Obama assasination, GOP celebrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if at least some of this was done automatically once a few panicked traders sent the signal, so to speak. But yeah, it's pretty disturbing that a fake report, completely unverified and BS, can send the markets tumbling like that.

You don't remember the Steve Jobs "heart attack?" :lol:

They might. Him and Hillary are the leading contenders.
I thought Hillary was too physically and mentally fatigued to run for office. Would be great to see her run, though, especially against Huntsman.

But yeah, I agree that the title is quite misleading and attacks Republicans for something they didn't do. They provide plenty of fodder for critics themselves, no need to invent any.

... Your hate of all things GOP is ruining a good story... PAL!

Also, it appears this wasn't the only attack by these Syrian hackers. They also hacked Fifa's president and slandered Sepp Blatter and Fifa that a Qatari prince bribed Fifa in order to host the world cup

It would be simple to fix such electronic trading swings by requiring mandatory holding or transaction times on publicly traded stocks.
Right. I still haven't heard one convincing argument why electronic microsecond trading is necessary.

Exactly. And people think it's a good idea to let this market run free.

Considering how short time it took to get back to where it was shows that the market does work since it was possible to cancel those trades as if they never happened.

Cancel the trades? What if I got a good deal on the blip and then sold post-blip? It's not my fault that traders relying on computer programs made an offer to sell that I accepted.

Considering how short time it took to get back to where it was shows that the market does work since it was possible to cancel those trades as if they never happened.
Is that what actually happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom