Obsolete Del Buildings

Roamty

BTS
Obsolete Del Buildings Version 0.1.3 for Civilization IV Beyond the Sword 3.19 by Jean Elcard Tholish and Roamty

Credits goes to Jean Elcard and Tholish for their mods

I would like to add text when buildings are Obsolete and Unbuildable Building Deletion events happen but I don't know how, someone please with more know how help make this happen. I think this will make BTS that much better. The credit will go to the person or persons who can help here with text.

This can be call beta demo until text is added or if you like this made be the final version used, this to begin to delete any buildings you like I only did TRAININGCAMP for deletion replace by the BARRACKS to see if it will work in bts 3.19 and it does so have fun guys.

[MODCOMP] Obsolete Buildings by Jean Elcard

Unbuildable Building Deletion by Tholish

I added Unbuildable Building Deletion by Tholish to the MODCOMP] Obsolete Buildings by Jean Elcard to make Obsolete Del Buildings

Version 0.1.3 for Civilization IV Beyond the Sword 3.19

Can someone please help me I would like to add text saying your building is Obsolete and is now being replace with building.

and for the part where Unbuildable Building Deletion

can there be text also saying your building circumstances have changed so that now this building doesn't stay it will go away.

I also made a bik movie for Lascaux you can see it here in this mod tell be if you guys like it.

Version 0.1.1 for Civilization IV Beyond the Sword 3.17

History

initial BtS version

update to BtS version 3.17
fixed a bug which could cause the pedia to blank out in some mods
no need for activating modular loading manually anymore

Unbuildable Building Deletion by Tholish he does not have a version for his mod

If conditions change so that an existing building would not now be buildable, the building vanishes on the next turn. For example, if an inquisitor has removed a religion from a city, all buildings that require that religion also vanish. If an event removes a tech from a player, all buildings that required that tech as a prereq vanish. If an existing building required a bonus to be built, and the supplies of that bonus are cut off, then the building vanishes.

Um...i'm sorry, but i don't understand (just from reading the text) what this does.

What this mod does is if you have a building lets say TRAININGCAMP it will give new units plus 2 exp as time goes on with the right techs bonus or religion etc what ever you want a better building comes around let say BARRACKS that gives plus 3 exp when you build the BARRACKS, TRAININGCAMP goes Obsolete and is deleted from your city and is replace with the better building BARRACKS. Now as to Unbuildable Building Deletion by Tholish If conditions change so that an existing building would not now be buildable, the building vanishes on the next turn. For example, if an inquisitor has removed a religion from a city, all buildings that require that religion also vanish. If an event removes a tech from a player, all buildings that required that tech as a prereq vanish. If an existing building required a bonus to be built, and the supplies of that bonus are cut off, then the building vanishes. So lets say you have a building that needs iron and you then build it in your city and now after a war you now have lost iron the bonus so then your buildings that needed iron will all be deleted from your cities. So you get iron back now you can rebuild the building that needs iron.

In the first picture you see you have TRAININGCAMP
then in the second picture you now have BARRACKS your TRAININGCAMP
now is Obsolete and has been replace with the BARRACKS

This is a small mod to show what can be done you can make any building go Obsolete and be replace with a better building with the tag

<!-- OB: New tag added by Elgor -->
<ObsoleteBuildingClasses/>
<!-- OB: End Add -->
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!-- OB: New tag added by Elgor -->
<ObsoleteBuildingClasses>
<ObsoleteBuildingClass>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_TRAININGCAMP</BuildingClassType>
<bObsolete>1</bObsolete>
</ObsoleteBuildingClass>
</ObsoleteBuildingClasses>
<!-- OB: End Add -->

Perfect. So Water Powerplant should disable all other powerplants for example (coal/nuclear).

Perfect. So Water Powerplant should disable all other powerplants for example (coal/nuclear).

Yes and if you want to see how try this out

Place Hydro Plant in Obsolete Del Buildings/Assets/Modules/Custom Buildings
if you want to Obsolete coal and Nuclear Plant.

Well... what about "Tholish UnbuildableBuildingDeletion START" in the source code?

Why do we need this for this modcomp? The "canKeep" part seems to have nothing to do with obsolet del buildings itself and can cause problems in some mods (like mine). The "canKeep" part seems not to check for any "ObsoleteBuildingClass".

Top Bottom