Oba Ewuare of Empire of Benin

Three LH left to go: Benin (this one), Colombia and Nicaragua. After then I stop create new LHs for Civ3 and start create the LH for Civ4 (with information that what I have untill now).
Enjoy :)

Civilization: Benin
Bonuses: Scientific and Commercial
Title and leader: Oba Ewuare
Best/shunned government: Monarchy and Despotism
Agression: 04 (high)
Cultural group: Mid Easter
Noun: Benin
Adjective: Benin
Colors: Orange (English) and Dark Red (Catharge)
UU: Yoruba Cavalry
Civilopedia entry: RACE_BENIN

MODERN ERA

Cities:
Benin City
Ife
Oyo
Lagos
Idaban
Abeokuta
Akure
Ilorin
Ijebu Odi
Ogbomoso
Ondo
Ota
Shagamu
Iseyin
Osogbo
Ilesha
Ilé-ifè
Porto Novo
Cotonou
Ouidah
Lokossa
Cové
Bohicon
Abomey
Parakou
Djougou
Natitingou
Kandi
Malanville

Military leaders:
Ozulua
Esigie
Osigos

Scientific ones:
Ewaka I
Oranmiyan
Obafemi Awolowo
Erediauwa II

Civilopedia:

Yoruba Cavalry, the UU:
This unit was done by DPII
It replaces knight, has one extra offensive and one extra deffensive points and cost 10 shields mores.

Nice face, but I don't like that orange hat. Yuck! :lol:

I posted the new images on post number 01, but I've done this before read the last 2 comments :blush:
the wig/hat is now dark red and I'll try put some wigs that I have herer, but I don't know if it would be good or looks like Benin wigs/hats with them "twigs" :lol:

Is that a great big earring he's wearing in the ancient age? That is so cool!

I think the modern look is actually pretty close to reality - have another look at some of the recent Obas -

Personally, I think that it would make sense to move the "red wig" look back to industrial (and perhaps make him look even more magnificent - more jewellery etc!) and then make him look a bit more "normal" in the modern age. After all, the only reason the Oba dresses like that today is that he's preserving the old traditions and is a purely ceremonial figure - presumably if Benin had survived as a power its ruler would dress in a normal way now.

I think that would be preferable to the current industrial look, at least - I really like the headscarf but I don't think an Oba or indeed anyone from Benin would have worn one. It's forest there, not desert.

I think that the neck rings should be included. As far as I know, they're somewhat important.

Top Bottom