1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Obtaining Humanism (as France) is not enough to build Chateaus on a river

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by BBPACivNut, Sep 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BBPACivNut

BBPACivNut Chieftain

As a preface, Note that Chateaus is correct in English, although Chateaux is also acceptable. With very few exceptions, plurals in English do not have to use foreign language pluralization rules. I also did a search on this forum for 'Chateau' and did not find this topic. Nonetheless, please forgive if this is a duplicate and refer me to the appropriate thread.

The Question:
    The Civopedia only says that a chateau must be placed by a river. However, simply earning the Humanism civic as France is not enough to build a chateau on an unimproved river tile. I suspect there is an unstated rule about the chateau needing to be within a certain distance of an improved luxury resource. Can anybody verify this or substantiate the specific rule with a reference to the documentation?

ps. I think such a restriction would be reasonable, as that would be consistent with the Chateau in Civ 5, although I see I can build them next to each other now.

2. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

Can you post a screenshot or save file? Sounds like a probable bug.

3. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Warlord

Maybe there's Alumnium or Oil on that tile.

4. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

The game lets you build farms over undiscovered resources so I can't see why a UI would be different.

5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

I have had several occasions where I should have been able to build UI or plant a forest but couldn't. There js something buggy going on.

6. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

I've never had this happen with UIs, but I have been unable to plant forests on empty flat plains tiles in my own territory before (and yes I had the civic for it)