'em. Wolves are hard to hunt, as they are agile and can dodge arrows, but it has been done before.

9. Northen Wolf

ORDERS DUE DATE MOVED onto TUESDAY, as several of you are busy with NEW NES'es and Village has not realy decided anything. (Last orders due date was today.

OOC: How could I make you guys to want to more discuss about the village and its future?

10. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

I don't know about the others, but I am a rather selfish player. I know what I want my character to achieve.. as long as the village is ticking over, I am personally not interested in that level of micro-managment...sorry! Those "issues" raised seem to be of things beyond the village.. its winter, I am not interested in the beyond during this period. I want to look after my pigs, wumminz and my chickens...

11. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Not much Chill can say. He's not there.

12. Anonymoose

Anonymoose KING OF MEESE

Well I do want to discuss those things, and I'm undergoing the necessary in-character changes to make Wotepchu interested, but right now he's just trying to help people and keep surviving. Until Wotepchu becomes more sociable he won't be too involved in conversation, because that's just not the way he is. Soon, though, he will come out of his shell.

13. hbar

hbar Constant

Ugag try, but no one listen to Ugag :(

14. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Meh. No discussion means that my orders go through as I want it, but...

15. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

All Aik knows is that most of these problems are beyond the village and nothing to do with him.

He wants hunters out to combat the wolves so his piggies and chickens don't get eaten. NOONE eats the chickens until he has bred their numbers up!

16. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

ACTIONS:

~Continue to care for and breed the pigs and chickens.

~Make my follower my wiyf and get making babies.. best way of keeping warm in winter!

~Follower is to try and attract more followers within the Gor' Ranchers faction

17. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

EVERYONE.

I will bash you on the head if you so much as look at our chickens, we need them to raise lots of little chickkies before we start eating them. Also, since I saved so many piglettes last season, I think I should be able to claim one.. anyone going to argue with this, say hello to my rock and wood carrying, pig wrestling fists!

18. Anonymoose

Anonymoose KING OF MEESE

Wotepchu, overhearing the raucous unnecessary declaration, replied,
    "We do need to breed many more chicken before we start eating them, and I think you deserve a piglet for your work. I do not, however, think you should be threatening other greenskins. What is more important, one piglet or your life? Because surely if everyone wanted your pig, they could take it, and you would attack the pig-thieves and be killed. We should be peaceful and you should raise your animals and make your babies. If anyone tries to take his pigs, and are injured, I will NOT help them mend their broken bones."

19. Northen Wolf

Aiken had a right to claim a boar from the update.

20. Anonymoose

Anonymoose KING OF MEESE

OOC: And Wotepchu is supporting him in-character. I'm just trying to be more involved here.