1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] October Update Video Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Oct 13, 2020.

1. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Quite.

It also feels maybe an over tuned or over engineered solution, when all that was really needed was to just remove this particular mission.

I really don’t even see what purpose this mission serves any more. Pillaging someone’s Neighbourhood doesn’t seem tactically useful, versus pillaging other more high value districts or stealing gold or great works. And spawning a few anti-cav units isn’t going to win any wars.

Honestly, I feel like some of this stuff just comes down to someone or some people just doing a community balance mod. I’m already using a bunch of mods to really just “correct” some silly balance changes or problems, eg mods that let me use T3 gov unique policy cards with T4 governments, rebalance mercantile city state envoy yields, increase tech and civic costs and slow pacing, rebalance happiness thresholds slightly, buff Workshops, give Lumbermills a river adjacency at Square Rigging, and rebalance unit combat strength. I’ll just add “mod that removes partisan missions” to the list.

I’m still interested to see the additional balance changes in the patch notes. FXS have been pretty good a balancing, notwithstanding a few head scratchers generally.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  2. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

So i was going to write if anyone actually expects the AI to build any Ships now...?
    But then i saw that it is Multiplayer.
    Why dont Firaxis just release a Multiplayer game? Then i could just not buy it and not care about it...

I relly thought i bought a single player game. btw. my game still CTD all the time..So not even that works anymore

Piranga and Elhoim like this.
  3. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

Well, I am using heavily moded game --- and I am pretty sure moders will quickly find a way to use those nice mountains and oceans from this scenario into regular game --- if FX doesnt do it.

Those mountains and oceans going to look awesome on TSL map, whole of pacific and caribean are going to be prime location to settle not because of yields, but because it would be so beautiful to have city, some wonder, and navy there.

679x and Pfeffersack like this.
  4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

ZOC seems to be ignored in pirates, hopefully that makes it easier for the AI to be competative.

8housesofelixir and acluewithout like this.
  5. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

Pirates is both single AND multi player. It is a senario-like the plague one.

Inawordyes, nzcamel, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Hope to be wrong, but I'm afraid those are terrain replacements (ie same visual on the whole maps), not conditional new graphics for a terrain type.

DefiantMars and Elhoim like this.
  7. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

8. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Right but that doesn't mean Firaxis can't make a change on their end for it. But yeah, won't be possible for modders.

Myomoto and Pfeffersack like this.
  9. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I wonder if we'll ever get logistics in this version of Civ.

Victoria likes this.
  10. untitledjuan

untitledjuan Warlord

Thank you for your response. I understand and appreciate the time and effort to add the info on each Civilization on the game. Moreover, I am very happy to see Gran Colombia in the game, as I have been a fan of the game since I was little and I also happen to be Colombian. I agree that using the name Gran Colombia was much more inclusive of the histories of the region and its current countries and not just the current Republic of Colombia. My comment was just and observation of the Civilopedia entries of the other Civs compared to the Gran Colombian one, which is significantly shorter. For instance, the German entry begins with Germanic tribes against Rome and ends at sometime after its unification, it is not restricted only to Barbarossa or the HRE. To show a bit of what existed before Bolívar and what happened later with Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama would be a good complement to understand that it is a Civ that, in some way or another, still exists to this day and had roots in Native and Spanish colonial eras. I hope this can help a little bit

oSiyeza, Bosque, OzzyKP and 2 others like this.
  11. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

Tweaks are going to take time to see how the civ is playing. We wouldn't mess with something that just recently came out, at least not yet.

Agree. <Gestures towards Nepal, northern Pakistan, Kachin State>

nzcamel and acluewithout like this.
  12. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

I want pirate use in the regular game.

oSiyeza and Hawke9 like this.
  13. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Mhm. And how many ski resorts are in Nepal and Pakistan? ;) The problem with ski resorts is it must not be built too high.

Socrates99, Kjimmet, Meluhhan and 2 others like this.
  14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Can't tell you about those places but there are plenty in Arizona. I am guessing it's not about the surrounding geography as much as about the surrounding $$$.

nzcamel, Kjimmet, agonistes and 2 others like this.
  15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Yes I agree. Arizona was the first thing that popped into my head as well.
    My problem is the current desert mountains do not originally show snow on them so whenever you do build a ski resort on them it is kind of strange how the snow automatically appears.

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They have machines for that now.

nzcamel likes this.
  17. schondette

schondette Chieftain

Why is Gran Columbia being nerfed? Is this yet another case of multiplayer metas being ruined by all 10 of the people that do that so the rest of us have to suffer?

King Rad, Krajzen, oakdragon and 5 others like this.
  18. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

I think the brokenness is inherently tied to flavor fail, so if they fix the flavor then a lot will come naturally.

Not sure why GC is a blitzkrieg civ and not more of a defensive civ. If the speed bonus were limited to its home continent, that would add a reasonable restriction to Ejercito.

And while I'm not sure if it would fix the CGs, but it feels really weird and dissonant to grant them at the beginning of eras. It feels like they should unlock later with a specific tech.

Bosque, Galvatron and 8housesofelixir like this.
  19. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Certainly feels that way, doesn't it? I remember the issue plaguing the Dark Souls series. Some people didn't like the multiplayer balance so the single player folk suffered.

20. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

As someone who always builds neighborhoods in my cities and who doesn't particularly mind Recruit Partisans in its current iteration, the change actually has me thinking it's time to finally give up on the district altogether. Having to deal with partisans isn't a big deal with railroads laid and a military to defend the homeland with, but having to rebuild a district whose contributions to the empire are marginal to begin with may be the straw that breaks this camel's back.

Other than that, I'll add my voice to those pining for the lush, tropical mountains to be added to the base game.

Krajzen, Avenger237, Myomoto and 2 others like this.