Of all things! a Debug error? (Conquests) please help

T.A JONES

Deity
Hi here is my error. I have played this mod till the end before and went for a second run when turn around 570 this happend. The mod is famous for its bug sprayed devoirs.

Funny when I press Retry, The usual' Windows has reported an error and needs to close" message comes up. If usual options are retr,y leave or DEBUG! Finnaly! I think, a error that I can actually use the correct DEBUG option for.(after all the error is a DEBUG error)
SO i hit DEBUG it exits back to desktop and I preume its fixed, simple enough.:D I Reload the save and hit the end turn button. Of course during the same time at the intern it goes off again :(

Anyone know how to deal with this things? What is a debug error? Id be most grateful for some ideas on any of this Thanks

Debug usually means you've got some kind of complier on your system and Windows is giving you the opportunity to debug it yourself. This doesn't mean that Windows will debug it for you.

I found this member with the exact same error and EL SAys hes nvever heard of it thats a bad sign.

However the error occured on another famous and usually error free mod called a Rood of the Dragon. Here is the link to full 3 post thread

cool person said:
I'm sure this is not the modder's fault, however I am wondering if anyone else who has played The Dragon and the Rood (I'm addicted to it, I'm afraid) has run into this problem.

Description of problem:
I tweaked the scenario, Dragon and the Rood, with the editor to allow unlimited turns and the game usually crashes somewhere between turn #140 and 180.
I used a few tech forums to investigate the problem, but now I get this error message that sounds like a pagefile problem or a problem in the Civ code. It reads :

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library in Program: (Filepath)...Civ3Conquests.exe
Damage: after Normal Block (#2882644) at 0x0B707AE0

It then gives the usual choice of Abort, Retry, or Ignore. Pressing Retry usually crashes to the desktop.

I searched numerous tech forums and the MS Knowledge DB, but couldn't find any match any closer than "Damage after Normal Block", all matches as such pointing to an actual code error and not a hardware or pagefile problem. Does anyone have any experience that points to a hardware (chipset?) problem or a pagefile problem? Or is this just a rare code bug?

I'm running a full Gig of RAM on XP, with a 128MB video card. Has anyone else run into this problem or one like it? Thanks.

Debug usually means you've got some kind of complier on your system and Windows is giving you the opportunity to debug it yourself. This doesn't mean that Windows will debug it for you.

OH Jee :( @Turner I have to thank you for always be helpful. I try to take after you in that dept but I think Im really stuck this time. :sad:

I cross posted. does that post right after yours help you recall any soloutions? I don't know what a complier is, :o can you explain it when you have time?

I would fix the bug if I new where to or how to debug. DO I need to download a special program? . I press the dubug option but it sends me to desktop instead of giving a option of finding the location of the debug

PS @Plotinus if you see this did you ever help the person with the road problem like this one? If so any details would likewise be of great help

A compiler is a program that takes code in whatever language it compiles and makes a working program out of it. I've only ever seen that message when I have a compiler on the computer I'm playing on.

A compiler is a program that takes code in whatever language it compiles and makes a working program out of it. I've only ever seen that message when I have a compiler on the computer I'm playing on.

Oh, hmm intresting. Its all good anyway cuz I fixed it!!:D All I did differant was go to the path is said, right clicked and pressed 'apply'

Then I went to save two turns back, when I got to the part where it crashed 4 times in the same place, it swooped on by without a hitch.

Very strange. I was starting to think it was the map size. Someone said all mods on 'extra' huge maps will crash or hang by late game. Im now using a 3.2 processor. Ive been enjoying 30 seconds on a 196x196/ 18 civs/, wet,/ continents/temperate. Its cool that this game can continue. I finally found the ultimate turn time muncher!! And its a myth late game extra huge is frowned upon in Civ3 land!!!

Now Im happy! Thanks Turner. You lead me there with this line. "Windows is giving you the opportunity to debug it yourself" I lucked out somehow

Oh, hmm intresting. Its all good anyway cuz I fixed it!!:D All I did differant was go to the path is said, right clicked and pressed 'apply'

Then I went to save two turns back, when I got to the part where it crashed 4 times in the same place, it swooped on by without a hitch.

Very strange. I was starting to think it was the map size. Someone said all mods on 'extra' huge maps will crash or hang by late game. Im now using a 3.2 processor. Ive been enjoying 30 seconds on a 196x196/ 18 civs/, wet,/ continents/temperate. Its cool that this game can continue. I finally found the ultimate turn time muncher!! And its a myth late game extra huge is frowned upon in Civ3 land!!!

Now Im happy! Thanks Turner. You lead me there with this line. "Windows is giving you the opportunity to debug it yourself" I lucked out somehow
umm I think it was more the going back to the old save game that fixed it... not the right click apply thing:crazyeye: .... lmao.... but glad its working now :goodjob:

umm I think it was more the going back to the old save game that fixed it... not the right click apply thing:crazyeye: .... lmao.... but glad its working now :goodjob:

No way man! I would have scrapped the game for sure but instead I followed up on that lone lead and went down that useless path, straight back to the load menu and chose the right save this time. It was all Turner! !!:mischief::goodjob:

Top Bottom