Observing AI battles

Abaxial

Emperor
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way of observing an AI-only battle royale? In the Steam workshop there are mods for this, none of which work well. One doesn't work as advertised and crashes. The others cause the observer to be cast as a leader, with the result that the game keeps being interrupted by gossip from the other leaders ("Why do you not fight for your people?" etc), and also you have to vote meaninglessly in World Congress meetings.

I'm sure there must be a better way, as I have seen YT videos of observed games. Or were these edited?

I was using Better Spectator Mod from the Steam Workshop, you do get an observer leader, but I don’t remember other leaders coming for a chit-chat. It does stop for congress votes, but you can just close the voting screen to return to the map and continue with Shift+Enter without any need to vote.

but I don’t remember other leaders coming for a chit-chat.
Just putting in my two cents, for me personally BSM used to not have any leaders talk to you but in the past 6 months they have wanted to chat with you about things. I don't know what changed about it.

I had another go with BSM yesterday. Not only do the leaders interrupt you to tell you that your navy is weak (etc) they also try and send you delegations. And it crashed on turn 294. What one wants is the ability to set an AI game running and walk away and leave it for an hour. With BSM you have to be in constant attendance to hit ESC every few minutes. Surely it must be possible?

Top Bottom