1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Off-Topic

Discussion in 'Team Mavericks' started by DMOC, Mar 21, 2010.

1. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Every once in a while we'll need a place where we can talk about something non-Civ related within our team. So if you've got anything to discuss then say so here. ;) Right now I'm trying to finish calculus homework.

2. bobbyboy29

bobbyboy29 I was saying boo-urns...

Remember that when integrating a non-definite integral, don't forget plus C!;)

3. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Ah, yes thank you. I had to write down "+C" on top of my exams to remind me. Are you taking calculus?

4. Chimera1804

Chimera1804 Chieftain

Discussing calculus in the off-topic thread? I like! :goodjob:

5. bobbyboy29

In my high school exams we were allowed as many pages of formula sheets as we wanted. All of my formula sheets had +c written in a different colour (yes colour has a "u") at least once on them and one page was just a giant +C! I'm pretty sure that I remembered... just.

At the moment I am currently taking vector calculus which is not too bad but I'm on the forums atm putting off the assignment I have due this week which I haven't had the courage to even look at yet. Probability is much more interesting than calculus atm.

Sorry to nerd up the off topic discussions guys, I'm sure we'll be having discussions about what's the best way to kill a chicken etc... in no time.:goodjob:

6. BobRoberts

BobRoberts Chieftain

I've been learning again lately, studying for some work diploma thing... had forgotten how tiring it is cramming brain full of new facts. :)

And colour most certainly does have a U in it, no matter what the outlook spellchecker keeps trying to tell me :p

7. Chimera1804

Chimera1804 Chieftain

Just change it to U.K. English...I had to do that when it started corrected "centre", "colour", and the like.

8. javidbing

javidbing Chieftain

Anyone else in this team play HoN (Heroes of Newerth)? :D

9. bobbyboy29

^ My brother does, he's constantly recommending it to me, but I dont have time for anything other than civ...

10. BobRoberts

BobRoberts Chieftain

I've done this, but every few weeks it just reverts... takes the keyboard to a US layout as well - so £ # keys swap as well, etc...

11. Ceiliazul

Ceiliazul Chieftain

Great news from wired.com! - Judge Nullifies Gene Patents

“Products of nature do not constitute patentable subject matter absent a change that results in the creation of a fundamentally new product,”

Look for this one to go Supreme... and Monsanto to get knee deep in fertilizer fighting this.

12. NukeAJS

NukeAJS Chieftain

Now researchers can freely do research on the entire genome of something without getting their pants sued off. Sometimes the feds make the right decision.

13. bobbyboy29

Hey guys, just wondering what everyone here who has the game, and even those who don't think of Civ V. Personally, I'm really enjoying it, yeah there are balance issues but i'm still enjoying it and I don't really care as long as eventually most of them get patched or modded.

14. obsolete

obsolete Chieftain

Quite dissapointing things such as the demo were delayed so long, only to find it still was terrible. Now we know why the delays.

15. ahmedhadzi

ahmedhadzi Relocation Consultant

I don't enjoy it that much, I mean I still play it and waiting for the moment when I will start liking it, but it appears it won't happen till patch 1.5.6.29.

What I do get annoyed with really, is combat AI, and now when there is no distance maintenance AI building cities at really questionable locations (like beyond my borders, for no apparent reason).

For SP games this is important.

P.S.

On a side note I get annoyed a lot by influx of new noob members at CIV V forum section, celebrating their golden idol. I mean it really hurts to see how much lack of critical thinking is taking over the world.