1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OCC Diety/Immortal

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Greggy08, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Greggy08

Greggy08 Warlord

So the question i have for you is one:

do you think OCC on diety, or even Immortal is still doable or with the VP you just need cities?

In Vanilla it was easy to get an OCC on diety but now I tried and I was near to win on Immortal, and really, really failed on Diety and I would like to hear some suggestions on how to do it. (Tried cultural)

Did someone of you manage to achieve one?

2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Have you tried Venetia? I believe it's the most fitting civ for a One City Challenge.

3. Greggy08

Greggy08 Warlord

Man, that's cheating. It would be Venice, not OCC :)

4. mbbcam

mbbcam Prince

**English examiner alert**

That should be DE-ity, not DIE-ty ;)

It's from the French. Easy to be confused if you are Italian! (Though I'm amazed how many native English speakers get it wrong - probably partly the result of typing too fast on small keyboards.)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but every time I see that misspelling I groan.

5. Greggy08

Greggy08 Warlord

Ups, yes I'm italian, well nice to know:)
    I read it everyday on civ, and I still I don't know how to write it lol.

6. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Actually, Venice isn't different from any other OCC since its main power lies in puppets. In the end you will be left with UB and MoVs, spamming potential of latter is greatly reduced due to no puppets.

7. Greggy08

Greggy08 Warlord

I'm going to try, Maybe it's going to be different than I thought.
    Anyway I think that the only VC you can achieve is cultural since you can't build a large army, or lots of diplomats and you will fall behind in science with just one city.

8. Funak

Funak Deity

Well, you're still getting double the traderoutes and the insane power of the merchant of venice with no real drawback.

Diplo or spaceship are definitely easier than cultural on one city. Not being able to build 3 of every guild hurts.

9. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Even domination should be feasible. With a bonus for puppets, you just puppet everything in sight.

10. Greggy08

Greggy08 Warlord

You cannot puppet, I think everything is auto-razed instantly when you conquer.

Edit: and because of that you will never be able to support a lot of units I think.

11. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Ah, ok, so you mean everyone having only one city. The other civs have the same problem as you. If not, this is not a OCC, just you trying to beat the normal game with only one city.

In that case, you cannot puppet, but you can still generate tons of gold and maintain a big army with that.

12. Funak

Funak Deity

I'm sorry, but you're dead wrong. OCC is a requirement aimed at only the player, the AI can build cities normally. This is how OCC have always been in Civgames.

13. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Never played myself an OCC, but I remember a discussion where some players told that you need to check it while setting game to let it be a true OCC game, and that this prevented all civs from settling more cities. Or I remember it wrong, which won't surprise me.

Then, any civ focusing on GP will do, like Korea, Babylon and Maya. China can get easily a +45% science in capital with her WLTED. Brazil should be easy to keep in constant carnival. Pure warmongers like Zulu, Sweden, Aztec and Denmark (with iron) can stand too, because you will need an army anyway. Civs that focus on trade routes like Venice, Morocco, Portugal and Ottomans could perform well, as TR don't scale with number of cities.

I'd say to forget about civs that focus on religion, CS alliances or founding/conquering cities (except maybe Assyria). Poland, Japan and Netherlands depends too much on maps. Egypt could be fun, but I doubt you could make it to many wonders.

14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

The OCC setting only applies to the human player, not the AI civs.

15. merill

merill Prince

Diplo victory with occ is harder, because of the lack of paper. It's costly to buy.
    Imo, Venice is the easier civ for occ, because of UA, UB and UI.

16. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

What setting did you use to play OCC on deity in vanilla? I imagine it's unreal to play if your capital doesn't start on coast, since you won't be able to build navy and cross-continental warfare becomes impossible.

17. Greggy08

Greggy08 Warlord

On vanilla every civ with every start was good for OCC. Best one imho was Babylon scientific. If you want domination on continent, yes you need coast, or XCOMs but It would probably be to late to dom.