Office of War Bonds

ice2k4

Emperor
Seeing that the Mongolian War starts in a few minutes, the first oppurtunity for the good citizens to buy war bonds has arrived. The war bond rules have been incorporated to the Office of the Treasury (The Bank for short,) hawever seeing that this is the first war we are experiencing, I will post the current rules here as well.

Rules of Purchase
1) War Bonds may only be purchased at war time.
2) War Bonds will only be payed back when peace is declared.
3) You may invest in as many wars as you like.
4) When investing you are only investing towards war with the specific country listed. Investing (purchasing) a war bond does not mean you are purchasing it for wars with multiple countries, even if we are at war with more than one country at a time.
5) Rates can not change after war is declared.
6) All purchasing of war bonds must be done in this thread.
7) Bonds are controlled by the Office of the Treasury

Bond purchases will be deducted from your account when war is declared, end bond values will be added to your account when peace is declared.

The Berlinese (German) War

Current War Bonds Available for Purchase
Small War Bond: Costs 50 Gold
Large War Bond: Costs 100 Gold
Presidential War Bond: Costs 200 Gold
Continental War Bond: Costs 500 Gold

Current Rates
City we have captured or razed (does not include barbarian states): +20%
City of ours captured or razed by enemy (includes barbarians): -25%
City of ours captured by the enemy, which we later recapture: +5%
Unit Lost on Large, Presidential or Continental War Bond: -1%
Unit Lost on Small War Bond: -2%
Objective Completed (Capture Berlin): +40%

Rihiter's Mongolian War

Current Rates
Unit Lost on Large or Presidential War Bond: -1%
Objective Completed (Capture Beshbalik and Karakorum or gain Math from the Mongols): +30%

Robboo's Mongolian War

Current Rates
Unit Lost on Large or Presidential War Bond: -1%
Objective Completed (Capture the three eastern cities of Mogolia): +30%

How the Rates are Calculated
Your bonds are altered after your purchase.
Bonds will be posted current balance after every turn chat.
Bond rates are always taken from the original value of the bond.

(Ex. If you purchase a large bond, after the first turn, one of our cities is destoryed and you end up with 75 gold. Then after the second turn we capture a city, which adds 20% to your bond value. Your bond value will increase 20% of 100 Gold (original large bond) bringing your total to 95 Gold, instead of 20% of 75 Gold being added.

The Berlinese (German) War
Current War Bonds & Values
GeorgeOP Presidential War Bond Current Value: 200 Gold
GeorgeOP Presidential War Bond Current Value: 200 Gold
Ice2k4 Presidential War Bond Current Value: 200 Gold
Dimaloik Large War Bond Current Value: 100 Gold
SwissEmpire Presidential War Bond Current Value: 200 Gold

Rihiter's Mongolian War

Current War Bonds & Values
Ice2k4 Presidential War Bond Current Value: 326 Gold

Rob's Mongolian War

Current War Bonds & Values:
Ice2k4 Presidential War Bond Current Value: 377 Gold
BCLG100 Large War Bond Current Value: 187 Gold
Rob Boo Presidential War Bond Current Value: 377 Gold
Roberto "Moonshine" Di Luigi Large War Bond Current Value: 187 Gold

These War Bonds have not been calculated with units lost however.
Also note, that we are still technically at war with Mongolia, and peace has not been declared.
Yet another note, if the new SoW decides to divert from our current war plan, these bonds will be declared finished, and new bonds will be available for purchase for Rihiter's Mongolian War.

Quick question...you get 75% of the after teh first turn? on all of the bonds correct.

Thinking of what my troops can do and trying to figure out what to do.

Speaking of this example....(Ex. If you purchase a large bond, after the first turn you end up with 75 gold. Then after the first turn we capture a city, which adds 20% to your bond value. Your bond value will increase 20% of 100 Gold (original large bond) bringing your total to 95 Gold, instead of 20% of 75 Gold being added.

Why does he start with 75 gold...just trying to figure out what you start with for the other bonds.

Last time I checked...settlers did not have a good defense value. I am not concerned.

Well, first off that was a typo, my bad. It should read saying after the first turn, one of our cities is destoryed and you end up with 75 gold. That might make it clearer (sorry I was rushing when I was typing this.)

I'll edit it to read that right.

Also, by the settler, if it settles, let's say in a certain place, can't that dwarf your attack plans a little. Also, if it does settle beforewe attack, which it probablly will, I do not recommend going after it until we capture all three of our objective cities. Even though it may seem like an easy attack point, you don't want to divert any troops. (Please note, I have not even looked at your plans, nor have I seen where the settler is, so my recommendation may be rendered useless.) I do think however, we should get one unit over there (where the settler settles) to pillage all improvements in the city radius. Capturing the city would be too weak of a defense point for us, and may require too many units (again do not divert any units,) however pillagin improvements helps slow down city production and isnt very costly.

OT: about the settler...lets see where he is and then worry about it. I wont divert any troops bu tinstead kick their 3 cities in the teeth and capture what wei can THEN take care of that new weakly guarded city. As a benefit...it lessened the defense in one city by pulling away a defender...I think that outweights any problems from him.

Give me a Presidential...

MY guys will not allow any cities to get captured. YOU CAN BANK ON THAT. They also will capture at least 2 cities. And we will lose 6 axes.(Thats my gut...3 at Turfan and 3 at the unknown city.)

Ahh, excellent, the SoW has let everyone know his prediction. Now everyone can safely buy war bonds. Anyway, hope you kick the crap out of the Mongols, for your bond's sake atleast :lol:

After looking at the save... we will take all 3 cities.

no biggie. I was getting tired of SoW anyway. I actually am not a warmonger in my games. I have never even tried a conquest game...too boring in my mind. I like building and tech races.

I will run elsewhere( maybe). I have my doubts on my electability based on me expressing my opinions on matters in the judiciary and my recent head butting with the censor.

re:Hell of a job choreographing that war..the real thanks should be given to George, Tubby, Whomp, CG adn teh prior governors of the cities. They built what I requested. Other than that..its just setting up an "Alpha strike" you bring all your weapons to hit all in the shortest span of time..in this case 2 turns. The war is over before your opponent can blink. This war was over when the last ax was built...the Mongolians just dont know it yet.

another bad thing about SoW...is I might have given away a few tactics to my opponets in multiplayer.

Haha.
/me twists rules and buys right now. One large War bond to be served to a Mr. Roberto Di Luigi SVP

H'mmm, I rhink I'm going to wait a turnchat to see how the beginning of the war plays out.

-Jase

jasebow...the war will be over in this TC. 4 turns at the most before all the cities are captured. Trust me. I planned the military movements..all cities fall the turn they are attacked.

War bonds updated, not with units lost however. Rob when you get a chance, just tell me (if you know) how many units we lost.

So far the war looks damned good. Everyone is up 50% (again excluding units lost.)

Congratulations Rob, and hell of a job. Won me a nice amount of needed gold. Shall we go to the Rebel Pub to celebrate?

ice..
we completed 100% of our war goals so .....30%
3 cities captured..so 3 times 20 is ..............60%.

I will check the units loss tomorrow. So course teh war is not over until we sign peace so i would wait to pay out teh bonds yet. We migth still lose a unit defending.

Top Bottom