1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's Speech Today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nihilistic, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Norseone

Norseone Emperor

they can voice their anger....but they cant say that whites all are racist like this guy seems to do. America is doing its best to attone for its past sins. This would not be happening if most Whites were still horribly racist. There needs to be an ability to move on from the sins of the past, dont hold the past against those who never actually did anything to you.

2. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

There is nothing about Farrakhan that is righteous. Thats your first mistake in this.

3. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

Check your history, factor in the human lifespan and rejoin us if you wish...

At any rate, the laws that enforced segregation were put in place by elected representatives, so the majority is responsible for what went on.

4. Norseone

Norseone Emperor

Well...lots of the whites responsible for segregation are dead or are dying now. Do the math...say they were 30 in the 60's . They are around 80 now. They are swiftly leaving the scene. Most whites today arent responsible for a thing.

5. eyrei

Show me where he says all whites are racist. And I disagree...America isn't doing its best.

6. MobBoss

What would be doing our best? Paying the black man who never was a slave off with reparations?

And I will have to say that saying something like 'its the US of KKK' pretty much alludes that all white people are racist. Its implied dont you think?

7. Norseone

Norseone Emperor

What more is america sposed to be doing? Racism is now prosecutable by law. This is enforced very thoroughly. Groups hurt in the past are now given advantages when applying to college and scholarships. What more is America supposed to do?

EDIT:and im nto goona go through all the clips again...but that is certainly implied by calling us the US of KKK A. UNless you dont think the KKK is racist :)

8. eyrei

Really? So your statement is absolute truth because you said it?

I think anger at the government/society that treated you like a second class citizen is quite righteous, and I hope you agree. I don't think his way of dealing with that anger is constructive, but that isn't the issue.

9. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

That's why I have no black friends.:sad:

But I still get called an oreo.

I agree, all we need to do is stomp the neo-nazis and get rid of sub-concious racism. It's still there, and I actually bear it against Latinos. I hate that but as a society we have to get rid of that. Exactly why I smile and wave at everyone I see, even if it does mean that I get the finger.

10. MobBoss

Here is a bit of Farrakhans bio.

Please point out the parts in which he was treated as a second class citizen.

11. eyrei

We aren't talking about ex-slaves who are dead. We are talking about people who were abused and denegrated by our government who are still alive. One of those people who lived through it was Rev. Wright. When he was growing up it might as well have been the US of KKK considering our government was unwilling to stop them.

12. Norseone

Norseone Emperor

Farrakahn isnt just angry at the society...he is a complete racist who has blamed basically everything on the Jews. I dont even know where to start on this.....

13. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

Well, economic poverty from slavery still exists and there is no fair way to ever pay that off. It's too late now, the window 1865-1890 is gone now, so I guess America does best with what America can make.

Notice how I never refer to the Republic as "we".

14. MobBoss

Pastor Wrights bio:

Where was he "abused and denegrated by our government"?

I am starting to think Eyrei goes to Obamas church. ;)

15. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

Of course that's never added, it's implied, using that logic then Duke Ellington could listen to other bands at the venues he played at. WRONG!

16. eyrei

Why don't you ask him? Or ask Rev. Wright?

17. MobBoss

Because you made the allegation here in this forum. So by all means please back it up with some proof please.

I have provided my counter proof. It seems both men led somewhat priveledged early lives and dare I say it, better than many whites. Both men were well educated and apparently free from the 'abuse and degeneration' you seem to think every person of color automatically faces in the USA.

18. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

Notice how he goes to a HCBU, I wouldn't go to one unless I felt a bit outside in regular schools. I don't plan on attending one by the way. Nothing against them but I want a prestigious name on my resume. Just gotta get past these damn trig identities.

19. eyrei

Are you denying the entire record we have of civil rights violations during those decades? How about all the ones that went unreported because they were committed by the authorities? A simple biography does nothing to disprove any of that. Are you actually trying to re-write history here?

20. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

MobBoss if I was speeding down the road I would be more likely to be caught than you would.