1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Observation balloon stacking.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Heikki Mustonen, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Heikki Mustonen

Heikki Mustonen Chieftain

Observation balloons gives +1 range to all adjacent bombard strength units and it stacks with other balloons. So if you like you can place 7 balloons around and top an artillery and get +7 range for it. I would assume this is a bug. Having (in theory) 10 range artillery is just dumb. So far I have only stacked it to range six and even that makes things too simple.

Dreego and dexters like this.
  2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yeah, that does need to get fixed.

3. ilker

ilker Chieftain

Artilleries with 6-7 tile ranges are a bit too much I guess. Is it a glitch?

4. King Ralph

King Ralph Chieftain

I ran into a different problem with balloons as of the Fall patch: The range boost did not apply unless there was at least one eligible target within the non-boosted range.

Example: Artillery, three spaces away from a city, in formation with a single balloon. There are no eligible targets within 2 spaces. I cannot fire, and the range stat for the artillery is 2.

Same unit, same balloon, but this time there is an enemy unit within 2 spaces of the artillery. Now the range is three and I can target the nearby city.

Anyone else see the same behavior?

5. The Pixie

The Pixie Chieftain

Yes! I had not worked out why it was happening, but I had artilliary three hexes away with a balloon, and able to bombard a city, next turn it could not. Plenty of times I could not see why the balloon was not working; they seem almost useless now.