1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OCCC1- One city Conquest

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Kulko, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Right, I forgot...

Ok, I still like my plan better, but not so much that I will argue about it. "Man with mouse in hand decides"... So Kulko, are you going to take the next set?
    (Edit: just make sure to time every forest chop correctly for the missing 10s.)

2. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

I will go forward with my plan as noted.

As for the forest chops, when I chop a tile which has already been chopped, I dont get new 10 shields, correct? So how do I know where I can still chop? Does it make a difference if I chop during the first or second turn?

3. Lanzelot

CivAssistII displays the tiles that still have 10 shields available. (You may need to right-click on the map and activate some check-box.)

No difference: the forest-shields are added in the interturn, before the normal production is added to the box.

4. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

CAII isnt working on my Compi. If somebody could provide a screenshot that would be nice.

5. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Here it is

Attached Files:

6. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

Preflight
    Move 2 MIs and 2 Berzerks onto Tenochtitlan

IBT:
    Zulu renew deal for our WInes and I renew. I guess we are sunk reputationwise anyway once we break the RoP.

Aztecs want to boot us and I declare. As Supposed they send 2 Pikes and 5 spears to rescue their worker.

Battle for Tenochtitlan
    eB kills eSp
    eB (4) kills vSp (3/5)
    eMI kills vSp (4/5)

Aztecs are gone.

Turn 1-3 Shuffling units to Zululand

IBT:
    The mongols land a HM on our island

Turn 4:
    I am looking for the mongol HM and he is gone. I keep looking some more but he disappeared. Looks like our revered Neighbour is in cash trouble. I doubt he is managing more then 40 turn research in that case. But the HM forced the AI to reconsider our production in Trondheim, SO I have to spend a few gp.

On the bad side, Zimbabwe is producing its first crusader.

Turn 5-8 Shuffling more units towards Zimbabwe

Attached Files:

7. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

I played 7,5 turns, and stopped 600 AD becuase I am not sure what units we should shuffle over towards Zululand next.

I stationed an attack force at technochtitlan which should be able to take that city with 90% upwards.

I also stationed a lot of units near zimbabwe where they can be used to attack multiple cities as long as we decide before declaring war.

I hve one more shipchain ready which could either transport 2 zerks next turn or defensive untis, if you think we could use them better.

8. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Well... well... why not declare before that?
    I think better relocate to Saltpeter Cities. and take Zimbabwe after....

9. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

I wanted to take the crusaders first, figuring that salpeter can simply be cut, and probably not reconnected by the time this operation will take.

Also when things go well in zimbabwe, the faster troops can try another attack on a second city. But i am not set on this tactics, if you think something else is more appropriate.

10. Lanzelot

I think, Zimbabwe should be taken first -- not so much because of the Knight's Templar, but because of the Great Wall. Afterwards go with all remaining troops from Zimbabwe to Ulundi as prio 1 target. (The Army can take Isandhlwana. Moving it now would take too much time.)

Should we raze the Zulu towns now?

11. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

as long as we don't declare war we can use the zulu roads, so I dont think we have a problem positioning ourselves where we want to be. The army was actually planned to cover the main stack from counterattacks as much as possible.

@ conquered city Since we have landed and have to deal with counterattacks anyway, we might as well raze them immediately.

12. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Sure, better take Zimbabwe first. But I am afraid it is impossible "now". Capital has extra defence bonus and with 6-7 Musketeers we need much more troops to take it in first strike.
    If we fail more and more defenders willl appear.
    I recommend take all other Cities first and pillage everything around and block saltpeter areas.
    GW does not matter much as most of the Cities above size 6.

13. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

Lanzelot?

14. Lanzelot

Yes, I'm here. I thought it's still your turn?!

15. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

Oh I meant to finish at that point because its a nice cutoff. Hadn't made that clear obviously.

16. Lanzelot

Ok, I got it. So I will play according to what we discussed over the last weeks.

- Relocate to take Saltpeter and a few lightly-defended towns on the first turn
    - Then concentrate on Zimbabwe. We can wear it down slowly with the Army....
    - Zulu cities will be razed. We are near the end, no need to play gift & retake anymore...

17. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Pull out some troops using Worker...

18. Lanzelot

Pre-turn: bring troops into position to strike next turn at Ulundi (saltpeter).
    Set up ship chain on sea tiles (we were using coast at some points - better be careful)

T176, 610 AD:
    Lose 3 Berzerks against two Muskets in Ulundi.
    No Losses at Isandhlawana. Pillage the saltpeter next to it.
    Lose 1 Berzerk at Teohituacan.

T177, 620 AD:
    Lose one MI in the interturn.

T178, 630 AD:
    Lose one AC in the IBT.
    Lose a Berzerk and an MI taking Bapedi.

Lose a Berzerk against an Impi in Corihuayrachina. Corihuayrachina holds :(

Tugela had been founded the previous turn and had a Longbow in it. This turn it has an Impi!! They can't have made 6s in one turn, so they must have cash-rushed it :eek:

T179, 640 AD:
    Take Corihuayrachina with no losses.

When I press F1, Civ3Conquset.exe crashes?! Never seen that before! Need to replay the turn.

T180, 650 AD:
    Lose 2 ACs IBT.

T181, 660 AD:
    The Zulus are willing to make peace for Tula, Tugela, Education and 400g. Should I take it?

Attaching the current save.

19. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Will look within 2-3 hours.

20. Lanzelot

I did... Killed already 5 Zimbabwe units without attacking Zimbabwe.