Obscure Reputation Question wrt Tribute

floydmcw

Prince
I am building an army to attack my neighbor and will be ready to declare war in a few turns. This turn he dialed up and demanded Ivory.

I don't mind giving him the Ivory for a few turns. I'd rather have the advantage
of surprise when I declare so I can nab workers and cut roads and such. But if I submit, then declare war in less than 20 turns, do I take a rep hit? I'm afraid that because I am giving him a luxury, cutting off the luxury will tarnish my rep.

that's probably not a good idea. any per turn deals you break can really hurt your rep. you should just wait another 20 turns if you said yes.

floydmcw said:
But if I submit, then declare war in less than 20 turns, do I take a rep hit?
Yes, you will lose your rep.

What if he 'accidentally' pillaged the roads between him and the AI while th deal was in place? Would his rep be affected?

thescaryworker said:
What if he 'accidentally' pillaged the roads between him and the AI while th deal was in place? Would his rep be affected?
Yes you will lose your rep in this case too. I believe that the only way you can stop a 20 turn lux shipment early without losing your rep is if the recipient of the lux declares war on you. I realise this seems bugged and unfair, but that is the way it is and we have to live with it.

Top Bottom