1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] October Update Video Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Oct 13, 2020.

1. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

That would be the good and logical solution, but probably takes too much work to code. Easier to just copy the "destroy district" code from the other missions and call it a day.

Datgingah likes this.
  2. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

So I have been the first being hard at the lack of content in previous free updates.

I also dont play scenarios, so...

I have to say they added a potentially interesting scenario and all the balace updates are focussed in aspects of the game where they were really needed.

I have to say of course I would like more meaningful updates to systems that are objectively weak, such as WC and religious combat. But this is probably more a wish that will never come true.

Overall good job, even if maybe not my kind of dish.

I think that after tunning DF to be less exploitable, the DF penalty for owning capitals should be tuned to at least fade overtime.

Maybe patch notes would bring some other interesting improvements to apocalypse and secret societies.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    bbbt, Elhoim, Meluhhan and 5 others like this.
  3. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

It is a bit weird having to protect neighbourhoods with spies though but whatever.
    I have no problems with the current recruitment of partisans mechanic though. I have no idea what the fuzz is all about. You chase two tanks for two turns and that’s it

4. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

I'm totally fine with the partisans fix.

really the most annoying thing about it was when 2 modern armor would spawn before you have good enough units to kill them quickly...they could wreak absolute havoc, pillaging way more than 1 district on average (for me at least).

anti-cav can't move all over the map pillaging. repairing a district is not so big a deal in comparison.

5. Bosque

Bosque Warlord

As you wish...

nzcamel, Kjimmet, tedhebert and 5 others like this.
  6. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

at that point in the game it is only a minor inconvenience.
    You can probably just purchase a bomber/fighter and take care of it

7. mitsho

mitsho Deity

I just want to point out that they didn't say they will nerf Gran Colombia. They just said there will be changes to the new civilizations and mentioned Gran Colombia there. Just wait and see them making them stronger :D.

Irony off, looks good!

8. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

Its going to be funny seeing partisans eqiupped with state of the art anti-tank guns but better than tanks at least!

But this game could really do with a conscript/militia/levy type unit that never costs resources so is always buildable and spawns from recruit partisans. This way we dont have a situation where AT crews are the go to trash unit when you dont have any oil. "Sorry lads, we havent got the oil for rifles so make do with these rocket propelled missile launchers instead..."

9. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I was excited to hear them talk about recruit partisans, but... I don't think their fix makes it better at all, frankly.

Honestly, I think they could have left recruit partisans how it was, and just made it so that districts pillaged by barbarians repair extra quickly or let military engineers instantly repair pillaged districts for one charge. That would have been a better fix.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I would say it's more accurate for a state intelligence agency to be providing relatively cheap anti-tank weapons such as RPGs or LAW missiles to anti-government insurgents than providing main battle tanks. The CIA didn't give the Mujahedeen Abrams tanks after all.

Haig, Deadly Dog, nzcamel and 3 others like this.
  11. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Oh yes, it really could. When, in fact, it already had something along the lines, in Civ II.

Bosque, Josephias, Elhoim and 7 others like this.
  12. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

Considering Pyramids and Oracle are all in very early techs, the same as Hanging Gardens or Great Bath, I would imagine AI grabbing them easily* (both don't cost that much production) unless the human player Magus-chop them in 1 or 2 turns.

*There are a handful of players reported that AI prioritizes Oracle very early in the Tech Shuffle Gamemode, when Mysticism was in the main line of the civic tree rather than in a branch.

In other words, Qin received a buff (again).

Meluhhan likes this.
  13. Navelgazer

Navelgazer King

Whelp... gonna have to fight for Oracle now... fine...

Pirates scenario looks like tons of fun.

Meluhhan likes this.
  14. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Warlord

You're perfectly free to criticize other Civilizations for being overpowered, assuming you're not just being disingenuous.

That said, most of the other "OP" Civs are only OP because early war is inherently OP, and fixing this is much more difficult (in a game that is fundamentally Snowball Simulator Six) than altering something like GC that is fantastic across the board. The only other Civs that are really comparable to GC in terms of the breadth of their bonuses are Australia, Russia, and Japan. Japan's is balanced by being otherwise mediocre, and I won't ever defend the other two. Australia is good enough without the passive ability to force players to surrender in order to make Waltzing Mathilda stop, for example.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  15. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

Yeah, thats what I said its better than tanks at least. Still I maintain that from the modern era the melee unit class should be the baseline unit that costs no resources. Mosts states can afford to hand out rifles and basic training and likewise the first thing a partisan is going to need is a gun not an RPG. Seeing both AI and players resort to mass building AT crew when they are short on oil is bizzare to me. But I'm going off topic!

Elhoim and 8housesofelixir like this.
  16. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

The one thing I didn't like about this video update was the casual way they basically said "partisans will be anti-cav only, because those units are weaker".

It's kind of implied they're not looking into improving anti-cav. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it.

679x, Kjimmet, Inawordyes and 5 others like this.
  17. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Well, anti-cav should be weaker, that's why they don't cost strategic resources. They just shouldn't be loosing in a 1v1 with contemporary cavalry units.

bbbt, DefiantMars, 679x and 4 others like this.
  18. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

That's a plummer?

19. mdl5000

mdl5000 Warlord

my jaw dropped when I heard about the partisans "fix". now partisans can blow up neighborhoods but they'll only be anti-cavalry? sounds like one step forward and one step back.

oh well, no more neighborhood building for me

Hawke9 and 8housesofelixir like this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Here's the thing. The AI can't string together Recruit Partisans missions anymore. The pillaging forces them to move their spy elsewhere. Yeah, you gotta spend a few turns of production and reduced pop growth, but it's worth it to boot the spy elsewhere.