1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: DG VI Judiciary

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by ravensfire, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

ummm we should be leaving this in the judicial code. Put the bare minimums... Just add a phrase to the Judicial Article that says"The judiciary may create a judical code outlined anything not set in other forms of law."

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

No, we don't even need to add the bare minimums to the CoL or Constitution. It's all covered with the statement that's already in the Constitution - "The Chief Justice shall have the additional responsibility to organize and conduct the affairs of the Judicial Branch." That's all that's needed. If some bozo comes in and screws things up, remember you elected him.

3. mhcarver

mhcarver Newspaper Mogul

Um CT I don't understand option 4 it seems at lot like impeachment(option 5) could you tell me exactly what it means and the difference between the two? thanks

4. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

I agree,
    cant we keep it the way we did it this game? It worked great and if it aint broken dont fix it ;)

5. MOTH

MOTH Emperor

The method used during DGV did work great. It is however ripe for abuse. I agree that the language Stider proposed can't hurt and can help avoid abuses by inserting a confirmation poll if someone disagrees with a change in procedure.

6. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Bah! Here's where we disagree, MOTH. You're saying you approve of citizens that understand very little of the Judicial Procedures, avoid discussing them at all costs, and complain about the Judiciary's presence in the game to strike down a Chief Justice's organization and how he conducts the affairs of the court? Are you mad? :lol:

7. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

I like DG5 Judiciary procedures. Let's keep them.