1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ocho" - The Lovebug City of Crazy Eights

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Sommerswerd, Jul 10, 2009.

1. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Cav - I get your point but I think Indian is right about this city.

Settling on the gold gives us a greater final production capacity for the city (more grassland windmills). We also get +1 hammer from settling on a plains hill.

Settling on the gold will also result in the city producing 3 gold (+1 in every city, +1 from gold, +1 from trait). While working the gold will produce a lot more gold it only generates that gold when we are actually working the tile. Settling on the gold is going to generate 3 gold (two more than the city normally would) every turn.

Short term this is a bigger benefit as we will be working food tiles for the city to grow. Long term I am uncertain what the outcome is with respect to total commerce. But long term the location is certainly better for production.

2. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

We can decide about city 9 soon, but this thread is about city 8! And it looks like we've decided so I'll mark it on the map

We can whip our settler in 2 turns.

3. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Gold tile is 8 commerce and 3 hammers.

By settling on the gold we gain 1 coastal tile, 2 ocean tiles and 1 grassland hill. That is 8 food, 8 commerce and 3 hammers (with windmill + 1 from city tile) + biggest income from trade routes because of bigger city + whipping better ability.

I think this is a no brainer.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I would like Kyzylorda to be the name of city 8...:)

5. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

This is the (remaining) suggested names list BTW:

1. Kyzylorda
    2. Karagandy
    3. Chimkent (city 6 name suggestion / variation on Shymkent)
    4. Almaty

Not sure how "Taraz" got in there... He's very sneaky, yes?:)