1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] October Update Video Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Perhaps I just lack imagination but anyway it would be very hard to make a good mechanic around it so why even bother and why not to make something else instead. Is it really so crucial?

2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I'll bother because we literally just talked about earthquakes happening near geothermal fissures and adding yields to them.

oSiyeza likes this.
  3. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

Do you think is easy to make a good mechanic about religion? Or about WC? Or about anything in the game?

Making a good game is hard so why even bother?

Sorry that is not a good reason to me.

Making a good civ game is hard, that is the main reason it is not a cheap endeavor but also why is a profitable one, and also one of the reasons why not many people are trying but so many people cares.

The point is many people want this mechanic, because they think it will be cool (and I agree) and some nice ways to make it work have been also proposed here. So, really it should not be so hard to say, yep this is one of the features our clients (the players) want in the game, so lets take a look into it.

Yep, other potentially more interesting things have been propossed including plagues, meaningful politics, corporations, vassals, colonies, and obviously not all can be addresed... Regardless, the problem is not that we are unreasonable in what we ask (for the most part), but more that fxs is underdelivering with some mechanics that feel underwhelming, and plainly ignoring others.

And still we suport them because we recognize the effort and honesty in their attempts (for the most part). And because we apreciate that they are trying somewhat to ask the community the kind of game they want, and we are happy to participate.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Elhoim likes this.
  4. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

Does not work on 3 different systems. Win7, Win10, Linux. Two Laptops and one tower. No Mods ever. Hardware has not changed over the last 1000h of playing.
    I have contacted Firaxis, they tell me that they have so many tickets that they can not answer right away....that was at the end of september... so much for the minority...
    What a POS and what a crappy crappy "support"

5. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

OK. But again, there are tens of thousands of other people playing the game without problems. So if it's failing on three systems for you, then almost surely you're doing something atypical.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  6. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

PLEASE tell me what?? Pleeeease !!

Btw. if you watch the forums (technical not General, and Steam etc.) you notice there are a lot of people with same or similar issues. But sure we are a minority. So who cares...