offering assistance for makers of a new civ

antaine

King
If anyone wants to develop an Irish/Celtic civ to add, I would be happy to provide the vocals as Gaeilge (we'd just need to script them out in English first, then I'll translate them and do the recordings for you) - Unfortunately, that level of programming (doing a whole civ) is beyond me at the moment (mostly because of the animations...I was able to make a pretty good Irish civ in CivIV for a few mods, but with no new animations/graphics other than the flag).

Anyone undertaking this should send me a PM.

Hey there, I will need a couple of days to sort through a few non-Civ related things, but after that I'm definitely interested in working to create a solid Irish/Celtic civilization add-on for Civ V. :)

I'm new to having an account on the forums, but I work as a software engineer at a 3D graphics company, so most of the knowledge/tools necessary to mod Civ 5 are not new to me.

awesome. Once you play around with it and document all the sound files you'll need (and what you need them to say) I'll get to work. I do have thoughts (if you care) on how an Irish civ could be executed (leaders, units, etc).

It just struck me that there are probably more people out there who can do the animations and programming than there are who can do all that AND speak Irish... :lol:

I still need to download the Queen of the Iceni mod (was having some server issues last night), but yeah, given that it is Kael who created it, the mod will almost certainly fill the need. :)

With that said, I may take a different take on the Irish/Celtic Civ and do one centered around the Tuatha de Danann for a more mythical approach or Brian Boru for something a little more modern. :king:

Top Bottom