Obama is a joke

RedRalph

Deity
Seriously, in what respect is thus guy so much better than Bush? Is there anyone out there who supported him for election and is now still satisfied? Most of the praise for his actions on OT have come form MobBoss.

Can anyone who was foaming at the flute for him before the election come out and admit he's been a total disappointment so far?

the change he promised never was a substantial one anyway?

i cant speak for those who was foaming at the flute for him before the election but i guess they didnt expect much more than has happened.

I voted for Obama and I think he's doing fine so far. Progress takes time which, incidentally, he has not had a lot of so far.

In terms of him being “better” than Bush, would you be so kind as to tell us which wars Obama is responsible for starting?

Seriously, in what respect is thus guy so much better than Bush? Is there anyone out there who supported him for election and is now still satisfied? Most of the praise for his actions on OT have come form MobBoss.

Can anyone who was foaming at the flute for him before the election come out and admit he's been a total disappointment so far?
I'm neither disappointed nor happy with him so far. Which is what I was expecting to think before he was elected.

He has disappointed me in a few ways so far, such as not prosecuting the criminals who engaged in torture or arguing that we should still be able to hold people for indeterminate lengths of time under the pretense of 'war'.

But I think the claim he is just as bad as GWB is patently ludicrous.

Link to video.

Let's seem him illegally invade and occupy a sovereign country on the pretense of lies, or get caught deliberately torturing completely innocent people to death. Then we'll talk about how he is just as bad as his predecessor.

You'd be complaining about any US President anyway...

Explain the bolded part please.

I am sure Obama will be a huge disappointment after the first term, since he created such high hopes than even a capable and realistic man in his office wouldn't be able to live up to all the hype.

I am sure Obama will be a huge disappointment after the first term, since he created such high hopes than even a capable and realistic man in his office would be able to live up to all the hype.

Flute is Irish slang for mouth

I am sure Obama will be a huge disappointment after the first term, since he created such high hopes than even a capable and realistic man in his office would be able to live up to all the hype.

I never expected him to accomplish much of what he promised simply because of the financial mess that was dumped into his lap. Everything that he wants to do requires money, which is something the Government does not have much leeway with at the moment.

My expectations for him is simply damage-control at this point, and placing us back on the correct path for the future. I also expect him to be able to restore good faith from other nations towards the US and improve our image abroad. He appears to be doing a good job of these, thus far.

You say that as if its a bad thing.....:p

I'm neither disappointed nor happy with him so far. Which is what I was expecting to think before he was elected.
:stupid:

Obama was probably about my 5th choice or so among those that ran or were rumored to be considering a run. He was obviously a better choice than McCain (especially with Palin a very old heartneat away from the Presidency) and will end up as a better President than Bush. Not the Messiah figure many righties have claimed he is, but an average-to-above-average President.

He is doing well in foreign politics, certainly about a billion times better than Bush jr. I don't know much about internal politics in the USA, however I doubt he could do any worse than the former president. Why are you suggesting that anyone who voted him should be disappointed if it's clear you didn't vote for him ? :D

onedreamer said:
He is doing well in foreign politics, certainly about a billion times better than Bush jr.

Not really. He can say as-salaam alaikum but that's about the biggest departure. Although I must admit I was impressed by his references to the Holy Quar'an how far that gets him is totally incumbent upon the substantial aspects of his foriegn policy...

Not really. He can say as-salaam alaikum but that's about the biggest departure.

You really haven't heard anything about the improvement of the US' image abroad? :dubious:

Just a few hours ago, the EU's foreign policy chief said that many heads of state called him, praising Obama's speech.

I think it was mainly his opponents that were trumping up the the level of change that was going to come.

The main change I expected was for the US to lay off the illegal wars for a bit and maybe tone down torture. If he pulls that off I will be very impressed, considering US history.

Also, GW didn't have a superhero voice like Obama. Theres change for you.

Top Bottom