1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] O Canada

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Giskler, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

And alliances as well, though doesn't Gilgamesh already get an alliance bonus? It's why I didn't really mention it. Though I think it would be more fitting for Canada.

2. Amtoj

Amtoj Chieftain

Canada's diplomacy would probably have to go beyond the scope of alliances. The big question Canada has always faced is strengthening ties with the United States or Commonwealth. I think that's a bit limited. A peacekeeping ability that would allow Canada to intervene in wars would be a bit better. Maybe Canada can gain open borders with any civilizations that end up in a war for a limited amount of time. Troops can be moved in to protect certain landmarks on both sides. You can't use these troops to attack, but they can be put on the defensive when within foreign borders. I'm not sure how feasible that is with the way the game is coded.

3. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

The trains idea is okay with me although I like some of the other aspects a little more.

Give them a fur trapper that replaces a skirmisher--there's your non-warlike UU.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  4. KiraDuskEdge

KiraDuskEdge Chieftain

Made an account just for this discussion. Canada also has made a lot of medical scientific achievements. We have made huge strides in medicine and I would love for that to be captured somehow over some of the other ideas presented. For those who don't know Canada created insulin, mapped the visual cortex,site based mutagenisis, and more recently found ways to bypass the blood brain barrier. I know they probably won't take this route but it would be interesting route to take for Canada.

tedhebert and TahamiTsunami like this.
  5. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

They could also give Canada like a unique builder/settler/trader if they wanted a non-military UU. If not, then a "coureur de bois" as a unique skirmisher could work, although you do have to make it different enough from the Cree scout.

I could see them give Canada extra loyalty for cities connected by Railroads if they want a minor RR bonus.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  6. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Not just that, but Canadian physician Norman Bethune is the best known Canadian in China who is neither a politician nor an entertainer.

Bethune's hometown of Gravenhurst, ON (north of Toronto) is often busy with Chinese tourists.

7. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

If Canada gets a "coureur de bois" it ought not to be a skirmisher... it should likely be a ranger. Having a medievel unit as UU does not make sense.

8. Myomoto

Myomoto King

I hope they get a train related bonus, simply because I want to see railway mechanics in this week's stream (and they teased trains in the background of last week's stream). Choo choo!

9. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Not large numbers, no, but those Americans who did were originally called "Loyalists", and moved to Canada during and after the War of Independence. More English Canadian immigrants came from the U.S. than came from England itself.

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

If they are going to do railroads, shouldn't they do a Civ that has no bonuses to them whatsoever such as Hungary and canals. ;)

11. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Moderator Action: As Canada has been officially confirmed we are closing this thread, but you can continue your Canada discussions HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.