Obsoleted - Fanatikan Science Department Term One- Ministry of Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
This is the official thread of the FSD. Queue is to be worked out later, with the help of Civanator, who I am apointing Deputy In Action, since Strider is gone without a trace. I look forewards to leading this and getting us through those tricky ancient times.

Thank you,
SaaM (the penguin)

Queue: It IS changeable
Start with Warrior Code and Brozne Working.
Edit- heres the new queue proposal:
1. ceremonial burial
2. iron working
3. mysticism
4. polytheism
5. monarchy
6. alphabet
7. writing
8. the wheel
9. literature
10. pottery
11. map making
12. horseback riding
13. masonry
14. philosophy
15. code of laws
16. republic
17. math
18. construction
19. currency

I'd be more in favour of making a beeline for either Iron Working or The Wheel, and then starting to go down the road to the GL, making a deviation at some point to research Horseback Riding if we opt to use the horse-rush strategy.

I don't think we'll have a snowball's chance in hell of completing the Great Library. I would suggest Iron Working, Ceremonial Burial, and then straight on to Monarchy. Then we can come back for the horses. I think we need to improve the government as soon as possible (while keeping in a semi-war mode), and the Hanging Gardens may be our only real chance for a wonder. The temples will also be very helpful.

SAaM, we dwell not in Bensalem, In Atlantis, In Avalon, or in the Insula Delicarum.

We are in Fanatika, and thus we must do what is best for all of Fanatika. A military focusing would be best, as well as happiness.

I do support the production of cultural buildings of course, and I will support the researching of literature. However, we must keep Fanatika's best interests in mind, and though I'd prefer to stick to Republic, no war, and a lot of libraries, that will alas not be likely till we've begun conquering a few other civilizations. Thus you must keep that in mind. Please SAaM, focus on the whole, for it is greater than the sum of it's parts (and no one state I like holism, for I've my share of reductionist tendencies)

Culture requests that Ceremonial Burial be researched soon, for happiness is low, and military police can only do so much. SAaM, should the event arise again, I'll be sure to add my advice and succor, and if you follow what I and other's have stated, you'll be magnificent.

A path for Ceremonial Burial would be good, as it leads the way toward monarchy, which will doubtless be the prefered government, as I predict much warmongering in the future.

On a different note, I'm compiling a list of names all the officials are planning on naming their cities. If it isn't too much, could I get the respective naming plans from both Strider and SAaM? Thanks.

Cyc's suggestion seems very wise. It seems a great path to try. Also, we willl need Literature at some point. Being scientific, our cheapest cultural building shall be the library. We may also want to trade for techs that give us a new unit (chariots, swordsmen, etc...).

Originally posted by Cyc
I don't think we'll have a snowball's chance in hell of completing the Great Library. I would suggest Iron Working, Ceremonial Burial, and then straight on to Monarchy. Then we can come back for the horses. I think we need to improve the government as soon as possible (while keeping in a semi-war mode), and the Hanging Gardens may be our only real chance for a wonder. The temples will also be very helpful.

I actually played an emperor game where I *did* build the GL before the AI! (I had a GL too). It was GOTM11 in fact. :D

It is possible to build the GL on emperor level. You do have to go straight for literature, not trade it, and hope the AI doesn't research it, which is possible, since it is an optional tech. You cannot, however, count on it, unless you get a great leader very early, and save it for the Great Library.

With the cascade effect and the improved production of the AI on this level, you need a very hefty head start to beat them without a leader.

It is very possible for us to build the Great Library (I did it in a Deity game before). I think we should pursue Iron Working first and then the Wheel to up our defenses. Maybe we could trade for Ceremonial Burial, if not go straight for Literature to get the GL. With the GL life in Fanatika will be much easier.

I think that the Great Library will be completely necessary to be built before the AI. I would suggest that we put our science research at a maximum and go for Alphabet, Writing, and Literature first. Once we have the GL, we will get any tech we have missed, and will be able to stockpile gold to buy techs for the middle ages.

On the higher difficulties, techs are not researched--they are bought.

i officially object to the current queue because:
a. it was determined entirely by stuck_as_a_mac with no democratic input
b. it places undue emphasis on military technologies
c. it defers more advanced government till too late in the game (ed. note: workers only have 50 percent efficiency under despotism)

i would instead propose:
1. ceremonial burial
2. iron working
3. mysticism
4. polytheism
5. monarchy
6. alphabet
7. writing
8. the wheel
9. masonry
10. pottery
11. map making
12. horseback riding
13. literature
14. philosophy
15. code of laws
16. republic
17. math
18. construction
19. currency

this queue helps to back off the military emphasis (though it still provides iron working quickly). it also gets us to monarchy asap so as to remove the halving of our workers effectiveness. i would greatly appreciate input from the people.

neutral leader is a good, responsible provincial governor

I like that! Ceremonial burial first! Literature in decent time, military is good! Wonderful!

tell that to the miltary department. neutral, for once, i am agreeing with you. mabey we could switch literature with masonry? (even sooner) personaly, i want the gl. i have since i started running for this job. this queue is due to pressure from the mininstry of war. hence my name, the ministry of peace.
just switch lit with masonry and ill propose it to the war department.

1. ceremonial burial
2. iron working
3. mysticism
4. polytheism
5. monarchy
6. alphabet
7. writing
8. the wheel
9. literature
10. pottery
11. map making
12. horseback riding