Official Border Poll - Proposed Modification of Rhineland's Borders

Shall we modify Rhineland's borders, and if so, how?

• Do not change the existing borders.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Proposal 1

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Proposal 2

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

FortyJ

Deity
This issue has been discussed and debated for some time, and it is high time we actually pulled the lever and voted on this. Please cast your votes with care as they may directly affect the future of Fanatika.

Proposal 1 - originally submitted by Cheetah
[

Proposal 2 - originally submitted by FortyJ
[

Related Information

Main Discussion

This poll will remain open for a minimum of 48 hours and at least until a full quorum (17 votes) has been reached.

I would say that borders in Rhineland should not be changed at this time. My reasoning is that we have an immediate provincial need for the recently captured cities of India. I feel that changing Rhineland borders now would only delay this objective.

If they were changed at all I would want to see the provincial lines follow the "inside" of the mountains. That is, the west border would ride down the east side of that mountain chain and the south border would ride along the north face of the mountains.

Lahore and Fukushima may be the only funcitioning towns in a new Indian province, at least until we get Democracy going and build some infrastructure. If Rhineland needs to expand, let it expand southwards.

I said it before and I'll say it again, the border change is not justified or neccessary.

I voted for proposal #1, which is option #2.

*bump* I do not believe this has met quorum yet.

As this poll has been open for nine (9) days and has surpassed the quorum requiresments, and 50% of the respondents have either abstained or voted against changing the borders, I will consider this matter closed.

<><><><><>

Anyone wishing to contribute to the provincial border design should do so as soon as possible as I intend to post a poll on the matter no later than this Sunday, 16 Feb.

Argggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is EXACTLY why I am in favour of series of polls rather than one poll that tries to ask too many questions. It is clear that an equal number of citizens supported moving the borders as did leaving them in place. It is merely that there were two options that involved moving the borders and only one that meant it remained. In my opinion this poll should be rerun. (btw I did not vote, and I don't care who wins, just as long as the people's will is done)

Further to this, I would urge FortyJ to remember that votes for Abstain are NEVER to be counted as votes against exept in the case of a change to the law (this is a seperate issue).

Top Bottom