[NFP] October Update Video Thread

Pirate factions

Well now there has to be a Princess Bride reference in the achievements for the Scenario if they are calling a faction "Dread Pirate"

New pirate barb camp w/ Jolly Roger flag. Also a new tile improvement.

I wonder if they could bring that over to the base game for barb camps that spawn along the coast. If not I'm sure a modder could do it.

Wait the second, just wait ... do I see correct.

Cities on the coast dont have ugly canal inside city center as before, they are just normal cities .... if they make this for all versions of the game and game modes, thats it for me. They can stop Civ6 development right now, my main complain has gone.

Is the Pirate scenario multiplayer only? I don't do multiplayer.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure even though Red Death is considered multiplayer you could still play by yourself and all the other factions would be AI.
I'm assuming this would be the same.

The tile improvement is the Colossal Head UI from the La Venta city state I believe.
I think you're right, it threw me off with it showing from behind.

New ships Brigantine & Sloop - just look like repurposed Frigate & Caravel models. New attribute: Crew

Ship healing / careening with pop-up.

Anybody notice the yellow line on the map during the pirates scenario? Looks like some type of path to follow...

RIP deity Pyramids ... you will be missed.

I think it will depend which AIs spawn in your game. The AI really does hate settling flat desert tiles. Right now they seem to prioritize Jebel Berkel as their favorite desert wonder, but even if they bump Pyramids up in the priority list I bet I can still build it a decent amount of times.

RIP Oracle and Pyramids ... not sure how to feel about that.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way will this mean other wonders are more competitive (good) or will it just mean the AI tries spamming even more wonders regardless of if its actually beneficial for them.

Maybe the AI would benefit from building less wonders and getting more districts and units.

It seems the Pirates use Relics instead of Policy Cards.

Spoiler :

20201013101140.png
20201013101210.png

How Pirates heal themselves without a City: Use movements to heal in shallow water.

20201013101550.png

Adding scaling for game speed to features that didn't previously have it (favor cost for voting mentioned). Additional fixes to game speed implied.

I wonder if GPP produced by projects are fixed. Currently if you play on non-standard speed, the cost of Great Person are scaled (e.g. classical GP only cost 40 GPP on Quick speed), but the amount of GPP produced by a project is not. So on quicker speed it's simply more valuable.

At least I hope they fix Gran Colombia's terrible Civilopedia entry. As it is, it ignores all the previous history of Native and Spanish Colonial settlement that created the need for an indepence leader such as Simón Bolívar. It is a huge simplified version of the war thath Bolívar fought and it completely ignores the legacy and histories of the countries that succeded it, specially Colombia, since it is the same Republic of Colombia as was the original name of Gran Colombia, which is a historiographical term, such as Byzantium for what was original called Roman Empire.
Thank you for mentioning this. I'm not the writer of the Gran Colombia entry, but I am the current writer and am responsible for editing text. I'll look into this and see if I can make some changes (do note that text updates are slow - they have to be translated!). Of course we're aware of the Gran Colombia / Republic of Colombia distinction, and that nobody called it "Gran Colombia" at the time, but it's important to make that distinction - Venezuelan, Ecuadorean, and Panamanian history are all included in what historians call "Gran Colombia", whereas a "Colombia" civ would put too much of a focus right on the Republic of Colombia. But I do see the need to talk a bit about what was there before Bolivar.

Top Bottom