1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Offered all 18cities of mine, about 500 gold and no right of passage?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by panav, Dec 17, 2001.

1. panav

panav Chieftain

I dont get this, I want to take germany out , but they wont budge .

2. Gyre

Gyre Chieftain

You can't offer cities in deals anymore. It will always be refused.

3. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

Are you talking aboot with the new patch? If so why are the cities still there for trading?

4. wervdon

wervdon Chieftain

In my experience the AI will sometimes give you cities in exchange for peace, but only if faced with anhilation :p I like to use that when they found one annoying overseas city. Tell em Ill spare them for it, then kill em anyways :p

I don't know if they'll trade you something for a city though other than peace. Ive never tried offering my cities ;) And Ive never seen one accept giving me one of his unless we were at war and they was losing badly.

5. Lt. 'Killer' M.

Lt. 'Killer' M. Deity

yep, that seems to be the only time....... Don`t know why they took city trading out.... on the other hand ou could get 10 techs for 1 settler....... build rigth squat in the middle of AI territory (even 1 free hill square will suffice) and then block h´their roads - they`d take the city and trade you whatever you wanted so i gues this is why citytrading is mostly gone. Absurd consequence: when I add a city to an acceptable deal the AI "will be insulted".....

6. VoodooAce

VoodooAce Emperor

WHat?????? So cities can no longer be involved in any deals? No trading them AT ALL??????

This better be fixed for MP......:mad:

7. Giorgicus

Giorgicus Master and Commander

panav:

You need to check out your reputation. If you have a poor reputation as a back-stabbing treaty-breaker, no rational civ will give you a right of passage, period.

8. Endureth

Endureth Warlord

I've had no problems trading cities after the patch. Maybe you have a bad rep.

Endureth

9. PaulNAdhe

PaulNAdhe Warlord

How do you check out your reputation? I've never seen any kind of method for doing that.

10. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

With his statement:

"I dont get this, I want to take germany out , but they wont budge"

With this mentality I think it is likely he has a bad reputation...(kitten cleans the blood from his hands, my invasion of those 3 chinese cities was justified :p we now have peace and tribute)

11. Gyre

Gyre Chieftain

I've had no problems trading cities after the patch. Maybe you have a bad rep.

I can't trade cities for anything even if they're gracious. They'll always be insulted by the deal no matter what. They're insulted if I offer a city and ask for 1 gold. If I ask what they will give me for one of my cities, they say no such deal could be done. This is on Deity, I haven't tried any of the lower difficulty levels.

12. wervdon

wervdon Chieftain

Heh off topic, but you know just once Id like to be able to tell the AI that _I_ am insulted by what they offer me :)

Your spices for my furs, a tech, and 10 gold per turn indeed. :p

13. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

I have never been able to get one of the AI's to trade me one of their cities, but I've sold off my own a couple of times already...all you have to do is offer a city, then ask them what they want...these deals are very sensitive, you cannot bargain for more, or for less, don't even touch it...if you remove and put the same thing back, it won't work anymore... :goodjob:

14. Sultan Bhargash

Sultan Bhargash Trickster Reincarnated

I love trading cities. In my experience in the GOTM the AI was demanding my cities for peace. And I have after the patch been able to get ALL of an enemies non-capital cities in peace deals when I was kicking their @ss. But the AI will not usually give or take cities for "just anything", especially not something they know you really want.

I notice you are saying "insulted" and I wonder if you are getting that from your foreign advisor. In my experience, when he says they will be "insulted" by such a deal, he means you need to severly increase your offer. On the other hand, when he says "They would never accept such a deal" it is usually because it is impossible for the AI to do it; give away one of their big cities, or pay more per turn then they can make, etc.