Offical: Acting Governor for Bohemia

Do you Support Neutral Leader as Acting Governor in Waiting for Bohemia?

• Yes

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Almightyjosh

Governor in Waiting
Form AJ, Gov of Bohemia
As a matter of prudence, I wish to appoint an acting governor in advance. In the case of an announced absence on my part, Neutral Leader will assume the position of Acting Governor.
Please Note:
1. This position is not effective until I announce an absence, and I have not done so at the moment.
2. If I should go AWOL unnanounced then the Acting Governor is appointed by the President and does not have to be Neutral Leader.

The opttions are Yes, No and Abstain
This Poll is Binding
This Poll will be open for 48 hours

again citizens, i ask for your support. i would like the opportunity to support you, and fight for you, in the event that our unquestionably dedicated defender should be unable to be the champion of the people he cares so dearly about. but the opportunity to serve you, the people of bohemia, can only be granted by you. so please, do me the honour of casting your vote in my favour.

Originally posted by donsig
I have requested a Judicial Review of the Governor's ability to appoint an Acting Governor when the Governor is able to fulfil his duties.

havent you already discussed this proposal to death in the judicial thread, least thats what i was getting from the thread.

AJ: nice title.

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall

havent you already discussed this proposal to death in the judicial thread, least thats what i was getting from the thread.

AJ: nice title.

So where were all you guys when I was discussing the freakin' deputy governor proposal to death!

Where were you all when I tried to keep us from passing these stupid freakin' laws? I'm really getting tired of rules being made and then ignored!

I agree that Governors should have deputies. I've been saying so for a long, long time now. But in all their wisdom our citizens decided that governors should not have deputies and made a rule to that effect. It's a clear rule and trying to get around it by appointing a permanent acting governor debases ALL our rules - even the good ones that we do have.

Now it is all well and good for our citizens to see the light of day and change thier minds on this or any issue but when they do so they must follow the rules that they made!

Not every citizen might look there. Did you try the citizen forum?

i didnt say deputies, i think your missing the spirit of what aj is trying to do. He making sure he has a backup plan, so things dont go all screwy if he leaves, that not a deputy position. As i understand it this positions means that if AJ is gone or announces an abcense his backup can go in and keep things going whilst he is away. It makes sense but we dont need a permananet deputy position. No i understand you cant have it both ways but i like it it follows the spirit of the rules and the game. I wish people would stop taking the rules so literally unless they are major infractions.

i didnt say deputies, i think your missing the spirit of what aj is trying to do. He making sure he has a backup plan, so things dont go all screwy if he leaves, that not a deputy position. As i understand it this positions means that if AJ is gone or announces an abcense his backup can go in and keep things going whilst he is away. It makes sense but we dont need a permananet deputy position. No i understand you cant have it both ways but i like it it follows the spirit of the rules and the game. I wish people would stop taking the rules so literally unless they are major infractions.

My good man, just what do you think a deputy is?!?

Let me tell you what a deputy is. A deputy is a backup plan, so things dont go all screwy if the leader or governor leaves. If the leader or governor is gone or announces an abcense his backup can go in and keep things going whilst he is away.
But you're right. We don't need a permanent deputy position when we can have a permanent acting what-ever position because by not calling it a deputy we are living up to the spirit of the rules.

I wish people would stop taking the rules so literally unless they are major infractions. Then there never would have been any donsig PIs and we would have missed all that fun. ;)

somehow i dont think those PI's were totally for fun, especially that last one. I agree its an end run around the rules of deputy but if he is the chat rep for the province as well and the governor cant be there he can basically "act" as governor of the province to make sure build queues and other thinsg mentioned by the provinces governor can be followed, maybe we should just make turn chat reps instead of a deputy/acting governor.

maybe we should just make turn chat reps instead of a deputy/acting governor.

Or we could just change the CoL and have deputy governors.

Only if the citizenry allows it. I think the turn chap reps is a better idea

Donsig, watch your blood pressure...

I think the Governor appointing a Leiutenant Governor or Assistant Governor is fine. A deputy Governor would have to be elected (the runner-up), and this would take away one of the perks of being a Governor. What's the problem with an appointed position?

Originally posted by Cyc

*AJ attempts to refrain from screaming nasty things about the word depudy and the COL in general*

Although you would not hink it from what Dansig says, there is both a legal and an actual difference between an Acting Gov in Waiting and a Depudy Gov. The legal difference is two fold.
1) The name. The COL specifically excludes Depudy Governors but does not exclude any other assistant type role. However, to push a proposal on this alone would not be in the spirit of the thing. So...
2) The Method of Appointment. A depudy is the runner up in the elections for that post (eg, Donsig for Bohemia). An acting governor is appointed by the Governor and ratified by the citizens and may be any person at all.

The third distinction is both legal and actual.
3) The Authority. An acting governor in Waiting only assumes power if and when the Governor gives warning of an absence and designates that the Acting Gov will take over. Again I say, if a Gov goes absent with out leave (AWOL) then the executive appoints a Governor.

These combine to make the position of acting gov in waiting legally separate (judicial review pending)

On a different note. Though Neutral Leader is new and many of you are wary of new faces (or so it seems) he has shown GREAT enthusiasm for provincial issues and government (I think) from the very instant he joined our nation. I am confident he would serve well in my absence (if such a thing occured) and I certainly think he deserves a chance. Remember to vote on the person, not on what you perceive to be the legality of the position, theres enough debate on that already.

Originally posted by Cyc

I think the Governor appointing a Leiutenant Governor or Assistant Governor is fine. A deputy Governor would have to be elected (the runner-up), and this would take away one of the perks of being a Governor. What's the problem with an appointed position?

Yeah, it's a great freakin' idea and I told everyone many times it was a great freakin' idea but it was voted down! It is illegal! It don't matter what you call it:

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet and AJ's proposal is a stinking deputy governor no matter what you call it.

There is a clause in the CoL that states Goernors do not have deputies. The intent behind that law is clear - the citizens did not want governors to have back-ups waiting - no matter what you choose to call them or how they get their job! This mandate from the citizens was renewed when section J was passed. That section was prompted by governors who did not do their jobs, remember? That was a perfect chance for our citizens to give back-up to governors, the idea was debated and roundly defeated.

If our citizens have had a change of heart and embrace the Bohemian Governor's proposal then the CoL must be changed to reflect that. (I would be among the first to vote for such a change!) If not then AJ should play by the rules as written and only appoint an acting governor when he knows he'll be away from the forums for awhile.

Top Bottom