October 20th, 2005 HoF Update

Mistfit

Deity
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 30 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Obormot for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Tiny Sid Domination game for 25348 points.

IrishBornKiller was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

Warelit was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Sid this update. Obormot submitted a 1025 BC Tiny Sid Domination game for 25348 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Obormot with a 1025 BC Tiny Sid Domination game for 25348 points.

archphoenix with a 1330 AD Small Deity Diplomatic game for 6964 points.

ConanConQ with a 2050 AD Large Emperor Histographic game for 22675 points.
Karl_t_great with a 1395 AD Small Emperor Diplomatic game for 5202 points.
Rustwork with a 210 BC Standard Emperor Conquest game for 11991 points.
Rustwork with a 90 BC Standard Emperor Domination game for 11726 points.

Pentium with a 310 AD Large Monarch Domination game for 8532 points.

IrishBornKiller with a 2050 AD Large Regent Histographic game for 8978 points.
zerksees with a 1375 AD Large Regent Cultural 100k game for 5621 points.

archphoenix with a 1020 AD Huge Warlord Diplomatic game for 2994 points.
Denniz with a 580 AD Tiny Warlord Diplomatic game for 3651 points.
Denniz with a 1090 AD Tiny Warlord Spaceship game for 2804 points.
theos with a 710 AD Huge Warlord Conquest game for 3965 points.

Congratulations to Pentium for becoming a Quartermaster.
Congratulations to zerksees for rising from 16th to 10th, to archphoenix for rising from 12th to 11th and to bluejay for rising from 18th to 17th in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to zex for falling from 10th to 13th, to Karl_t_great for falling from 11th to 12th, to Tone for falling from 13th to 14th, to killercane for falling from 14th to 16th, to WillowBrook for falling from 17th to 18th, to superslug for falling from 19th to 20th and to Miraculix for falling from 20th to 21st in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : Pentium & IrishBornKiller became full Machiavellians. Denniz rose from 15th to 12th, bluejay rose from 16th to 14th, zerksees rose from 19th to 16th and Warelit rose from 22nd to 20th.
Pentathlon : killercane rose from 5th to 4th, Denniz rose from 8th to 7th, archphoenix rose from 15th to 9th, Karl_t_great rose from 14th to 12th, bluejay rose from 16th to 13th, Pentium rose from 20th to 16th, EMan rose from 19th to 18th, zerksees rose from 25th to 19th, Bartleby rose from 26th to 25th and Warelit rose from 29th to 26th.
Octathlon : IrishBornKiller became a full Octathlete. Karl_t_great rose from 8th to 7th, Pentium rose from 22nd to 14th, bluejay rose from 23rd to 22nd and eldar rose from 26th to 25th.
Histographic : IrishBornKiller gained entrance to the Histographic table. ConanConQ rose from 25th to 22nd.

There were no winners to the Minor Gauntlet five (keep trying guys/gals :D )

Mistfit said:
Congratulations to Pentium for becoming a Quartermaster.
Congratulations to zerksees for rising from 16th to 10th

Congratulations to Pentium for the first to become a Quartemaster twice!

Ahh I'm back to the top 10 - if only until the next update.

zerksees said:
Congratulations to Pentium for the first to become a Quartemaster twice!
Thanks!

Well, you made a pretty big jump too. Bravo! :cool:
BTW, I notested I escaped you in Pentathlon. It's all because of my name. :)

Mistfit said:
Congratulations to zerksees for rising from 16th to 10th, to archphoenix for rising from 12th to 11th and to bluejay for rising from 18th to 17th in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to zex for falling from 10th to 13th, to Karl_t_great for falling from 11th to 12th, to Tone for falling from 13th to 14th ....

I was supposing to make top 10 in QM, congrats for zerksees & archphoenix for passing me.

There's a good competition for P10:
zerksees 3,02
archphoenix 3,04
me 3,05

I guess I have to improve in some category, I migth even take the pain of going for my 2nd ever histo game (I feel I am too old for the milking ....).

Karl_t_great said:
I guess I have to improve in some category, I migth even take the pain of going for my 2nd ever histo game (I feel I am too old for the milking ....).

Well I certainly was not aiming for the top 10 - just to move up. As I said, I'm in the top 10 at least until the next update. I am going for Sid so I am not sure I will be able to finish for the next update.

Too old for milking? How old is too old for milking?

I realize it is a game, but I respect your aptitudes for succeeding so gloriously. The Civ series is a great test of any true INTP personality. According to Myers Briggs Type Indicator, this is defined as:

The INTP is above all a thinker and his inner (private) world is a place governed by a strong sense of logical structure. Every experience is to be rigorously analysed, the task of the INTP's mind is to fit each encountered idea or experience into a larger structure defined by logic. For here is the central goal of the INTP: to understand and seek truth.

Salud!

Welcome to CFC, BattleOfTheBulg [party]! And to HoF, of course.

And you're right, most civers are very logical, especially the hardcore ones :)

zerksees said:
Too old for milking? How old is too old for milking?

In RL I am over forty (though mentally fourteen), it makes me think how many milking games I have time letf for.

"life is very short, and there's no time for building and fighting" -- ? The Beatles

Karl_t_great said:
In RL I am over forty (though mentally fourteen), it makes me think how many milking games I have time letf for.

As many as your patience will allow I guess.

At 38 I am not that far behind you. Obviously milking reduces the number of games that can be played, but it is a place where time is on your side. A lot of players can't take milking. A good milk run is on my short list of games to play next, but first I want to beat Sid.

I have to admit though that if there was no HOF, I probably would not do much milking.

zerksees said:
I have to admit though that if there was no HOF, I probably would not do much milking.

If there was no HoF, I probably would still be playing on regent or warlord, getting whatever victory popped up during the course of the game rather than having a set victory in mind to try to attain.

Top Bottom