1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's Speech Today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nihilistic, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

So what do we call it when that 200K a year black person flees the 30K white neighbor with a toilet flower pot as a drive way ornament?

Welcome to the probems of black culture today. One that is not unique to them, but one the black community has addopted. Again, the problems of the black community originate inside the black community.

2. andrewgpisme

andrewgpisme Chieftain

Who has been victimized more? We must know!

3. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

The world is a bleak place, and I will bet now that Blacks will never get equality in America. The income gap will never close. Subconcious racism will continue forever and that the ghettos and slums will never disappear. There is not hope for the young black boy in hte west side of Chicago, he will probably never achieve anything and he will probably never get past high school. Perhaps it won't be racism but the dominos have fallen and there is no way to stop them now. It's like saying that you can stop the Holocoust in 1938.

4. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

Precisely, this is not white supremecist racism that is hurting you. Its your own race that is disowning you because you are trying to be successful. That is the mentality that has to change in the black community if African Americans are to move on.

That mentality is not the fault of white man. This is just the kind of mentality that preachers like Reverend Wright produce within the African American community.

5. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO GOOD SCHOOLS!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT THIS BEFORE YOU CAN GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD??????

NO GOOD SCHOOLS EQUALS MEN WITH NO JOBS

MEN WITH NO JOBS EQUALS THE GROWTH OF GANGS

THE GROWTH OF GANGS CAUSES CRIME.

CRIME DISRUPTS INFRASTRUCTURE AND DESTROYS SCHOOLS AND FAMILIES

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

6. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

I understand that much, read post below to see where the mentality came from. I think that it is indirectly sort of the fault of white people. Not like they expected this to happen or wanted it to happen.

I have not mentioned that white supremecy is the cause of the plight now. I have only mentioned the social trends that have grown out of slavery and disenfranchisment. Reveredn Wright is only voicing his frustration in a more angry way. Obama represents a failed dream, but I accept that, all I can do is take my Obama cool aide then drift into a politically induced high and forget about the hopeless situation in the projects and back home in Nigeria.

7. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

:lol:

8. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

9. Archbob

But its in a way that just produces more hatred among the younger generation even. And that will produce the exact kind of mentality that is alienating the other African-Americans kids at your school from you.

You have the right idea and obviously its not all the fault of the school because you have just proven yourself that despite a crappy school, you managed to succeed. And like I've said, even inner-city kids who are bused to white schools in the Suburbs tend to lag behind and drop out.

When I was a math tutor at my high school(students tutoring students program), the kids that needed the most help were those kids bussed in from the inner city. But they never came. The ones that came were the kids(both white and African) that already had good grades.

When Asians first came over, their schools were the same as the ones for black people, if not worse, but they managed it. Its really about the mentality. When one of us studied and did well, we were praised in the community, not alienated.

10. nihilistic

nihilistic Intergalatic Delivery Boy

You probably don't know about all those Chinese Exclusion Act and Japanese internment camp stuff right? Those kinds of stuff happened chronologically after the US Civil War. Even today, the Affirmative Action regime punishes Asians heavily, in fact more than it does white people. Just look at what happened when Proposition 209 did to the UC system in California.

Case in point, if some guy said Asian immigrants are smarter than African immigrants, you'd be shouting racism regardless of whether it has a basis.

On the other hand, do you really have any evidence for that? Where are these super smart African immigrants and why aren't they overrunning our elite tech schools?

11. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

I'm sorry if you understood me incorrectly, but I'm taking the burdain of slaves that came here a few hundred years ago, I was raised in Nigeria and I live in a pretty good neighborhood with the only gunshots being marching band drums from far away.

Yeah he does induce more hatred, what I would like is some sort of way to change the schools. That's why I push so much for new education. If the schools were better then there would be less crime. The schools don't have enough books, if you could at least give every student an equal opportunity then perhaps their communities might have a chance. I find it difficult to believe that the small kid in 2nd grade who is talking about pokemon to his friend will turn into a gangster who will shoot five people before he is cought. You guys just refuse to catch the cause for this slacker culture, even the Chinese once had their own gangs and ghettos, it isn't one isolated culture in America, it's a social occurence that has grown out of a multitude of different variables. The first one to fix is a skewed educational system.

12. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

:lol:

Heh, you are the typical "my peoples problems can't be a result of their own actions" victim who now, confronted with logical arguements from several people that you can not defend against simply resorts to name calling (and let us not forget your blatantly racsist Asian ane white bashing).

Fine, continue to pretend the problems of the black community are external. Continue to wait for some force to magically wisk you to economic prosperity even though every other group had to do it through accepting responsibility for their own fate. Enjoy your crutch.

13. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

1. I know about those, those only kept the Asians out and the hatred from those was not as acute as it was to Blacks at the time.

2. No, I wouldn't because there would be numbers. Second this there aren't as many African immigrants because they just won't let them in, why, it's Africa! Simple as that

And the numbers http://www.asian-nation.org/immigrant-stats.shtml

And on Asian Nation too :lol:

14. general_kill

general_kill Deity

Does this guy write his own speeches? That speech was amazing and inspires me to be a better human being.

And I hear a lot of people talking about not being swayed by words without actions, I hope these people are not American because politicians in this country are all about words without action. I don't want to take a jab at Republicans but Bush has been talking about the energy crisis since his inauguration and has backed out of countless treaties and international arrangements that supports what he says. He is words without action. On the other hand, I wish he did a little less action when it came to Iraq.

15. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

He wrote this one himself. Yes he is a great speaker and have you noticed that this tread has been highjacked and that I am the sole combatant in the defence of Obama. Funny how quickly Americans can change their stripes. No commitment what so ever.

16. nihilistic

That's not exactly true historically, and certainly untrue currently.

Ok, I'm assuming you are standing by these statistics since you linked to them. Now, let's interpret what the numbers mean:

The only 2 relevant columns on that chart are the "Asian & Pacific Islander" column and the "African" column. According to the chart, these Asian immigrants, despite coming in with far less language proficiency and lower education levels than African immigrants, managed to pull in more money and own more homes than the Africans. How did that happen?

Well, you would have to consider that the people from the African column likely consists of a non-trivial percentage of Arabs and Caucasians messing up your black data. Furthermore, you would have to consider that those Africans that recently immigrated from African that happen to be black ALL benefit from Affirmative Action.

17. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

I'm going to shelve you now because you have no relevence to this argument, why do they make less, because black people ALWAYS get payed less, just another form of institutionalized racism, it's exactly the same as women getting payed less. If you remember my argument was that African immigrants were just smarter ok? So I win considering that even the asians admit to the facts. That is irrelevent now ok?

18. Archbob

Actually most companies start people at around the same rate regardless of who they are. Its the base rate.

There are some companies that give as much as you daring to ask for.

No company would dare to pay employees less based on skin color, AA and ACLU would sue the hell out of them for that.

And his comment does have relevance on your stats. The report mentioned that most 'African immigrants' are from the Elite class in Africa.
    If they count Arabs and White immigrants from Africa as 'African immigrants' that will distort you stats quite a bit as these two types of people are not black.

If they count these two groups as "African" then:

African Immigrant is equal the same as a Black immigrant

The amount of Non-Asians immigrating from Asia is trivial.

If you look at other stats, Asians also got paid more than whites on average. Unless your going to claim that whites have some kind of Asian Supremecy mindset, that won't make sense.

Its all about the mindset and the culture. There are more Asians in the high-tech jobs but very few in management(there are a larger % of blacks in management) because Asians generally are hard beaver type workers. Most are solidly in the middle class of mid-upper class but never move into the upper class.

With Blacks, many are in the lower class but there are the few who vault past the middle class into the upper class.

Asians are hard-working but timid so they don't really climb the corporate ladders. Blacks in general are alot more aggressive so the select few that work hard are likely not only to get good paying jobs, but climb the corporate ladder faster.

19. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

Now is that really true?

20. nihilistic

They make less because they are mostly liberal arts majors.

Except that your statistics don't really show that. Your original argument regards "rich" Africans versus "rich" Asians, which eliminates the "less than high school" category. Among the "with college degree" and "with advanced degree" comparisons, the difference is so small that it is difficult to imagine how it could not have been the other way if Affirmative Action wasn't the policy.

Affirmative Action is based on the percentage of total black residents of the United States, but in implementation in most elite universities that number is made up by bringing in African immigrants who just happen to be the right color. You can't discount that insane advantage.