Obama smashes GOP again, and fills positions in recess, in a strong show of power

Our Senate is the worst legislative body in the world.
It may be dysfunctional in the opposite way, but the Canadian Senate is just awful. Ignoring any discussion of how undemocratic it is, the fact that the PM can literally add extra senators if it actually tries to stop something is just awful (imagine Obama appointing an extra dozen Democrats to get his bills through). It is, and always has been, a dumping ground for political cronies to get a nice government paycheck for no work, until 75, and then a nice government pension check

What has Obama actually done? Passed a bill that mostly won't take effect until he's left office.
Even if he has done nothing of actual significance, the health care bill is of major political significance. The fact of politics is that it is about what appears to have been done, not what was done.

Because the world ends in 2012 and he knows it, so yeah he passes a bill that really doesn't kick in until 2014 when we're all dead anyway. That's low.

It may be dysfunctional in the opposite way, but the Canadian Senate is just awful. Ignoring any discussion of how undemocratic it is, the fact that the PM can literally add extra senators if it actually tries to stop something is just awful (imagine Obama appointing an extra dozen Democrats to get his bills through). It is, and always has been, a dumping ground for political cronies to get a nice government paycheck for no work, until 75, and then a nice government pension check

I wish U.S. Senators did "no work!" A single U.S. Senator can stop anything he wants according to the Senate Rules. Which notably aren't of constitutional character, but they still make the Senate not merely useless but demonstrably harmful to the country.

The Canadian Senate is an admirable nomination for the title, though. Legislative bodies that don't really do anything (except get paid, as you note) have a special charm.

Cleo

Is this some sort of purposeful misunderstanding, to confuse Karalysia, a girl, with some other user? Or are you confusing Cutlass with someone, whoever he is?

Anyway, I think Cutlass' point, while somewhat sarcastic, was that he thought someone who really wanted to discredit conservatives would pose as an insane fundamentalist, presenting racist etc... views - to contribute to discrediting them, as it really can't be distinguished these days if someone was "faking" like that or those who are unfortunately serious.

No, if you want to discredit capitalism, you do and say what conservatives in the US say these days.

What most people don't realize is that without Capitalism the Internet wouldn't even be here for us to argue about if it works or not. :goodjob: Ponder that for a moment before you try to make some quick response. And besides, I have taken a course on Economics. But I won't go there.

A small African bird called: NOYB (figure it out and post back) :goodjob:

EDIT: Hey I can post what I want, It is a free country.

A small African bird called: NOYB (figure it out and post back) :goodjob:

EDIT: Hey I can post what I want, It is a free country.
Moderator Action: Well, not really. There are rules here and when the rules fail, we can always turn to "the Law". :)

Yes but I don't remember "None of your Business" being against the rules or "The Law" :lol:

What most people don't realize is that without Capitalism the Internet wouldn't even be here for us to argue about if it works or not. :goodjob: Ponder that for a moment before you try to make some quick response. And besides, I have taken a course on Economics. But I won't go there.
Capitalism played its part as did universities, the military, and a bit of government intervention.

Which is why I constantly work to protect capitalism from the conservatives. :)

Top Bottom