Oasis and desert... Is it a good site

Eretas

Chieftain
The printscreen show a 4 oasis surrounded with lot of desert... What should I do with this site.
20170727121512_1.jpg

Situation: Norway, First game in Civ VI since Civ IV.
Religious winning option. Probably.

I'd settle on the tile between the two oases, the silver and the lake, the city'll grow quickly off the oases and then work the silver mines for gold and production. Later I'd add a Industrial zone on the desert between the two Silvers and a campus in the mountains to the south. It'll be productive pretty soon.
Desert isn't as much of a doomed start in civ 6 as it is in civ 4 since you don't need a lot of pop to be effective

Yeah its worth a settler (agreed with above on location), but should be pretty low on your list of priorities. Looks like silver is already within range of your capital so you're really only getting trade value. Its a pretty poor location in general, just probably worth it once all the better locations have been taken.

I was under the impression that desert were nice for religion, but i can't find how...

There is a pantheon belief (Desert Folklore) that provides a Holy Site with +1 faith for each desert tile adjacent to that Holy Site.

Top Bottom