1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Odd city sound.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by TLF, Sep 30, 2010.

1. TLF

TLF Prince

I'm playing BtS.

When I open some cities they play a sound file that I can't find anywhere in the sound folders.

I have already removed many of them (most of them actually) because I can do without sirens because I get enough of that living in a city. I removed most of the rest simply because I can do without that every time I open a city screen.

Any way. There is this sound file that is a cough, someone sounding like they are loudly whispering in your ear, a strange horse-like blowing and then footsteps that sound somewhat like horse clopping.

Is anyone familiar with it and knows where I can find it?
    I have looked everywhere.

Since it doesn't always play I am wondering if it is one of the regular sound files or not.

2. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Iono, I would probably just turn the sound effects all the way down and leave the music where you want it using the in-game menus. Do you really like combat grunting and the booms of cannons enough to mess around with the sound files?

3. Dhoomstriker

Dhoomstriker Girlie Builder

Maybe you can narrow down your search by checking for sound files that are similar in nature to your game. For example, some sound files are Era-based and Ancient Era sounds will be different from more modern ones.

It could possibly be related to a particular unit or Resource that you have in or near your City.

It might also be worth checking the Assets directory for not only the main Civ directory's Assets\Sounds sub-directory, but also the Beyond the Sword\Assets\Sounds directory, and who knows, maybe even the Warlords\Assets\Sounds directory, since BTS did build upon some Warlords' content... maybe the same is true for some of the ambient sounds.

EDIT: Another thought is that it could be a combination of sounds that are being played one after another, so you might actually be looking for multiple small sound files.

For example, under Civ 4\Assets\Sounds\Ambient, you can find a few HorseCobblestones sound files, which might be one of the ones that get played in close succession with one another.

4. ElMikkino

ElMikkino Warlord

I've heard that one before, no idea what its called, though.