NZ Political Scandal

Why would this be a scandal?

It's what passes for a scandal here it will blow over in a few days.

Generally the media nitpicks over silly things which essentially changes the polling.

Left or right happens every election cycle. Any government gets kid gloves treatment first term, nitpicky term two and if you make it to a third term it's death by a thousand cuts.

We've had a 4th term government once, 32 years since we've had a two term government and almost 50 years for a single term government iirc.

If Dark Jacinda wins next year she is almost guranteed to lose next election regardless of her performance.

wow being a New Zealand political reporter must be about as boring as a weatherman in Malibu
nothing happens

Relative to overseas yeah.

Hell they made a deal about $90 boxer shorts back in the 90's. MP had expensive tastes I suppose.

There's been distinct patterns I've noticed since 1996 and correctly called every single election even the close ones.

For US elections I got 2000 wrong.

NZ has 5 million people, even if they wanted to, statistically not much can happen.
And I only want to see news of that "Ok boomer" politician, because she is awesome :)

Heh well I expect her to lead the Green party in the near future.

Technically they have co leaders but there's always the real leader.

Last edited:
Finlands PM Sanna Marin also had to apologize, in that instance for a wild party in the official residence.

If that is the kind of political 'scandal' that draws headlines where you live, instead of school shootings, poverty crisis, high crime rates, homelessness and that sort, consider yourself blessed with where you live.

So is Seymour really an arrogant prick?

Yeah his nickname is Rimmer. Red Dwarf reference.

He's very effective at his job though getting his party from 0.2-0.5% up to close to 10%. His party essentially is a one man show now. Policy wise Reaganomics turned up to 10 with right wing American dogwhistles (pro gun libertarian types) circa GoP from 15-20 years ago.

I would call him a prick myself but I struggle to spell it. Has a C in it and ends with nt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom