Difficulty: Immortal
Map: Big and Small
Size: Standard
Speed: Normal
Victory: All Enabled

Variant rules:

Funnily enough there are six

• Can only found 6 cities and capture 6 cities
  • Can only change civics 6 times (changing multiple civics in one instance counts as 1 change)
  • Can only use 6 Great People (must give the rest away to our worst enemy we're not at war with)
  • Can only build 6 Wonders (World or National)
  • Can only have 6 workers in total at any one time(can replace them if lost)
  • We must give in to every 6th AI demand (ie unsolicited offer) and reject the other 5

SG rules:

• 24 hours got it, 48 hours to report!
  • SGs are meant to be fun, so have fun. We've all had a few :smoke: moves (me more than most), so don't stress about it, make them entertaining.
  • Discussion (on and off topic) is highly encouraged.
  • Make sure your report contains all the information needed so that discussion can actually take place (piccies are nice too).

Roster of five/six

Ozbenno
Ralph Jackson
Kodii
Mighty Dwaarf
Conroe
ungy

We need to firm up some of the rules and options before starting.

I haven't heard back from Conroe but he gave a slight indication he might be interested. In any case, I think 6 would be a good number (as Ralph is away for 2 weeks in mid-July) so we're looking out for another couple victims to join the fun.

As for the rules, Mighty wanted to drop the 6 buildings/city rule. I'm happy to leave it or drop it depending on what others think. We need to come up with a 6th rule (and a 5th if we drop the building rule). What else is there? Only 6 wars? 6 tech trades?

What about leader/map? Has to be a water map for Ralph the Master Shipbuilder, maybe Big and Small for map. I think a financial leader would be best. If we're after an early rush (which we probably should), how about Darius (fin/org and Immortals) or Huayna (fin/ind and Quechas)? Willem (fin/cre) or Mansu (fin/spi) could also be good.

So check in and give some rules feedback and hopefully we can start in a few days.

Checking in!

Since we're moving on to Immortal, I agree we should drop my dreaded building restriction.

Map: Big and Small please!
Civ: Any of the suggested work for me... maybe HC since we rushed him in the last one?
Additional Rules: I'll ponder...

[*]Can only found 6 cities and capture 6 cities
[*]Can only change civics 6 times (changing multiple civics in one instance counts as 1 change)
[*]Can only use 6 Great People (must give the rest away to our worst enemy we're not at war with)
[*]Can only build 6 Wonders (World or National)
[*]Each of our cities is only allowed to have 6 buildings (are we keeping this???)
[*]???

Tha game must be won on a turn that ends with a 6.

Not a signup - immortal is to much for me.

Darn that max building rule :p :p

Although losing the early rush units of Persia and Incans I do like the Dutch UB and I'm sure Ralph would appreciate the extra production in coastal cities to build the boats (or ships).
I dont think six wars would be good combo with the six city rule takes out conquest as plausible victory along with dom and culture. What about we must give in to every 6th demand from AI.

Intriguing! With our luck we'll have 5 wishy demands and then Gandhi asks us to help him in his war against the mighty Zulu :lol:

What about only 6 workers and 6 of any military unit?

Six workers sounds tough but possible. I thought about six of any one unit but I think it could prove to be as tough as the building rule although with Bts you do get lots of different types of modern unit.

What about only 6 workers and 6 of any military unit?
we could make it 6 built workers if we want to lightern up a bit.
6 of any military unit is a real toughie methinks.
early on we just can't build that many different units and later on 6 of anything is not too much.
We could limit to 6 different unit types--although that wouldn't be too constraining.
the 6 buildings one also seems a bit tough.
giving in to every sixth demand might be entertaining and most likely wouldn't be too tough.

I haven't heard back from Conroe but he gave a slight indication he might be interested.
Reporting for duty! :salute:

Sorry 'bout the delay in responding. We've got a bit of a holiday over on this side of the pond.

What about leader/map? Has to be a water map for Ralph the Master Shipbuilder, maybe Big and Small for map.
That's a good choice, as is Medium/Small if you want a water map. The snaky continents option on Archipelago can sometimes generate some interesting maps.

I agree with Mighty on the building rule. The 6 of each unit type is an interesting idea ... but it would be extremely tough on Immortal. Maybe only 6 boats (or 6 of each boat type) if we're definitely playing a water map? Another idea might be no more than 6 pop in a city.

And I think Ungy is right. Caving to every 6th demand is a must just for the entertainment value alone. :lol: I assume we'd be declining the first 5?

Saw in another thread Ralph is away for the weekend, so won't start anything before he has a chance to comment but it seems that 6 workers and accepting every 6th demand are the way to go.

Big and Small will likely be the map type, what about leader? One vote for Willem, must say I'm partial to Darius myself...

EDIT: What about 6 spies or spying missions?

:eek: sounds like fun... too bad I missed a spot in the roster :(

Maybe I can join if someone leaves?

This will most likely be pretty hard (and even more interesting). What victory are you aiming at? Space / Conquest? What about having 6 rivals and "Must have 6 vassals to win the game"??

I think scrapping the 6 buildings and adding 6 workers and every 6th demand is the way to go.

As for leaders, I'm all for Willem... after all, he is my favourite, but I won't be picky.

Both leaders are solid choices. Willem is also one of my favorites, but I think Darius' Immortals might be the way to go on this difficulty level. Especially if we have a close neighbor that we can steamroll. But, either one is fine by me ...

Top Bottom