OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Appointments and Absences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strider said:
As I said close to the end of the game, in the first discussions of this type. Our trouble is that no one really wants to be a deputy, a mayor, a govornor, a leader. They are not really powerful, and you receive no extra bonus if you get elected to a poistion.

Sure, DG4 if you got elected you had a city named whatever you wanted to, but that was taken away last game.

It's about time we give our elected/appointed officials some real power. Allow them to make more choices by themselves, without citizen input.

Untill we actually start doing this, it's going to keep getting harder to find people to fill our elected poistions.
which is a great part of the alternate government
if you want to get input from citizens be a strategic leader, if you want to make your own decisions be a tactical leader

Black_Hole said:
if you want to get input from citizens be a strategic leader, if you want to make your own decisions be a tactical leader

Then you have abunch of people trying to be tatical leaders, and have problems filling the strategic leader spots. Solves only half the problem.

Black_Hole said:

Strider said:
Then you have abunch of people trying to be tatical leaders, and have problems filling the strategic leader spots. Solves only half the problem.

I would have to agree with strider on this one. (Also, you all know that I dislike the Alternative Government that strays away from the traditional government which is modeled after the advisors in Civ3 :p)

Again, the Alternative Governmets would just create more empty offices and more beurocracy.

strange, earlier everyone was saying that everyone wanted to be a strategic advisor because they get to make the important decisions and now you are saying that everyone wants to be a tactical advisor. Looks to be all positions will be heavily contested, oh wait thats a good thing!!!

I would rather be a strategic leader than tactical... Plus people with conquests have to be a strategic leader so i see some fierce rivalry for offices, making leaders much more powerful, another good thing.

Cg, there is 1 more office that has to be filled in an alternate governemtn, 1!!!

Black_Hole said:
Cg, there is 1 more office that has to be filled in an alternate governemtn, !!!!

Does not matter, I dislike the alternate government because it strays away from the traditonal norm. The government structure was originaly consived to mirror the advsors in Civ3. To me, 1 more office that has to be filled still means to me, still more empty offices.

I know all of you whom support the alternative government are trying to persuade the conservatives of the government to this new government, but its not working for me unless I see explicid proof that it can be done without disenfranchising the people whom support the tradiitional office that wish to run an office.

I am sorry if I came off blunt on this, but I just dislike moving away from the traditional government.

CivGeneral said:
Does not matter, I dislike the alternate government because it strays away from the traditonal norm. The government structure was originaly consived to mirror the advsors in Civ3. To me, 1 more office that has to be filled still means to me, still more empty offices.

I know all of you whom support the alternative government are trying to persuade the conservatives of the government to this new government, but its not working for me unless I see explicid proof that it can be done without disenfranchising the people whom support the tradiitional office that wish to run an office.

I am sorry if I came off blunt on this, but I just dislike moving away from the traditional government.
if you look at the top part of my post you will see that people will be able to find a job that suits them... mayb someone doesnt like long term planning then they can choose a tactical position instead of no position or vice versa

If you want to see proof support the alternate government this DG and we will be able to see how it works

Black_Hole said:
If you want to see proof support the alternate government this DG and we will be able to see how it works

I already saw Raven's Experimentation, and how shall I say. Did not worked out and thus failed and I have a feeling that the Alternative Government will also fail.

My main fear about the alternate government is that I would be disenfranchsed and not able to, at least as a deputy (since there are discussions about removing them in the alternative government), to be in the government.

CivGeneral said:
I already saw Raven's Experimentation, and how shall I say. Did not worked out and thus failed and I have a feeling that the Alternative Government will also fail.

My main fear about the alternate government is that I would be disenfranchsed and not able to, at least as a deputy (since there are discussions about removing them in the alternative government), to be in the government.
phase 1 worked great in ravens proposal
the reason it failed was my fault, i felt we had little time left to work on the government, so I posted my alternative government, even though phase 2 wasnt yet completed. It didnt fail because of the actual alternate government

im still failing to see your viewpoint, you are saying there will be lots of empty positions, but you are also saying that you wont be able to win an election and get a position....

Black_Hole said:
Im still failing to see your viewpoint, you are saying there will be lots of empty positions, but you are also saying that you wont be able to win an election and get a position....

Well, I would say the falt on my viewpoint on empty possition, is my ignorance and a dead set possition for the Traditional government.

What I mean that "I wont be able to get a possition", is because there have been talks (Though I have not followed the discussions for the Alertnave govermnet because I am dead set against it and refuse to be any part of it) about removing the deputies in the alternative government. To me, it would make me feel disenfranchised from the government in general because there would be no offices for me to take part in the government. If Deputies are still going to be remain but the chosing of the deputy is going to be the leader, I would still have that feeling of disenfranchment because I would be overlooked and someone elts is chosen. (Which is why I like the runner-up deputy possition system)

I hate to say it CG, but everyone isnt entitled to be a deputy. It should require work, it shouldnt be someting where you lost the election but still get a job

CG, I think you're overlooking the math inherent in the alternative government proposals, or at least mine. My proposal increases the total number of elected officials, from President and 6 advisors to President, 4-5 strategic, and 4-5 tactical, a net increase from 7 to at least 9 and possibly 11. On top of that add the DP positions which would be separately elected (3), plus however many governors we have provinces for.

No deputy positions, but 5-7 additional offices to run for. Are you so insecure that you don't think you can win one of 14 open offices?

DaveShack said:
CG, I think you're overlooking the math inherent in the alternative government proposals, or at least mine. My proposal increases the total number of elected officials, from President and 6 advisors to President, 4-5 strategic, and 4-5 tactical, a net increase from 7 to at least 9 and possibly 11. On top of that add the DP positions which would be separately elected (3), plus however many governors we have provinces for.

No deputy positions, but 5-7 additional offices to run for. Are you so insecure that you don't think you can win one of 14 open offices?
but CG also doesnt like the alternate government because of all the offices...
There are actually lots of positions but administrative positions and dp positions can be controled by someone in other offices...
An excellent government type!

@Dave, would it be alright to continue the discussion about the Alternative Government via PM? (In other words, a little Pow-wow with you about it)

Let's get this back on track with appointments and absences, not alternate governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom