1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: DG6 startup milestones

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Feb 2, 2005.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

In order to keep ourselves on track, I suggest we set a number of milestone dates, by which we need to have certain actions completed. Having this thread separate from the things to do thread is not a putdown on that thread, we just need a clean start on a list with some concrete dates.

Here are the ones we know about already, and my recommendation.

Rules / Elections track:
    Nominations start: Feb 22
    Ruleset Ratification ends: Feb 21 (need to have rules before noms, if humanly possible)
    Ruleset Ratification starts: Feb 16 (at the latest, this would be 5 day polls. If we want longer, move back accordingly)
    Ruleset Final drafts posted for comment: Feb 14
    Decisions complete on all major points: Feb 12
    Polls posted for major ruleset decisions: Feb 7 (assuming 5 day polls)
    Draft rules, draft polls available for discussion: Feb 5

World Parameters track:
    Polls close: Feb 21 (candidates need to know characteristics to know how to campaign)
    Polls open: Feb 16 (5 days)
    Discussions end: Feb 16 (no need to discuss what options are in the polls)

Additional items:
    Citizen registry opened : Feb 13, 3 days before ratification polls open
    Forums created : Before the citizen registry is opened, early enough to allow threads to be copied.

2. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

I disagree, DS. We need to discuss victory conditions. We're playing C3C, which is unfamiliar to some citizens. The victory conditions are changed from vanilla. I recommend that we have five days devoted to discussion of victory conditions.

3. DaveShack

I think this is probably just a terminology issue. I would consider the victory conditions to be enabled to be part of the game parameters, and discussion can be going on now.

4. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

we need a separate development there, since we need to limit the scope of each debate.

5. DaveShack

No argument there, whether that item is discussed separately is outside the scope of setting target dates for the entire game setup part to be finished.

Anyone concerned with the dates? Anyone think we can't achieve them? Have we started all that needs to be started in order to have a complete ruleset before nominations start?

6. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Big picture-wise, we have one major debate left - what style of Government. There are a couple people working on wording for the alternate style - hopefully there are a few people working on the traditional style. I've seen minimal discussion on that, so I'm assuming that the proponents of the traditional style completely agree with the DG5 structure and rules.

Outside of that, most of the ruleset is independant of the government type. Various sections can be put up *now* for an approval poll. Specifically, the Pre-amble for certain can go, along some of the smaller articles. *Sigh* Well, I brought it up, poll for preamble will be up soon, various other threads will be getting summary posts soon.

So long as proponents of each government style work on their sections of the ruleset, we should be able to make the timeline. I'd love to have seen a mod take a more active role (ala DZ), but that's not going to happen. Cyc, DS - looks like we need to push it. Again. My time is going to vary greatly and unpredictably. If either of you see an area ready, or stalemated, push it.

-- Ravensfire

7. DaveShack

My time will vary in the same manner. We seem to always do this when someone has something critical due real soon now. :cry: Could be that's the normal state of affairs... :crazyeye:

8. DaveShack

:bump:

Upcoming milestones:
    1. Draft rules, draft polls available for discussion: Feb 5
    2. Polls posted for major ruleset decisions: Feb 7 (assuming 5 day polls)

Maybe this thread ought to be stickied.

9. DaveShack

OK, we're well behind on everything. :(

If I am elected President, I pledge to make sure the game doesn't get ahead of the ruleset -- or at least try.

10. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

You have my vote!

11. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

World Parameter polls are now open.