Occ

dunnm

Chieftain
What is the best Civ for OCC ? I have gone up to Diety with most Civs but found Alexander the best but can not win with him on Diety - even with near perfect starting locations.

So far only have one Diety OCC win - Japan Economic 2038 - I made huge mistakes late in the game but just beat the Greeks who were going for AC unusually from my attempts at Diety OCC no AI was near cultural victory (11 achievements best) other AIs Roman, Russian and Mongul. Lucky breaks with the right sort of Great People at the right time was the key - a builder early game appears to be essential.

Greece is one of the best civs. Just try to get some decent defense going, and expand like crazy. Democracy leads to some awesome military techs, so just sit back and tech until you get techs like Religion, Metallurgy and Feudalism. By that time you should be done expanding, so switch in and out of Democracy/Fundamentalism, and try to take out the AI little by little.

For OCC on Deity, I like Egypt or England. I like high culture civs, and can reach a cultural victory unbelievably quick with these two civs on Deity. Oddly enough, my first Deity win ever was with Greece as a OCC Economical win.

Not so sure about late game, but the French cathedral is great for OCC in the early game. I think my preference would be for the Egyptians due to the wonder though (Colossus is best).

Bizaar - Arthur C. Clarke - Just done the French then the Egypyians and stormed them both - econmic victories - doubt I would have been able to pull off any other sort - guess tech. is the most hard ? Best civ for OCC tech victory ?

I wrote a strategy article on OCC.

The best civs for OCC are Aztecs and Romans.

Tech victory is extremely slow. I didn't think cultural victory is possible. Romans can get a lot of achievements, but I don't see how 20 is possible. Nevertheless, winning by economic still is the fastest.

Top Bottom