Obama is a joke

We called him George W. Bush did we not, and did not Obama say using his middle name would "scare" people?
I don't think China wants to go to war with us as that would totaly destory there economy. Technicly we are at war again with North Korea. That's my opinion.

We called he George W. Bush did we not
...to differentiate him from the other George Bush. When there's another President Barack Obama using a middle name or initial might make sense.

We called him George W. Bush did we not, and did not Obama say using his middle name would "scare" people?
I don't think China wants to go to war with us as that would totaly destory there economy. Technicly we are at war again with North Korea. That's my opinion.

In case you missed out on history the last few years, we have had two presidents named George Bush.

In most texts, after the younger Bush was elected, folks referenced the elder Bush with "H.W." while the younger got "W" to differentiate.

Further, you do not understand spheres of influence or why China may not want American playing around in their backyard. Again, Mobby or Patrokolos or any US military poster I am sure would be happy to explain in more detail. Further, we aren't at war with N. Korea.

Plus, I think we've attacked enough countries this decade, m'kay?

...to differentiate him from the other George Bush. When there's another President Barack Obama using a middle name or initial might make sense.
How about FDR, JFK, LBJ, Richerd M. Nixon, Gerald R. Ford, Ronald Wilson Ragan, George,H.W. Bush and Bill J. Clinton just to name a few. I did not say invade them, just destory there missiles. Since they broke the amestance dosen't that mean we are at war? We just have a cese fire.

How about FDR, JFK, LBJ, Richerd M. Nixon, Gerald R. Ford, Ronald Wilson Ragan, George,H.W. Bush and Bill J. Clinton just to name a few.

These are the ones I see with their middle name highlighted in common parlance.

NBAFan,

If China struck a missile base in Mexico, how would the US react? We don't get to play in other backyards, period. It's a game of international diplomacy and we just don't get to do those things. Really, drop the point until one of the miiltary guys here can more clearly explain why not. Names are stated and changed many times depending on the situation and etiquette involved. In Obama's case, there was alot of emphasis put on Hussien because all of us are McCarthyish to some degree.

Most of the time we go with the first and last name. Nonissue

Back to work

How about FDR, JFK, LBJ, Richerd M. Nixon, Gerald R. Ford, Ronald Wilson Ragan, George,H.W. Bush and Bill J. Clinton just to name a few.
And none of them uses the middle name except for the first three, who all go by their initials (partly because they had important relatives also in government service, so you couldn't just use a last name?) and Bush.

I guess I am just nitpicking then. I don't agree in playing in others nations back yards except if they threaten us. If Kim Jong has a nuke I am afrraid he will use it. What do think we can do about China as they are suporting North Korea? I want to embargo them.

I guess I am just nitpicking then. I don't agree in playing in others nations back yards except if they threaten us. If Kim Jong has a nuke I am afrraid he will use it. What do think we can do about China as they are suporting North Korea? I want to embargo them.

You want to embargo the US' biggest trading partner? The same trading partner who is financing all of our bailouts and propping up our economy with their investments?

I would say stop bailing out every one as we can't afford it and stop importting their junk. Not a full scale embargo.

You want to embargo the US' biggest trading partner? The same trading partner who is financing all of our bailouts and propping up our economy with their investments?
Indeed.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/19/china-debt-fed-business-beijing-dispatch.html

U.S. investors may have cheered the Federal Reserve's decision this week to pump more than 1 trillion new dollars into the economy, but at least one faction in China was on the verge of tears.

"I want to cry, really want to cry," wrote one Beijinger on Thursday, posting on one of China's most popular portals, Sina.com. The problem was that by issuing more currency, the Fed was potentially weakening the U.S. dollar, making China's dollar-based investments worth less. "Those elites insist on buying American bonds."

of "those elites" under fire is Premier Wen Jiabao. When he expresses public angst about the safety of China's holdings of U.S. debt, he is speaking partly to domestic critics who believe Chinese leaders have unwisely tied their country's fate to the U.S. economy. Many of the critics may be crackpots and conspiracy theorists, but they have a point.

They know that their government is now America's largest creditor, with more than half of its $2 trillion in foreign exchange reserves invested in Treasury securities and other U.S. government bonds. Some of these critics suspect that the Federal Reserve essentially prints more money not just to stimulate the economy, but also to devalue China's U.S. dollar portfolio, undermining a rival power.

They could wreak havoc on the value of the US dollar if they wished to do so. We had all better hope they don't 'embargo' us...

What is wrong with a manufacturing economy? Look at all the jobs and eveyone would rather buy American instead off China's junk right? Becides that we don't have to worry about being poisoned anymore. Don't they have a long range missle? If not they will get one sooner or later.

I'd like to read why the original poster thinks Obama is a joke.

Lifting the stemcell ban is certainly progress of science, rather than the debassment the predecessor wanted, and, as was posted on the first page, progress takes time. It is naive to think that all the buzzwords of the campaign will actually be accomplished.

Statesmen want popularity to get into power, telling people what needs to be done and explaining what uncharactaristically high standards of living has to be sacrificed to achieve it has been the job of many an academic, I.e cut down on your electricity use, car use, substitute luxury items that have been produced at the expense of a faraway land.

What is wrong with a manufacturing economy? Look at all the jobs and eveyone would rather buy American instead off China's junk right? Becides that we don't have to worry about being poisoned anymore. Don't they have a long range missle? If not they will get one sooner or later.

Basing a manufacturing economny is very unstable, as it depends on demand of the product to ensure income. Additionally, not all forms of manufacturing can be produced by the unwashed masses of the unemployed. It takes dedicated skilled labour for some items, which can take sometimes more than 6 years to be an expert in.

And China is much more reclusive than my paranoid American kinsmen think. They are not some relic from the Cold War bent on communist world order, they simply want to advance their society, like every other nation.

I would say stop bailing out every one as we can't afford it and stop importting their junk. Not a full scale embargo.

If we did not have the financial action undertaken in the last year, we would have had a depression. That is not something that is in any way desireable. Further, if we embargoed China we would be hurt more than them. Hurting ourselves more than we hurt them sure seems a funny way to get back at em.

Manufacturing pays less, thus we'd be poorer. What's wrong in producing horsedrawn carriages. Surely if we kept producing them we'd have the best industry in that business! Too bad the world moves on and won't have any demand for it

The US hasn't had its strength in manufacturing since the 1980s.

How is lifting the stem cell ban progress? By doing that the government is encorging futile research and needless killing over research of adult stem cells which have provide cures. And notice we we were stronger in the 1980s. How would we be poorer? Other nations would import goods form us. And i don't see how we would lose severice jobs. We are still going down money wise, notice how bad the doller is? If China "just wants to advance their society" why won't they give there people more freedom. Sorry for poor spelling.

How is lifting the stem cell ban progress? By doing that the government is encorging futile research and needless killing over research of adult stem cells which have provide cures.

You must be joking. Researching is potential is a thorough must. Calling it futile is ignorance to its very potential, as stem cells can be articulated to grow in any bodily cell. And if you're counting 'killing' a live cell as bad then you must not be taking any vacines in your life, as they involve the death of live cells.

Benefits to medical potential of stem cells:

Help with brain trauma
Muscle repair,
Help with Parkinsons Disease

Even that last link has a real of different medical conditions with teams of biologists and microbiologists from around the world tackling different problems that affect the human body, if lifting a ban that prevents breakthroughs like that, then what is your idea of progress?

I am all for incressing adult stem cell research not incressing Embryotic stem cell research which is killing human embryos. Embryotic stem cell research has produced no cures at all in fact it caused cancer in rats. Now research of adult stem cells has produced cures such as the ones you linked. Don't confuse adult stem cell research to Embryotic stem cell research.

I can admit I am no microbiologist, but counting the destruction of the embryo as an actual death is a bit inaccurate. It is just cells, not a fully developed creature.

On another point to make about Obamas progress over his predecessor is his engagement with other nations, the tight-fisted diplomacy of previous administrations has helped nothing in Americas favour, and only helped create the disentiment thats so rife in many nations. Not just far eastern, but Americas backyard in South and Central America. Engagement with Cuba and Venezuela for example.

Additionally the dropping of the hardline diplomacy is great news for the suffering Palestinians, who would not be facing the prospect of a better inevitable future if the United States was under the previous Administration. (Although to his credit, Bush did try).

Top Bottom