1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] October Update

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Lily_Lancer, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Will there be an Oct. update?

Will they fix the Macedon bug, Byzantium bug, Gaesatae production bug(Boris Gudenuf says it's a classical-starting bug, whether which bug it is, it is a bug) , newly-introduced trade bugs, and nerf Gran Columbia?

I also hope pillaging and chopping can be nerfed, these problems have been there for years.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  2. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

Will they bring back Meteor Showers, that have mysteriously disappeared from normal games?

3. _hero_

_hero_ King

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Hope that's a rhetorical question, because it's obvious there will be.
    I don't know why, but it really irritates me when the identifier "someone" is used in a snarky way like this. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but Lily knows that it was @DanQuayle and myself that pointed out to them that the "bug" with Agoge and NULL prereq units was a long-standing issue with Classical Era starts here. It actually works perfectly fine with Ancient Era starts for all NULL prereq units. So the "bug" is very situational.

Not a mystery and the simple fix can be found here.

5. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Given that often some time passes between Firaxis getting knowlegde of a bug and the fix happening, I wouldn't count on a fix for the Gaesatae/Agoge/ClassicalEraStart one immediately - I found no existing report of this and had to create one:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...rking-on-gaesate-in-classic-era-start.663303/

So unless word has already made it ways to the devs on different channels before, the time window for fixing it in the October update might be just too narrow.

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  6. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Sorry I didn't remember your name. I'll add your name on it.

BTW do you know where can I find the code of spy escape chance using different vehicles? I cannot find them now.

7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

It's been so long ago...back in 2016 from my recollection when I first read about it. It might have even been on reddit. In any event, it's good you did create a Bug Report thread!
    I don't think it's delineated by escape method iirc. For the base chance and a few other variables, they can be found in the GlobalParameters table starting with "ESPIONAGE_ESCAPE_..."

8. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

Yeah definitely too narrow :)
    But I don't think knowledge is the issue on their process of bug resolution.

9. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I think it's likely that we will see a Gran Colombia nerf this patch. They pretty much acknowledged it some time ago, but I got the message was: We want more people to have a chance to play with it in super OP mode before we nerf it (which basically seems to be their selling philosophy for NFP: If we make everything super OP, people will probably think it's fun). I doubt we'll see a balancing pass of the Secret Societies yet, unfortunately, even though it's urgently needed.

10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Of course there will be an update, of course they will not fix all the long standing bugs
    We are paying for pretty, not perfection
    I just wish they would stop sea pathing sending units onto land.

11. Haig

Haig Deity

I hope ai uses voidsingers better in some patching.

The patches have been solid, especially a.i. improvements. Cool to get some free surprisr as well.

I think they release info video for the update on monday 12th, and the update gets released thursday 22th.

12. James_Champagne

James_Champagne Chieftain

What is the Macedon bug?

Pfeffersack and 679x like this.
  13. pjotroos

pjotroos Chieftain

Not 100% sure if it's the same bug Lily means, but you also get the bonuses for capturing cities with specific districts if you build those districts yourself in any captured city, and (if I recall right) building a wonder in a captured city also heals all your units the same way capturing a city with a wonder would. Takes them from just very powerful to broken.

Is the Byzantium bug supposed to be getting units for capturing cities with Entertainment districts? Because I've heard about it but didn't experience it in either of my Byzantium games. Only got cavalry from the ones I've built myself. Ancient start/standard speed if it matters.

679x likes this.
  14. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Spoiler :
    Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.48.59 PM.png

For the Byzantium bug,
    Spoiler :
    Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.32.42 PM.png

ShimmerGloom likes this.
  15. 679x

679x Warlord

Sorry, I don't understand what/where the bug is in the screenshot?

16. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Warlord

I may sound uncultured, but what is the newly-introduced trade bugs?

Even if most of all agree that Gran Colombia is really powerful, what should be done? After all, it is just "faster unit, promotion doesn't end the turn, free Great General stacking". There is not much to play around: too few but powerful abilities, and it would be too easy to make the civilization weak.
    • Should the +1 Movement be more limited? If yes, how? Only to home continent (so not for naval units), only to cavalry units..?
    • If the Comandante General is made to not stack with Great General, does not that make the ability be completely weak? Or change the bonus for something else, like "+10 HP/turn and +5 CS to military land units within 2 tiles" ? Or handicap the CG with 2 Movement?

Same thing for Pillage: is the reward too high, or are the exploit too easy (repair & flip). Maybe it is both. Should we add new mechanic to limit or delay the exploit could be done? For example: a Resistance mechanic. A conquered or gave away city enter "Resistance" mode: all its yield are divided by 2 and is immune to loyalty pressure for a set amount of turn (5? 10?). A mirrored mechanic could be done for Liberated cities: +50% yield and immune to loyalty pressure for a set amount of turn.

For Chopping, I do believe the yield are way to high. Maybe instead of scaling the chop value to the percentage of tech / civic done, maybe the value should jump when unlocking some key tech / civic instead. But I think it is the whole scaling cost with tech / civic that I do not understand: the districts follow the same formula. This lead to late cities to have slower start and focusing more in early expansion and fix the district cost by putting it.

I hope they fix the Dam bug. Here something to know:
    • Only one Dam can be put on the same River, and each River can only have floodplains on 1 area only.
      • If a neighboor city put a Dam on a River, you can't put one. If both of you are building the Dam, when one of them is done, the second is deleted.
    • If you have multiple River with floodplains, you can have mulitple Dam in the city.
    Here the bug: when a city has multiple Dams and is currently building a Dam but is beaten by a neighboor city, all the Dams in the city are deleted instead of the one in the river.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    8housesofelixir likes this.
  17. JerseyTed

JerseyTed Chieftain

The answer for the no forest fires/meteors bug can't be: "Here's a simple fix a user came up with." Not everyone playing the game (hello, console player here!) has access to these simple fixes users come up with. Of those who do play on PC, what percentage of them are perusing these forums looking for fixes? A really low percentage I'm sure. It's on the developers to fix their own game. To give every player the content they paid for months ago. Instead they have completely ignored this.

Bibor, NCC-1701 and 679x like this.
  18. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I think at the very least, CG shouldn't give bonus movement to units. If you remove that aspect, and then maybe change the general Colombia movement bonus to be +1 movement to all military and support units on their home continent, that would certainly bring them down. I think they'd still be very strong, but would at least not be completely didiculous.

Mostly, though, they have resisted doing any real balance changes in the patches to date. Certainly curious to see when and if they get around to it, and whether they will be simply little tweaks around the edges, or if they have any major balance pass planned.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  19. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

@Laurana Kanan, I'm well aware of the fix that was posted, and many thanks for it, by the way, but as the post above reiterates, making the knowedgable players find a Fix for the published game's failures is an utter failure of the responsibiity of the Game Company. If we are going to have to work to include all the game's features, why are we paying good money to Firaxis?

LeroyChenkins, NCC-1701 and JerseyTed like this.
  20. James_Champagne

James_Champagne Chieftain

Ha, I wondered the same thing!

racha, Lupine, 679x and 1 other person like this.