Obsoleted - Fanatikan Science Department Term One- Ministry of Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
map making needs to be earlier we need maps quicker and maybe the ability to buiold the great lighthouse which mean more trading oppertunities

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
im doing iron/alpha/writing/lit
this will be good for us.
we will get the gl and put science funding on 0%. this way, we can support our armies.

please do not abject to this one. its what im proposing at the tc.

Don't propose it at the turn chat. Start a poll...

im doing iron/alpha/writing/lit
this will be good for us.
we will get the gl and put science funding on 0%. this way, WE CAN SUPPORT OUR ARMIES
please do not abject to this one. its what im proposing at the tc.

Emphasis mine so all know.

Do you know what else would be good? if we had ceremonial burial, and thus temples, which would decrease need for MP. thus needing less military money to support. Surely you can see the logic in that!

Well, hopefully, curufinwe, we can pick up Ceremonial Burial on a trade. If we focus on that in our dealings with AI encounters, this will help immensely. Otherwise, we'll be hogtied by unhappiness early in the game.

The Oracle (for the wonder) is obsolete by the time the Sistene Chapel is available. So, the only wonders I see us trying to build is:

Pyramids (only if we're on a large continent - if another civ is building it, and starts close by, we could take them)

The Great Library - Almost a definate must.

Colossus and Great Lighthouses are usually favorites of the AI...

Acutally, the Colossus is a pretty easy one to get. I got it in an emperor OCC I recently lost... It will provide in that city the benefits a democracy's increased commerce.

The Great Library = hard to get. We will need to prebuild from the beginning to get it.

Please post any turn chat instructions (if applicable) in this thread for tonight's game.

Originaly posted by Stuck_as_a_mac
we will get the gl and put science funding on 0%. this way, we can support our armies.

And if we do build the Great Library, We must remember that Education renders it obsolite. If we place the science rate at 0%, we nead to remember to set the science rate so we can get more tech once the GL becomes obsolite. :)

Has our illustrious FSD asked the people what it is they would like to research? If so, would someone please post a link to that discussion?

Since Strider hasn't responded to posting his Science Department Thread as required at the start of the term, I will seek a replacement this Saturday night/Sunday.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Since Strider hasn't responded to posting his Science Department Thread as required at the start of the term, I will seek a replacement this Saturday night/Sunday.

Strider has posted in the science election thread - says he was banged up in a car crash. Perhaps we should give him a little time before dumping him?

yup. der schivagan science queue. its in the citizen thread. also, the i/a/w/l is an idea in which a mod, a submariner, a war department and a penguin agreed on.

Would you be so kind as to post a link to this discussion?

OK, you've got a mod, a submariner, a war department and a penguin. How about the other 49 citizens, what do they think?

Originally posted by donsig

Would you be so kind as to post a link to this discussion?

OK, you've got a mod, a submariner, a war department and a penguin. How about the other 49 citizens, what do they think?

It isn't really his fault that noone else posted their opinions, though, is it? This has been an ongoing problem since term 1 of last game. Many people prefer just to vote...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom