Offical thread for what we want to do next?

Please everyone vote on the polls I have been creating as it will give a better idea of what everyone really wants to do...

One general comment... the .SAV should be able to be read by 2.42 (Classic), 2.62 (CiC), 2.72 (FW), and 5.4.0f (MGE). This is so the max number of people can access the game. In effect, it means the game must be saved in 2.42 format, without any of the special options that can conflict with other versions.

Classic = "original", which is sold for less than $10 USD at discount stores.
CiC = Conflicts in Civilization
FW = Future Worlds
MGE = Multiplayer Gold Edition

For those that can't use the .SAVs, like Sony Playstation, or no internet dowload privliges (e.g., work, or gov't access only), much participation is still possible, and we (some of us) will be posting key screenshots anyway.

So anyone of any skill level and game access should be able to participate in any event.

:)

Exactly the reason why I want to play the classic version. The version a person owns should not be reason to not participate in the demo game.

PS, I almost forgot our Civ 2 ToT players ;).... but they can also read a 2.42 (and MGE) save as far as I know. :)

Originally posted by starlifter
PS, I almost forgot our Civ 2 ToT players ;).... but they can also read a 2.42 (and MGE) save as far as I know. :)

I'm pretty sure they aren't compatible, but a conversion tool is probably floating around somewhere...

When playing Civ2MGE can you save the game in such a way classic players are able to read the saved game or do you have to downgrade MGE to classic to be able to do so?

TOT needs an upgrade to use MGE but it can read the original files. I have ToT with the MGE patch so I am okay with all files...

In the first Game of Democracy, how many turn(s) were completed in a 24 hour period?

When playing Civ2MGE can you save the game in such a way classic players are able to read the saved game or do you have to downgrade MGE to classic to be able to do so?
You have to downgrade. I did it a few weeks ago, and just copied my original MGE directory to a new location, then applied Cedric's patch. It turns out Cedric includes 2.42, 2.62, and 2.78 .EXEs, so you can run all versions from the patched directory! I just made a shortcut to the Classic, plus my original MGE links (NO-CD and original installed CD-required EXE).

Top Bottom