Obscure remarks

Nathair

Chieftain
I've been having some trouble understanding exactly what leaders have been going on about. Fred, for example, just said to me that it is a good thing I'm avoiding that city-state because to aid it invites death. Which city-state? I dunno exactly, he didn't say. Likewise, Gorgo popped by, apropos of nothing I saw, to berate me for avoiding bloodshed. Why? No idea.

Is there a translation or a log somewhere I haven't found? Something to explain just why Cleo suddenly thinks I'm a person worth paying attention to and dropped by to tell me?

Hover over these leaders' historical agendas, it should explain a lot. Cleopatra likes Civs with armies that are bigger than hers, Frederick Barbarossa hates ANY Civ who associated with ANY City State (if you haven't conquered one and aren't the Suzerain of one, he has no reason to mind you), and Gorgo hates Civs who haven't declared war or agreed to an unfavorable peace deal.

So when Gandhi says there's no shame in deterrence, having a weapon isn't the same as using it, I fully understand it's about his peacemonger agenda. Same goes for Fred and his issues with city-state politics. I guess my question is more about what specifically sets them off. Is it just a reflection of the current state of affairs rather than a response to some triggering action on my part? Does it reflect some changed number in the relationship list?

As far as I can tell it's random. Like, every turn there is a 3% chance that a leader will approach you and say something about their agenda. I don't think it's tied to specific game happenings as it seems to happen pretty randomly. Once I played vs greece who had the secret agenda money grubber, they came and told me how poor and dirty i am. A few turns later, how my pockets are so full of gold it spills out when I walk.

Top Bottom