Off Topic - NWN, Dragon Age (and other RPG) discussion be here

I am playing DA:O as a (male) city elf. For roleplaying purposes, you should know that there is frequently an option in the dialogue tree to take whatever was said as a personal affront to elves every where. :lol: Unfortunately, I am playing a "good" character, and that option is almost always rude. It is fun to watch people stop short and correct themselves in a flustered manner, though. :p

Noble: "Ah, you finally made it back!"
Elf: "What's that supposed to mean!? Are you calling elves SLOW?!"
Noble: "What? No! Of course not!"
Elf: "I have been wronged!"

An interesting option would be to play as an elf that hates humans. I have been tempted, but on my first play through of games like this I like to be a gentleman. I kind of regret choosing elf first, just for that reason. Ah well.

So, Mass Effect...

Am I the only one who seems to think that Udina should have been nominated for the council? Anderson's a bad ass all right, but he's not a politician for a good reason. And while Udina's a ass, he's no less sincere (he's more interested in a human-dominant council than Anderson, and doesn't blink twice if you admit to massacreing them) and you need people like him. Udina can navigate the politics better, and free up Anderson to do cool :):):):). Like join Shepherd.

(Alright, I know that doesn't happen. But still, it should.)

So, Mass Effect... Am I the only one who seems to think that Udina should have been nominated for the council?

Well you can nominate either of them. Your choice has a (small) impact when you import your character into ME2. Same with you saving the council or not. But, as with all Bioware games, regardless of your choice everyone still thinks Shepard choose poorly. Sort of a strange moral in these games. You can make an enormous impact on a lot of individuals but you can't ever change the system.

Also, if you're gone for two years everyone you cared about will develop serious emotional issues. I can understand why they call the protagonist "Shepard".

I know you have a choice. I meant, I seem to be the only person who favors Udina over Anderson for the post. Everyone else goes "Anderson is awesome!" and gives him the post, while I think his awesomeness can't be wasted there.

Top Bottom